Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Frankly, I think a standard carry gun with hi-cap mags would do the job.  You shoot two or three people in the head, the rest WILL start running away!  My choice among my personally-owned weapons:  SIG P226.  Trust me, shoot the first guy and the next one will turn tail.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Scratch my last comment. Another +1 for the HK51B. a 2000 round box behind each seat with the belt carefully packed to all 4000+ rounds are on one belt. since it's all one belt.

Option number two:
FLAMETHROWER. One that uses a binary fuel, with two BIG tanks of the stuff on the back seat. I'm sure that'll be a real crowd-treater

Edit: BTW, all the ammo is for AFTER they start running
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Scratch my last comment. Another +1 for the HK51B. a 2000 round box behind each seat with the belt carefully packed to all 4000+ rounds are on one belt. since it's all one belt.

Option number two:
FLAMETHROWER. One that uses a binary fuel, with two BIG tanks of the stuff on the back seat. I'm sure that'll be a real crowd-treater

Edit: BTW, all the ammo is for AFTER they start running

another plus one for the flamethrower....the MERE SIGHT OF WHICH would send most of the crowd fleeing.

I need one of these.....  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hard to beat the Kalashnikov for close range wholesale killing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#6]
A legion of remote controlled vampire bats and a company size element of scorpions that are trained to attack the smell of chicken and waffles should handle the video scenario this thread is based off of if you decide to rule out my ICBM suggestion on the basis of radioactive fallout. I believe this was option # 7on the poll.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stand on the accellerator and run them down.  You have a 4000 lb weapon at your disposal.  

It depends on the vehicle. You would need something that has some good ground clearance or you might get high centered on all the bodies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Remington 870

All you have to do is rack the action and it will send them running
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#10]
The type of cowards that would mob rush a women would be detterred by a freaking .22

those fucking cowards in that video would disperse like cacaroaches (sp?) after you shot the first one.  anyway, a hicap pistol (glock 19 ) would definitely be sufficient for the job.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]
USAS-12. Use the 20-rnd drum magazines loaded with incendiary buckshot (they make it, you can find it on gunbroker).

I guarantee there isn't a mother fucker on the planet who wants to be the first one to step up when you open THAT particular can of whup-ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Whatever you have. Shoot the first one or two the rest will scatter like cockroaches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#13]
A Tommy gun with as many hundred round drums as I have room to carry.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#14]
XM1028 "Room Broom"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Picked pistol.  
Paritcularly a .45acp w/ Hi Cap mags and RBCD ammo.  You can fight w/ a handgun more effectively in immediate CQC than with a long gun.  No sense in having a long gun doing short work.  The RBCD rounds will provide plenty of visible catastrophic damage at 2000 fps (read: large gaping flesh wounds) and approaching rifle velocity. YMMV

those rounds are a horrible choice for stopping an attacker.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Ay Kay Fotey Seben when you absoultely positively have to kill every mother fucker in the room accept no substitutes

I agree with the kill a few while yelling who's next would work 90% of the time.  If you have a long gun they will not approach to begin with, so only real options should be some sort of weapon you have concealed.

If their armed and your surrounded or their zombies and don't care if you have a long gun deployed, then well anything so long as you can reload quick and have lots of ammo.  FA is always nice for dense targets, but once your mag is dry the rest will probably rush you.

If you can get them to work right, dual calico 9mm pistols with 100rd mags FA....the biggest capacity SMG type gun I know of that can be fired off hand.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#17]
You've got two options.

Volume of fire, Ruger 10/22 with 100 round drum mags. It doesn't matter what gun you have, if the mob is big enough, they're going to get you. You need to clear a path and make a break for it. Even the little .22 is going to hurt when you get hit by it, it should do at least enough damage to take a person out of the mob fight.

Shear destructive force, shotguns are nice, but you get a small amount of ammo with a long reload time, in a mob you've got no cover to reload behind. You need a big friggin battle rifle. An M1 Garand would be nice, big powerful cartridge, lots of noise. It ejects the used clip for you and you just have to slap a new one in and you're ready to go. 8 30-06 bullets, 8 center mass shots, 8 people down.

An AR would be a good compromise between my two schools of thought, decent amount of ammo per mag, and decent power.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Streetsweeper... but that may not be enough if they are really determined to do you harm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Streetsweeper... but that may not be enough if they are really determined to do you harm.

Streetsweeper only holds twelve rounds of ammo, and then you have to open the drum, dump out the empty shells, reload it, close the drum, wind the drum, and start shooting again. Somewhere in that process, you die. Horribly.

Like I said, USAS-12. 10-rnd stick magazines and 20-rnd drum magazines. Just let loose, then drop the mag and slap a new one in. Voila, higher ammo capacity, faster reload, and identical firepower.

