Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
but it looks like that time is pretty much over.  Back to GD Bible Study.

You signed up only 1 month ago, aren't a team member, and you are bitching about what is discussed in the General Discussion?

STFU!

I'm going to have to go with SWIRE on this one.

+1

SWIRE and sgtar15 have it right.

plus another one, how would you know?  ARFCOM lesson number two... if you don't like the topic don't click it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Religion forum doesn't give him a big enough audience.

+1 I noticed they are all bitching over there about this very fact.

They can't get the word out to others to convert them. God's soilders. Pfffffffff..........

Tools.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't get the word out to others to convert them. God's soilders. Pfffffffff..........

Tools.

I don't know where you guys get the idea that we're constantly trying to convert people...

Unless your definition of Proselytizing is "logically defending your religion and yourself against the barbs, insults and blasphemy of unbelievers", I just don't see it.

Maybe you need to understand the definition of Proselytizing.

Tools.

Nice.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tools.

I guess calling Christians "tools" doesn't violate this COC Rule:

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tools.

I don't know where you guys get the idea that we're constantly trying to convert people...

Unless your definition of Proselytizing is "logically defending your religion and yourself against the barbs, insults and blasphemy of unbelievers", I just don't see it.

Maybe you need to understand the definition of Proselytizing.

Tools.

Nice.  

Yeah maybe for the 2% of you that don't try and "get the word out" or "sell" to people that your religion is right and all the others wrong.

If that is not you then don't worry. Just like I don't have to click on a given thread in GD, YOU don't have to get pissed at what I say. After all you can just scan over it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tools.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tools.

Do you see the word "Christians" in my post? I sure as hell don't.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I see "God's Soldiers" so the inferrence is there
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see "God's Soldiers" so the inferrence is there

I think you are reading into it too far.

Like I said, if you don't like what I have to say then scan over it. I know it's out there and it might be offensive to you but hey, no one is making you read it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
At 21800+ posts that makes me the smartest man in the room.......

there's something i don't hear to often

Only marginally smarter than my 21,700+

However, it can be clearly seen I am smarter than you as my 21,700 were of FAR greater quality and content than yours.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You can call him anything but the "C" word it appears.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]
And yet another thread circles the bowl.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, if you don't like what I have to say then scan over it. I know it's out there and it might be offensive to you but hey, no one is making you read it.

I think not.

The phrase God's Soldiers would mean "those who fight for God." In other words, Christians.
Would America's Soldiers not mean "those who fight for America."

I'm not offended by your inferrence in the least, I am offended that you don't see the parallels.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You can always avoid clicking on the topic.

Some of these asshats cannot post about anything without including their religious beliefs.
I feel sorry for 'em. Notice that alot of the time it's  the ones with the unbelievable post counts.
I believe they really need to fill theie life with something, unfortunately they are filling the void by combining the internet (that is pathetic) and religion (which isn't quite so bad).
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can always avoid clicking on the topic.

Some of these asshats cannot post about anything without including their religious beliefs.
I feel sorry for 'em. Notice that alot of the time it's  the ones with the unbelievable post counts.
I believe they really need to fill theie life with something, unfortunately they are filling the void by combining the internet (that is pathetic) and religion (which isn't quite so bad).

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You have been here a month.

STFU.  

Sgatr15

This coming from the biggest bible thumping, holier than thou poster on this board!
Although you (Sgatr15) have some interesting views or information at times you are a gigantic post whore who seems to have little else to do than preach and post.
Maybe you need to STFU and step away from the keyboard every once in a while.
Have you ever went 24 hours without a post since you came here?
Guys like you could drive every new poster away given enough time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I pretty much agree with the don't like it don't click it crowd. If you aren't interested don't read it. It does occasionally irk me when religion pops up in what I would consider to be a thread completely unrelated to religion, but even then it isn't that hard to just scan past the replies with content you don't care about or as I very rarely do, jump into the melee. All in all, not much bigger a deal than any other topic posted here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
GD is the only board on the internet that I check every day (unless I'm outside). I hang out here because of the wealth of knowledge, links to news that I might miss otherwise, occasional funny stuff and occasional controversy (like the "I shot a cat" threads).

