Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Damn lion wouldn't last a day in chicago.  It would be taxed to death and lied to by corrupt politicians.  Beaten, robbed and raped in the hood.  Then, end up at the local rib shack with some guy telling you that they are pork ribs.  

Guaranteed that mofo would be on the first train back to the safari tellin' his other lion buddies how he got his ass ripped open in the city.

Based upon all the screaming and running away that I witnessed when my buddies turned a German Shepard loose in the hallway of a Chicago public high school, I beg too differ. A couple ballers actually hid in their lockers.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Same as the assholes protecting dangerous and/or nuisance species here already.

I'm not looking to wipe out an animal population, but if it causes me problems, I'm flinging lead.

Wouldn't it be funny if the animals had the same capability.

"I'm not looking to wipe out an human population, but if it causes me problems, I'm flinging lead."

Edit: not that I agree with the whole lions + america.

Look at the whole problem with wolves being re-introduced and protected, study it, them come back and try being a smartass.

The main issue with the reintroduction of wolves is that the habitat is not quite the same as their original habitat.  The Island of Manhattan, for instance, has some very nice wolf habitat right in the middle and the environmentalists wouldn't need to travel to the West to see the wolves.  They would just need to go jogging.  Just getting a hot dog from a roach coach on the street would be a 500 calorie exercise!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The first step would be to release a few lion in Central Park & up on the Cornell campus as well as on Ted's Atlanta mansion grounds.  If that trial works out satisfactorily, then we could discuss further releases with these city boys.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#4]
This would give us guys owning 50BMG's some worthy targets
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear they're some who want to bring back mammoths.  They want to do this by using the frozen sperm exctracted from some of the males found in the tundra and impregnating modern asian female elephants.  They say they are genetically compatible.  The 1st generation will be 1/2 modern and mammoth.  They use these to breed a 2nd generation, using the frozen sperm again.  Now you have 75% mammoth hybrids.  Then, these hybid herds(that is the goal), will be free to reproduce as needed.  More than likely, they will be concidered a protected species.  

Here is the problem, what ever mechanism that was present 10,000 years ago to cause they're extinction, might not be around now.  I have doubts about humans over hunting them back then.  At the end of the Ice Age, there were some exteme climatic changes.  The movie "The Day After Tomorrow" is loosely based on that.  The beasties were probably well on their way to extinction when some catastrophic event pushed them over to the end.

With these mechanism removed, how long before these things could be in our decendents back yards, shitting all over the place, and browsing in their flower gardens?  Not to mention mammoth/car collisions.  

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hear they're some who want to bring back mammoths.  They want to do this by using the frozen sperm exctracted from some of the males found in the tundra and impregnating modern asian female elephants.  They say they are genetically compatible.  The 1st generation will be 1/2 modern and mammoth.  They use these to breed a 2nd generation, using the frozen sperm again.  Now you have 75% mammoth hybrids.  Then, these hybid herds(that is the goal), will be free to reproduce as needed.  More than likely, they will be concidered a protected species.  

Here is the problem, what ever mechanism that was present 10,000 years ago to cause they're extinction, might not be around now.  I have doubts about humans over hunting them back then.  At the end of the Ice Age, there were some exteme climatic changes.  The movie "The Day After Tomorrow" is loosely based on that.  The beasties were probably well on their way to extinction when some catastrophic event pushed them over to the end.

With these mechanism removed, how long before these things could be in our decendents back yards, shitting all over the place, and browsing in their flower gardens?  Not to mention mammoth/car collisions.  

Bilster

Not to mention mammoth tenderloin, mammoth chili, mammoth carnitas, mammoth fajitas, mammoth chops, mammoth sweetbreads, and so forth.  I know people who have been on the Atkins diet and they would love this.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bilster

Not to mention mammoth tenderloin, mammoth chili, mammoth carnitas, mammoth fajitas, mammoth chops, mammoth sweetbreads, and so forth.  I know people who have been on the Atkins diet and they would love this.

In the 70's, they found a mammoth perfectly preserved in the ice. At the time, no researchers or museums were interested in the specimen, so they kept anything they thought would be of value and sold mammoth steaks for hideously high prices to help fund the digging.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
That would throw the eco-system outta balance.

We should place the majority of the lion prides in San Francisco and other liberal havens.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote South Central, downtown Detroit or Chicago, Ney York city or the greater metro DC area.  

Quoted:
I swear if someone brought a T-Rex back to life these dumb fuks would want it released into the wilds of Montana...

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Lions, Tigers, and Bears. Oh my!!

Can't wait.. I need target practice..
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personally I'm reminded of the 1976 movie, "Hamps!".

In short, Arabian camels are brought in to a US Cavalry outfit to replace their horses in the American desert.

And what fallows is reasonably funny.

G-Rated, in case you’re wondering.

Humps

It's 'HAWMPS!', dammit.
us.imdb.com/title/tt0074614/

I stand corrected, dammit !

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top