Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:37:28 AM EDT
Since the old thread is reaching the mythical 40 page mark.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=298560&page=1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I'll say it again - the Cyclons have a Plan.  They have a reason to allow the "Fleet" and Galactica to survive.

It's amazing that nobody realizes that (on Galactica).   Do they think they are that good, or that lucky?

They started out with obsolete equipment, and now they have almost nothing left, almost no pilots, no marines, no ammo....... you name it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
One wierd question I have is where is Tye geting is hootch?
Also on the last show, did you catch the street sweepers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
OH MAN.......... I cant wait til something really good happens! I love this show because it keeps you guessing and it is not crappy like "OVER THERE". This is serious entertainment to the fullest.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't want to leaf throught the 39 page BSG thread (and did not want spoilers) so I'll ask it here: I was just looking at a sci-fi mag that had an interview with Katee Sackhoff; she mentions her nervousness on doing her first nude scene on this show...

Is this true? How "nude" was it? (I don't have cable, and am waiting to see the first season when it comes out on DVD).
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

On a ship (and fleet) that side, I imagine someone set up a still (or whatever they use) to make it pretty damn quickly.  There's bound to be a black market for that kind of stuff

Plus, on a "flagship" like the battlestar, I bet the kitchen would have some (for the captain's table, important guests, etc) - so as the XO he can probably appropriate some of that pretty easily.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

he probably had a stash in his quarters before the war
plus a few of the ships in the fleet were cruise/party ships. probably bought or confiscated some from there
or he has a still
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where are they getting all the tobacco?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They are apparently some sort of grenade launcher, not a shotgun.  But street sweepers none the less.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#10]
As for the hootch,  someone had set up a still.  

I'm just curious as hell what is up with Starbuck, she is really acting strange.   And I think the viper pilots are ok, but damn, the Colonial Marines are way cooler.  

Then again, kind of biased towards the USMC.  

Hell, when I was just a little kid I thought a Marine Biologist was just a biologist who served in the USMC .
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I didn't want to leaf throught the 39 page BSG thread (and did not want spoilers) so I'll ask it here: I was just looking at a sci-fi mag that had an interview with Katee Sackhoff; she mentions her nervousness on doing her first nude scene on this show...

Is this true? How "nude" was it? (I don't have cable, and am waiting to see the first season when it comes out on DVD).

First season, she and Lee Adama's brother were getting it on. She was nekkid, but the camera didn't show anything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hell, when I was just a little kid I thought a Marine Biologist was just a biologist who served in the USMC .

lol. good one.

I want to see more of the Marine boarding parties, too. Maybe we'll see a competent assault on cylon centurions instead of a bunch of athletes and pilots trying to put up a fight.

And what's with the two Marines getting whacked by the Cylon boarders while the two pilots and the maintenance guy live? Something's amiss here.

As for Starbuck, you try acting normal after getting your reproductive organs harvested.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

As for Starbuck, you try acting normal after getting your reproductive organs harvested.

Whaaaa....?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Where might one find these Battlestar Galactica shows on TV?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Friday night on the sci-fi channel at 10 pm eastern
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I say they encounter a worm hole and lose half the fleet due to structural failure.
They run into the Ewoks on the moon of Endor and turn them into slaves or pets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

SciFi Channel, Direct TV CH. 244......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol. good one.

I want to see more of the Marine boarding parties, too. Maybe we'll see a competent assault on cylon centurions instead of a bunch of athletes and pilots trying to put up a fight.

And what's with the two Marines getting whacked by the Cylon boarders while the two pilots and the maintenance guy live? Something's amiss here.

The cylons were targeting the two humans that were the greatest threat-the two marines.

I to want to see more of the Marines.

The Cylons are driving the humans towards an end.  Notice how the Cylon boarders were impossible to kill with small arms, but on Kobol they went down with a few shots?  Like I said in the last thread its the matrix theme.  Its all happened before and is happening again.  The flight from kobol last time round was because of a Cylon like war.  I mean how can they not have accurate records from leaving Kobol when their technology had space flight?  Cylons are programed to weed out the weak humans every few thousand years.

