User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They actually allow people to pump gas before paying?

I don't think any gas stations do that in AZ.

Lots of gas stations in MO still do.  (I've also seen it in IL, KY and TN recently)

I usually jsut use a credit/debit card at the pump, but if I'm buying a soda or something in the shop, I'll pay for all of it inside when I'm done.

Didn't there used to be unmanned stations in Danishland, no one worked there, you just used a credit card? I read that in a spy novel

There are still pump first gas stations in my area and none of those "You'll get yer F-ING ASS KICKED FER STEALING GAS 'ROUND HERE!" signs with a picture of a big ass Bill Gillepsie looking cop on them that I see at the pumps in other states.

There are a couple of those here in Dallas. Both are Texaco's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't steal and have no tolerance for theives.

Sorry Lawdog I know a tank of gas isn't worth killing someone over but I'm not crying over it either.

Tj

The theif murdered the gas station owner. I find that pretty sad.

Writing down the plate number would've probably been a better move than jumping on the car though.

While we're on the topic of different kinds of gas stations, in Jersey you're not trusted to pump your own gas, so I actually get the priviledge of paying a guy to pump my gas while I sit in my car and do nothing. So while I can look out the window and see the pilot lights on 4 or 5 different refineries, gas is still cheaper in other states.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nope!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Never have.  Your title is reallllll unclear per your post content?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I usually give away free gas wherever I go.

Come on man, that's funny. I don't care who you a re.

A little respect here.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I usually give away free gas wherever I go.

Come on man, that's funny. I don't care who you a re.

A little respect here.  

Corny as corny can be.

You should be booed and hissed at.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Offering unwanted advice to the world since 1996.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOO, HISS.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOO, HISS.

Sheesh tough room.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I "stole" a whole tankful last week. Went into my usual store and bought a coke and newspaper and walked out without paying for the gas. I paid for it later that day when I realized what I did.

I did that once, too. I was on the road and didn't realize it for about 4 hours.

When I got where I was going, I sent a check to the corporate HQ (It was a convenience store chain)along with a note explaining what happened.

A couple of weeks later,  got home and found a letter with my returned check waiting for me.

The letter was a "Thanks for your honesty, but don't worry about it, We got in touch with the store and everything is OK" letter. I was amazed.

My guess is that they didn't have the mechanism in place to cash the check at corporate HQ.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
to the people who ask "you would kill a person over stealing *fill in the blank*?" I ask "you would be willing to die for stealing *fill in the blank*?"

artar
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
With gas so expensive I can't carry enough cash on me, so I use pay at the pump with a credit card. Kind of hard to steal gas using a credit card, though I suppose one could use a stolen credit card.
Stealing gas in Michigan is a felony.

BTW I pay off my credit card each month.

That's crazy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Me and a buddy stole gas from a construction work site back when I was young.
We got caught by the police and the owner.
He didn't press charges since we admitted to stealing the gas.
Our punishment?
We had to do the shit jobs at his construction jobs.
After a month of that he gave us a choice, keep working for him and get free gas plus pay or not to.
I worked for him for the rest of the school year and that summer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never stolen a thing in my life.

I did get robbed last week though, 18.6 gallons @ $50.00 even.

Mother fuckers! You just know someone is getting rich over the rise in gas.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I used the Oklahoma Credit Card a couple of times as a teenager.

It was wrong.  I was bad.  F*ck me.  I haven't done it in over 30 years.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]

I remember twice that habit has saved me from an inadvertent drive-off.

Good.  If any of you guys ever come to SC, make sure you go to great lengths like this to make sure you don't accidentally drive off.  The state highway patrol has a zero-tolerance policy if you are reported of driving-off.  Even though you came-back and paid, you still lose your license if the station reports the drive-off.  One of our customers owns a chain of convenience stores, and they are now waiting 24 hours before reporting drive-offs to the police since their report resulted in dozens of people losing their license due to credit card processing screw-ups, people that came-back after they remembered to pay, or mistakes when writing down the license plate number.  Some of the stations have even completely stopped reporting drive-offs to the police because of the actions of the police.  I know two people that have had their license taken after being accused of driving off in an SC town they've never been to after someone miswrote the plate #.  Like with traffic tickets in this state, you do not have the right to go before a jury, or even a judge(!), to get the problem fixed.  Of course the state highway patrol doesn't care whether or not what they're doing is right.  They just want to collect as many licenses as possible to justify their increased budget for overseeing this new law.z
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I work part time at a gas station.  I feel in danger for my life at least twice a night.  Last night was rough after hearing about the man getting killed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I use that little speedpass thingy.   Hold it up to the circle and them pump away.
BTW: They're making a hell of a lot more profit than a penny a gallon.

Gas stations are not making shit on gas right now.  The franchise companies are.  We actually don't even sell gas.  We're the front for the oil companies.  Their computers track what's sold, and how much we owe them, they set the price, not the station (mom and pop stations excluded) and we pay them the exact amount of  gas bought and paid for inside the station.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have never stolen a thing in my life.

I did get robbed last week though, 18.6 gallons @ $50.00 even.

Mother fuckers! You just know someone is getting rich over the rise in gas.

Exxon just passed wally world as the retailer with the highest revenues nation wide.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I "stole" a whole tankful last week. Went into my usual store and bought a coke and newspaper and walked out without paying for the gas. I paid for it later that day when I realized what I did.

Then you didn't steal it.  You bought it on margin!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top