Or maybe a Neostead pump-action shotgun. You can alternate between ammo magazines. One magazine can hold buckshot/slugs, the other can hold OC muzzleblast. Blow away individual attackers and incapacitate small groups of them in alternating gunshots.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stand on the accellerator and run them down.  You have a 4000 lb weapon at your disposal.  

It depends on the vehicle. You would need something that has some good ground clearance or you might get high centered on all the bodies.

True.  I drive an F-150.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Two words Hand Grenade pull the pin and start shouting to allah.

2nd choice would be an mp5.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm no expert ninja...but let's keep in mind the scenario that befell Shughart and Gordon in Mogadishu.

We're talking Delta operators...they killed a bunch, to be sure, but they were eventually overrun.

Admittedly, folks in a US city may not react the same as folks in Mog...but IMHO, if you're talking worst-case mob scenario, that would be it.

Your best bet is to beat feet BEFORE you get surrounded.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
world.guns.ru/machine/predator_minigun.jpg

That would be my pick too
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
an mp5k pdw with a beta c mag full of hydra shocks

does beta even make a c-mag for the mp5?

I'm happy to report YES they do!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#25]
ill take a rpg.. those mf's will be beating feet after a few shells light them up
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm no expert ninja...but let's keep in mind the scenario that befell Shughart and Gordon in Mogadishu.

We're talking Delta operators...they killed a bunch, to be sure, but they were eventually overrun.

Admittedly, folks in a US city may not react the same as folks in Mog...but IMHO, if you're talking worst-case mob scenario, that would be it.

Your best bet is to beat feet BEFORE you get surrounded.

Yeah but that took the better part of half an hour, a hundred or so of the bad guys died, and the bad guys had guns and a mob probably wont,

Back them off with gunfire so you can move your car, then drive through them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#27]
PPSH41...

nice big drum, shoots fast and is easy to handle, but more to the point, it shoots a hig velocity steel core round, so it will go through the first bank of people, and take out several banks of them behind...........
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
A tiger
Battle elephant.

+1

and some bees.  Lots and lots of bees.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I selected  a shotgun. You are going to eat it anyway, might as well be sure 5-10 of them do too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#30]

HE and Willie Pete.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
AR-pistol

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/Images/az-C15P97S.jpg

One round out of that thing and everybody will be deaf. It just might do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Prompted by the recent threads with the videos of that women being pulled out of her car and beaten to a bloody pulp. ... You get one gun that can be stored in the back seat with only one extra mag worth of ammo. You have enough time to grab it, load it, and then get to high ground on top of your own car to start defending your life.

It doesn't matter what you choose - in that situation you are a dead man.  You can't cover 360 degrees by yourself and you only have what 60 rounds tops (2x30rnd mags)?

You're screwed.

Stuck in the middle of a crowd the only things that might get you are are belt fed (preferably battery powrered in the .50cal to 20mm range), or a good old fashion flame thrower.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
XM1028 "Room Broom"

I didn't know what that was, so I Google'd:

www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_120mm,,00.html

XM1028: The "Room Broom"

The canister of the XM1028.

The genesis of the XM1028 120mm Canister Tank Cartridge also comes from recent developments in Korea -- - with the removal of 105mm equipped M-60 and M-1 tanks, USFK has an urgent need to field a 120mm-based antipersonnel projectile to replace the 105mm M494E3 APERS round these tanks fired. In 1999, ARDEC responded with the introduction and testing of the 120mm XM1028 canister round, which fulfills the requirement for a dedicated antipersonnel round used against close-in (up to 500 meters) massed infantry armed with automatic weapons and hand-held anti tank munitions or devices.

Lacking an explosive component, the XM1028 is, in effect, a 120mm shotgun shell. But it's no ordinary shotgun shell, for sure: a typical OO buckshot round 2 ¾" long contains 9 pellets. But the XM1028 cartridge contains 1,100 tungsten steel balls that are expelled and immediately begin dispersing once they exit the cannon muzzle. Since the balls lack guidance, the pattern of dispersion increases with range, but the dense tungsten helps maintain kinetic energy.

Cross-sectional view of the XM1028, with its tungsten ball payload (over 1000 of them).

This XM1028 cartridge is thus a milestone: as the Army's first antipersonnel projectile for the Abrams tank, it can be used in lethal and non-lethal situations, allows Abrams tanks to survive rocket-powered grenade (RPG) ambushes, and enables them to support friendly infantry assaults.