The toasters have a darwin program!  It just seemsthis time around they are trying for a Cylon/Human hybrid instead of weeding out bad humans.  Maybe after all these years of weeding out humans they have come to the conclusion that humans can't evolve to a point that meets the cylons (god's) goals for them.  So they are introducing genetically (and or mechanically) superior humans.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SciFi Channel, Direct TV CH. 244......

Thanx, next showing is 11pm Monday.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well I'll say it again - the Cyclons have a Plan.  They have a reason to allow the "Fleet" and Galactica to survive.

It's amazing that nobody realizes that (on Galactica).   Do they think they are that good, or that lucky?

They started out with obsolete equipment, and now they have almost nothing left, almost no pilots, no marines, no ammo....... you name it.

The Cylons want Earth as much as the Humans. Thats why they are letting them slip by. The Cylons could have finished them off if they wanted to.

ETA for all you BSG purists.  I tried to hate this show, I really did. I must confess its simply incredible, on of he best TV shows EVER. IMHO of course.

I dont watch TV except for this show and sometimes Futurama or FAmily Guy but since all those are repeats, I find myself tuning out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First season, she and Lee Adama's brother were getting it on. She was nekkid, but the camera didn't show anything.

She was also in bed with the Vice President.  Baltar.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#22]
So how long until the leader of the cylons is revealed?  Will the leader be a human?  

G
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Still think it's kind of silly. Can't tell a Cylon from a human-ridiculous. Cylons getting pregnant-a real stretch of the imagination. The president is an idiot.  The good doctor is a homo.

And really, do you think an advanced civilization with intergalatic space flight would still be wearing suits, ties, heels, smoking, use regular pistols, and not have a cure for cancer?

Also, how can they be hiding from the Cylons when the blonde one knows where the fleet is at all times? How can the blonde only be seen by the doctor except when she wants Adama to see her in an earlier episode and then disappears again?

Need better writing and imagination.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Cylons getting pregnant-a real stretch of the imagination.

So is faster than light travel, jumping back and forth to different places with no time dialation etc

And really, do you think an advanced civilization with intergalatic space flight would still be wearing suits, ties, heels, smoking, use regular pistols, and not have a cure for cancer?

Sure is much better than flashy tinfoil suits and blinking pointless lights like in the 60's shows.

Its science FICTION.

Sorry to to that  but you were ruining the magic of entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#26]

How can the blonde only be seen by the doctor except when she wants Adama to see her in an earlier episode and then disappears again?

I believe Gaius is a cylon and does not know he is.

G
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

How can the blonde only be seen by the doctor except when she wants Adama to see her in an earlier episode and then disappears again?

I believe Gaius is a cylon and does not know he is.

G

Maybe thats why he got it on with Starbuck. They took the unborn child from her when on Caprica? Posibility.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Damn has someone not been paying attention.

I absolutely hate television, mainly due to the idiotic shows that are always shown. Since the x-files was cancelled this is the only show I've gotten interested in.

The pilot was excellent and with bittorrent it was awesome watching the whole first season back-to-back with no commercials.  

IMO this is one of the best written and acted scifi television OR movies (can someone say StarWars ) in recent memory. Yeah there are a lot of things that don't make much sense or are outright absurd but it's head and shoulders above anything else out there.

For examply, junk like Farscape was popular with the geek set and it was almost unwatchable for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Somethign that has bothered me about BSG. A civilization that seperated from earth 1000's of years ago, manages to have the exact same language as us, except the word frac. The have the exact same weapons as us. Street sweepers, Barreta's, fn 5.7, etc. These caprecians probably didnt even pay earth for their copyright infringment. Oh yeah, and they managed to copy a hummer exactly. Incase you couldnt tell, this was sarcasm. Its a sci-fi show. enjoy it.  It doesnt have to make sense. If Star Trek can have a heisenburg conpensator, BSG can make stuff up to. Why is it tech nerds think that these shows have to have technology that actually works and exsits.

Have their been any speculations as to who the other cylons in the fleet are? I think that the white guy, the presidents aid, the one that likes the black girl, is a cylon. I also think that mabye the XO's wife is one, but im not to convinced of it yet. I also beive Gius is a cyclon, thats how the blonde hottie can get into his mind.

