Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted: Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for photos with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.
A 7-old-tiger weighs a few hundred pounds. The staff were morons for not caging it and the parents were even bigger morons for letting their snack-sized daughter to hold still next to it! Betcha this was some sort of PR stundt gone horribly bad to get sympathy donations for "wild beasts".
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
just my luck...all this happens right befor my 3 year olds petting-the-crocodile- photo shoot
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't disagree with you.  I wouldn't put my kids (assuming I had them) in the situation.  But, you'd be surprised how convincing these experts are.  Just watch Dave Letterman when he has the animal guy on sometime.  Everybody is quick to call the parents stupid, but you nver really know what else is going on and what the orginal situation was before someone had a bright idea.

That's because people let their desire not to get argumentative override what the common sense module in their brain is trying to tell them.  I'm quick to call them stupid because they are, and a little girl payed the price for it.  You have to be pretty dim to let anyone talk you into posing your kid near the one of the largest predatory cats on earth.  If I were in those peoples family I'd want to beat them senseless for setting that little girl up to die..
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
From "Badlees - fear of falling"

"You just can't take a lion
and throw him in a cage
and expect him to be thankful for the shelter that you gave"

+1 on the DARWIN Awawd nomination.  The parents, handler or whoever had the bright idea to dangle fresh 17 year old MEAT in front of a tiger are the idiots here.  I feel sorry for the girl because she was dumb enough to go along with the idea...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
It's sad that a child lost her life but, my God, a titmouses parents wouldn't let a baby titmouse pose next to a bobcat would they?  And a handler is "real" protection against a 600lb. killing machine.  Hell, he's just another snack!  Idiots!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There probably ARE some photographs. I hope never to see them.

They'll be on Ogrish within a week.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler

This must be some strange usage of the word "restrained" that I was not previously aware of.

+1

You don't restrain a Siberian tiger.

[yakov] In Soviet Russia Kansas, Siberian tiger restrain you! [/yakov]

What's the best pistol round for fending of Siberian tiger attacks? 10mm? Do they make handguns in .416 Rigby?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Stupid hurts.

Plan accordingly.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
family-run animal sanctuary -> Should let all wild animals go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#12]
3 pages and no one asks...
Was she hot?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#13]
People need to wake the fuck up that large preditory cats are not pets and cannot be tamed.  They eat meat for a living.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
3 pages and no one asks...

Was she hot?

No, the Tiger didn't cook her first.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
The news is saying while taking the pictures the tiger looked back at the girl in a non-threatening way, the girl screamed, tiger got spooked and attacked.

Note to self: don't scream like a girl when your straddling a tiger and it looks back at you. duh?

She wasn't by/near/next-to it. She was STRATTLING it!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Another sports hero gone bad.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What dumbass puts their kid in with a TIGER to have their picture taken?

Sorry the child was killed, but that is the height of stupidity.

+1
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Reminds me of the bear lover who got munched by his "friends".  

The parents need to be in jail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very sad,

And I do not think humor needs to be in this thread. A child lost her life.

Damn I'm screwed , I agree with Oly

Many do, just few will admit it, I get IM's often.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Along those lines:

www.startribune.com/stories/468/5567044.html

Last update: August 18, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Woman dies after being attacked by a buffalo
The Associated Press
August 19, 2005 MNBuffaloAttack
BOVEY, Minn. - A 41-year-old Minnesota woman is dead after being attacked by a buffalo.

Itasca (eye-TAS'-kuh) County Sheriff Pat Medure (meh-DUHR'-ee) says Debra Elaine Lentz of rural Bovey (BOH'-vee) died after the buffalo attacked her at an animal farm.

Sheriff's deputies had to shoot the buffalo to get to Lentz, but she died after being taken to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids.

Deputies responded to a 9-1-1 call around 5:45 yesterday afternoon.

Information from: Dave Walter, KDAL-AM Duluth, http://www.kdal.am
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Its a WILD animal out of its normal habitat.  Im not surprised that she got killed, im just surprised they killed the Tiger.  Fvckin Tards.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Its a WILD animal out of its normal habitat.  Im not surprised that she got killed, im just surprised they killed the Tiger.  Fvckin Tards.

Yep.  Just being a tiger.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry folks, but someone had to post it.....

homepage.ntlworld.com/julie.trigg1/cj_27226.gif

One guess who I was for Halloween that year

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/tiger422x317.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/tiger3317x422.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/tiger2317x422.jpg

EPOCH

not to hijack this thread but dayum!  that nurse has some legs!  beautiful long legs! Paging Ilikelegs!  I found your new avatar!

You sure this is a girl

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Along those lines:

www.startribune.com/stories/468/5567044.html

Last update: August 18, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Woman dies after being attacked by a buffalo
The Associated Press
August 19, 2005 MNBuffaloAttack
BOVEY, Minn. - A 41-year-old Minnesota woman is dead after being attacked by a buffalo.

Itasca (eye-TAS'-kuh) County Sheriff Pat Medure (meh-DUHR'-ee) says Debra Elaine Lentz of rural Bovey (BOH'-vee) died after the buffalo attacked her at an animal farm.

Sheriff's deputies had to shoot the buffalo to get to Lentz, but she died after being taken to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids.

Deputies responded to a 9-1-1 call around 5:45 yesterday afternoon.

Information from: Dave Walter, KDAL-AM Duluth, http://www.kdal.am

Interesting. My wife grew up in that area have to see what her relatives have heard about this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those pictures where taken after that bear had eaten a hiker. It was a depredation hunt to rid the area of a man eating bear!

And it is sad that a young child lost her life.

That bear wasn't shot after it ate a hiker.  They weren't trying to rid the area of a "man eating bear."  That's just a stupid email rumor that is going aroud.

What ever, I didn't get that information from an email. Got it from a guide from Canada.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top