Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen these underground communities about ten years ago. My friend works as an electrician for the Transit authority and showed me around and is was so amazing. There were literally families living in there own little sections like an underground housing project. The smell was unbelievable and there were rats everywhere. The particular ones I have seen were abandoned Subway stations and tunnels.
These tunnels are actually very practical for homeless because they were safe from police (at the time), warm in the winter due to city supplied steam lines and cool in the summer. It is no place anyone would ever want to live but I guess it beats living on the sidewalk without shelter.
It is my understanding that Giuliani removed these communities since I been there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of kool things under NYC.   There are many underground subway layups.  The old City Hall station is a great place to visit, if its open to the general public.   Check out the NYC transit museum.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
rats that can carry away small children
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.forgotten-ny.com/

Interesting site.Check it out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Without reading the whole thread:

NINJA TURTLES!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jimmy Hoffa

Detroit, west side.

That's what they want you to believe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Edit - damn, Jav beat me  to the infiltration.org post.

Curses, foiled again!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top