Religious threads are of entirely no interest to me. I see them on the list and it's just one more thing taking up space on page 1 (I only go to page 2 if I've been away for several days, and never past page 3).

Taking all of the above into account, I'd just as soon see religious threads stay in their own forum but I wouldn't get wound up enough about it to start a thread about it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think not.

The phrase God's Soldiers would mean "those who fight for God." In other words, Christians.
Would America's Soldiers not mean "those who fight for America."

I'm not offended by your inference in the least, I am offended that you don't see the parallels.

So basically you are saying that only Christians are "gods soldiers"? Jews, Catholics, pagans, etc.... can not be a soldier?

America's soldiers are those who fight for America. However you have Jews, Christians, catholics, white, black, puerto rican, male, female........ Yet they are all soldiers in a broader sense.

So you as a christian think you are the only religion that has soldiers?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
GD is the only board on the internet that I check every day (unless I'm outside). I hang out here because of the wealth of knowledge, links to news that I might miss otherwise, occasional funny stuff and occasional controversy (like the "I shot a cat" threads).

Religious threads are of entirely no interest to me. I see them on the list and it's just one more thing taking up space on page 1 (I only go to page 2 if I've been away for several days, and never past page 3).

Taking all of the above into account, I'd just as soon see religious threads stay in their own forum but I wouldn't get wound up enough about it to start a thread about it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I pretty much agree with the don't like it don't click it crowd. If you aren't interested don't read it. It does occasionally irk me when religion pops up in what I would consider to be a thread completely unrelated to religion, but even then it isn't that hard to just scan past the replies with content you don't care about or as I very rarely do, jump into the melee. All in all, not much bigger a deal than any other topic posted here.

EXACTLY
Notice they don't see that, the posters  so far have pretty much stuck to commenting on thread titles that are obviously religious in nature.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I am constantly amazed that the "non-believers" can be so offended by someone who quotes scripture or uses his/her faith to back-up their position, but they see absolutely nothing offensive in calling Christians "tools or asshats".  

I am somewhat surprised that it took until page 3 of this thread for someone, who doesn't know the least bit about me,  to call me insulting names though.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So basically you are saying that only Christians are "gods soldiers"? Jews, Catholics, pagans, etc.... can not be a soldier?

America's soldiers are those who fight for America. However you have Jews, Christians, catholics, white, black, puerto rican, male, female........ Yet they are all soldiers in a broader sense.

So you as a christian think you are the only religion that has soldiers?

No, I'm not, I'm merely working within context
You're quote was

God's soilders. Pfffffffff..........

Tools.

A clear reference, in this instance, to Christians

And if you'd read the entire thread, you would have seen my quote

I'm not religious

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey ZW, for future reference, Catholics are included in the "tools".
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am constantly amazed that the "non-believers" can be so offended by someone who quotes scripture or uses his/her faith to back-up their position, but they see absolutely nothing offensive in calling Christians "tools or asshats".  

I am somewhat surprised that it took until page 3 of this thread for someone, who doesn't know the least bit about me,  to call me insulting names though.

That, unfortunately, is the norm - I should know, I get it everday on here.

As for the religious forum, I agree - I'd rather those threads stay there as its hard to filter through what is and what is not, etc.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey ZW, for future reference, Catholics are included in the "tools".

Lol. I have noticed that you folks seem to be the best. You stick to your religion and don't feel the need to always spout of about god this and god in your life that......

I have no beef with the Catholics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have no beef with the Catholics.

I do, their pope was a Nazi

KIDDING, I'M KIDDING! See, a smiley face

No IM's are necessary.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I could have sworn that the mods said that the mere mention of God or hint of religion was going to move the thread to the religion forum.

What happened?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I could have sworn that the mods said that the mere mention of God or hint of religion was going to move the thread to the religion forum.

What happened?

And would the swearing be on a Bible, or in God's name???  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
If you don't like reading threads about the religion forum in the GD - try not to click on them!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#32]
If you want to post religious topics, post 'em in the religion forum.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened?

And would the swearing be on a Bible, or in God's name???  

LOL

Very funny.

But it was a serious question. What happened?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What happened?

Would your "subtitle" qualify? (reference to Jeebus)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#35]
trolling/religion bashing/personal attacks/acting like asshats in general
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top