Anohter posted brought up starbuck being pregnant. Very intersting and I havnt thought of that yet....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

For examply, junk like Farscape was popular with the geek set and it was almost unwatchable for me.

Them's fightin' words!!  

I think Battlestar Galactica IS the best show on TV in a long time (incredibly well written!), but I also really, really liked Farscape (for completely different reasons).  I think it was one of the most entertaining things on TV when it was on the air.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Since the old thread is reaching the mythical 40 page mark...

What's so special about 40?
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
[What's so special about 40?
~Dg84

You've been here since 2001 and you don't know that around 40 to 42 pages the thread locks to keep from becoming too large?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Them's fightin' words!!  

Sikozu was reason enough:

G
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So how long until the leader of the cylons is revealed?  Will the leader be a human?  

G

although technically there was an unseen (or if he was seen it was only once or twice) imperious leader above baltar

edit: found the toy
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]
TAG for BSG 2nd thread!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaaa....?

The going speculation is that they took her ovaries. In any case the cylon was being real creepy about how "special" she was because she could bear children, and the next day she has a mysterious incision in her abdomen. I'm suprised she hasn't gotten it checked out, though.

As for the suits, suits look good. We wore them 200 years ago and will likely wear them for another 200.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Them's fightin' words!!  

I think Battlestar Galactica IS the best show on TV in a long time (incredibly well written!), but I also really, really liked Farscape (for completely different reasons).  I think it was one of the most entertaining things on TV when it was on the air.

DK, I had so much respect for you before you had to go and say that!

hehe, yeah I knew it would get a rise out of people but damn it I just couldn't get into that show.

I mean between the goofy sentient ship thing and the pilot, the little mustachioed aristocrat dude always causing trouble, the wolf/ape/klingon/wookie fighter thing....bleh, bleh bleh all the generic scifi clones rolled up into one show.
My God man the archenemy was named "Scorpius" fer cryin' out loud. SCORPIUS!?!?!   WTF?!?

Jiminy Christmas people!!!

But 'yeah' they had some decent hot chicks on there, so it wasn't all sucktitude.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn has someone not been paying attention.

I absolutely hate television, mainly due to the idiotic shows that are always shown. Since the x-files was cancelled this is the only show I've gotten interested in.

The pilot was excellent and with bittorrent it was awesome watching the whole first season back-to-back with no commercials.  

IMO this is one of the best written and acted scifi television OR movies (can someone say StarWars ) in recent memory. Yeah there are a lot of things that don't make much sense or are outright absurd but it's head and shoulders above anything else out there.

Bittorrent ROCKS!!! I just finished watching the first season and everything up to fridays episode all last week and this weekend and i think it's the best way to watch em'. 4-5 episdodes a night was starting to get taxing though.I would have hated to watch last seasons last episode and have to wait 6 months to see what happened to the old man. This is by far the best tv series in a while. The president is a cunt .I don't think Gaius is a clone, he just crazy.Tighs wife is a clone. I think Starbuck is too,an early one, maybe model #2 or #3 .Maybe she didn't have an ovary removed, she had one implanted from one of the other baby farm chicks.She was planted to get close to Zack (Lee's brother)but he died. She fucks everyone but doesn't get pregnant. Just a theory.

GlenR
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#39]
whats with the corners on the paper documents?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

That's a holdover from the original BSG series. All of the corners were clipped like that. Good eyes, there.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a holdover from the original BSG series. All of the corners were clipped like that. Good eyes, there.

-Hobbit

I didnt remember it from the first series *runs back to his old VHS copies*

I miss veldercarb   IE Bullshit
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I wonder if the Pegasus or some other battlestar is going to pop up in the new series? In the original, they got a complement of pilots/Vipers that way when Kane took on those two base stars.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Yah, the clipped paper edges are a homage to the old show, along with the TOS Shuttle that Roslin, Boomer-C, Lee et al landed on Kobol.

To answer some questions:

Language - You have ANY idea how hard it is to properly make a new language?  I had to take a BASIC course in linguistics and its not THAT easy.  Remember, every language has their own rules etc so its much more than just changing words about.  Also, who says they aren't speaking some foreign language?    I mean, if they had subtitles for it people would bitch about the subtitles.