Given this lethality (against infantry and other non-armored and soft targets), the XM1028 is an excellent round for use in Low Intensity Conflicts (where the threat of enemy armored forces such as tanks is slight) and in urban or built-up areas, (where ranges are typically less than 200 meters). In these conditions, the XM1028 can be used against anti-armor ambushes (RPG teams) where immediate return fire is critical or in situations where a conventional breaching round, such as the M908 or the M830A1, would result in over-penetration, or unacceptable levels of collateral damage. In addition, since the XM1028 is not designed for use against heavily armored targets, it makes it the ideal round for clearing friendly vehicles overrun by enemy infantry (provided the crew of the overrun vehicle has "buttoned up").
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
PPSH41...

nice big drum, shoots fast and is easy to handle, but more to the point, it shoots a hig velocity steel core round, so it will go through the first bank of people, and take out several banks of them behind...........

Interesting choice.  A PPSh41 & two 71rnd drum mags should give you some breathing room.  7.62x25 FMJ penetrates something like 60" ++ of soft tissue so the 2nd & 3rd row gets some .30 cal love also.

A 7.62x39 short AK (AMD-65 or underfolder) with a couple of 75rnd RPK drums (or 100rnd ChiCom drums) would be better though.  Much louder for intimidation & the profile of the AK is well known ("Oh shizzzat, YO!  Dey gots a AK...lezz get do fook outa here!").  And if it had a bayonet it'd be even better.
Shoot a few & they should scatter like the cockroaches they are.  A mob of US ghetto rats isn't quite the same as a whole city full of well armed Somalians.
If the crowd is determined you're fuxxored.  At least go down swinging, taking as many of the MFkers with you as possible.  Enjoy your beer in Valhalla, you've earned it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Command detonated claymore mines
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I said plasma rifle, but until those are available I'd take an AR15 and a Beta C-Mag (I know there have been problems, but I'd take my chances )

Then again, that portable minigun from Predator might be nice.  Heavy though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#39]

I would honestly prefer a good katana to a handgun or shotgun in the given situation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#40]
12 guage with either flechettes or Cable and ball.

Shock factor:

Watch your buddies get cut in half or pretty much watch them go all misty and shit.

And on the bonus side, can take out 2-3 per shot

Granted, the coroner and Crime Scene people will hate you for the mess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/m249-ed.jpg

I would honestly prefer a good katana to a handgun or shotgun in the given situation.

A katana. Which is far less intimidating than ranged death from a gun. And needs room to swing it. As well as skill to do anything more than swing it around like a frightened spaz.

But I hear you CAN use a katana to hunt a bear!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd go for the gun AL Pacino used in heat. Or the G36: Weapon of choice for space shuttle door gunners everywhere!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A katana. Which is far less intimidating than ranged death from a gun. And needs room to swing it. As well as skill to do anything more than swing it around like a frightened spaz.

You underestimate the sword. With a pistol or shotgun, you would quickly run out of ammo and be overun while attempting to reload. A katana cuts a wide arc and is lightning fast. There is no sight alignment, trigger pull, or motor skills to worry about. All you have to do is touch an adversary with the blade. It would be physically difficult an psychologically intimidating in the extreme for a unarmed person or persons to advance within arms reach of someone skilled who is skilled with a katana.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#44]
SB Shotty 12g.  Should get the job done.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You underestimate the sword. With a pistol or shotgun, you would quickly run out of ammo and be overun while attempting to reload. A katana cuts a wide arc and is lightning fast. There is no sight alignment, trigger pull, or motor skills to worry about. All you have to do is touch an adversary with the blade. It would be physically difficult an psychologically intimidating in the extreme for a unarmed person or persons to advance within arms reach of someone skilled who is skilled with a katana.

What happens when one of them pulls out their Glock Fo-tey.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happens when one of them pulls out their Glock Fo-tey.

I've still got the M249, remember?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A katana will stop an angry mob no better then a gun. Either way your going to get mobbed, taken down and beaten if not outright killed.
The key difference is a firearm allows you to attack from a distance, and buy time by allowing you a controlled retreat. With a sword, you cant engage until your in the Red Zone, and once there there isnt any backing back out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Now on to the next statement(s):

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whatever has the most penetration with the least wounding. I want each bullet to pass through 2 or 3 bodies.
So, I'd say either the AR or AK with FMJ loads.

I have a good feeling most of those guys would hit the dirt once they had a hole in them, regardless of the actual severity of the hole.

+1. over penetration is a desireable trait in that sit.

Read the Ammo Oracle or THIS.  Look for words like FRAGMENTATION (Re: AR FMJ loads)

I'm failing to see the point.......
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#49]
tag.

I'm thinking personal explosives.  Frags scare everyone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Street-Sweeper

images.gunsamerica.com/upload/976556233-1.jpg

BUT..BUT.. What about the children?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top