BSG is supposed to be what the original failed to be, a space opera.  Not in terms of singing but plot etc.  And frankly it does its job in spades.  They are doing the job so damn good NBC is looking to pick it up and air it on NORMAL television.   When was the last time that a show that was produced on a cable network be picked up to be shown on standard TV that wasn't old syndicated episodes?

As far as weapons and FTL travel.   Lasers are not practical in the sense to have a laser one must have a plethora of energy to be used.   Bang for the buck, good old fashioned powder type weapons will always have a place.  

Cancer - Cancer is unique in that NO ONE knows what truly causes it.  It is abnormal growth.  Find a cure as in terms of vaccine, don't think will EVER happen, but cure as in treatment I beleive so.  Also to note, Dr. Cottle pointed out that if the Presiden got it checked out earlier she would have been fine, but since she kept pushing it off and off and off, it just spread to the point its non-treatable.

Ellen  Tigh is not a Cylon, she is just an opportunistic bitch who is using her husband to get into Zarack's (sp) graces, See Colonial Day for that arc.

As far as Cylons not having the ability to have kids, who knows.  Look at the things we are doing with cloning at the moment and then go from there.   Also if you truly follow the show, you would know that the cylons are trying hard as hell to produce but are failing miserably.

We as a people place to much stock in we are more than what we are in terms of our makeup.   We are not made up of special compounds that only exist in us.  We are, just at the core, a group of chemicals  arranged to be a complex organism.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Also, side note.

For those who are fans, they got some nice video blogs for cool behind the scene's stuff.

Behind the Scenes Vido Blogs
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

BSG is supposed to be what the original failed to be, a space opera.  Not in terms of singing but plot etc.  And frankly it does its job in spades.  They are doing the job so damn good NBC is looking to pick it up and air it on NORMAL television.   When was the last time that a show that was produced on a cable network be picked up to be shown on standard TV that wasn't old syndicated episodes?

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me you're lying about NBC picking it up. Please say that's not true.

Talk about throwing it right down the friggin' crapper.  

Isn't this the network that thought it would be a good idea to rework 'The Office' instead of just broadcasting the already excellent original?

Anything that goes on 'big 3' network television is guaranteed to get fucked up to the point of unrecognizability.

Damn I'm pissed off just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me you're lying about NBC picking it up. Please say that's not true.

Talk about throwing it right down the friggin' crapper.  

Isn't this the network that thought it would be a good idea to rework 'The Office' instead of just broadcasting the already excellent original?

Anything that goes on 'big 3' network television is guaranteed to get fucked up to the point of unrecognizability.

Damn I'm pissed off just thinking about it.

+ a fraken million

NBC will fuck up this show if this is true.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I wonder if the Pegasus or some other battlestar is going to pop up in the new series? In the original, they got a complement of pilots/Vipers that way when Kane took on those two base stars.

Pegasus arrives in episode 9 or 10 of this season. Piloted by Ensign Ro from Star Trek TNG. and no I'm not kidding
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Fixed it for you.

Quoted:
And really, do you think an advanced civilization with space flight would still be wearing suits, ties, heels, smoking, use regular pistols, and not have a cure for cancer?

As was posted before, you need to PAY ATTENTION to the show.

My opinion has you watching TV Network Battle of the Stars, it's more your speed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Lot's of chickas screw like bunny_rabbits and they don't get pregnant.
It's called BIRTH CONTROL.  

Quoted:
Starbuck is too,an early one, maybe model #2 or #3 .Maybe she didn't have an ovary removed, she had one implanted from one of the other baby farm chicks.She was planted to get close to Zack (Lee's brother)but he died. She fucks everyone but doesn't get pregnant. Just a theory.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#50]
NBC owns the SciFi channel, so there is no "picking it up", more like moving it to the "flagship" station AFTER it has been reworked and retooled (meaning less guns and more TV sex).

Quoted:BSG is supposed to be what the original failed to be, a space opera.  Not in terms of singing but plot etc.  And frankly it does its job in spades.  They are doing the job so damn good NBC is looking to pick it up and air it on NORMAL television.   When was the last time that a show that was produced on a cable network be picked up to be shown on standard TV that wasn't old syndicated episodes?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top