Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 9:02:24 AM EDT
It's buggy and it takes a Super Computer to run it, but man is it addictive.  Anyone here play?  I go by "Jerk" and I fly ME109's for the Axis.  FPS is not all that great right now, especially when over a 1000 people are playing in one server.  But it's pretty cool to have tanks, infantry, flak88's, and airplanes, all going at it on one battlefield.

[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/et.glass/windhund/windhund_namur_small.jpg[/img]

Disclaimer:  If you buy this game, you better have a ton of RAM- 256 minumum.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#1]
So I guess my Pentium 200Mhz, 64 megs of ram, 3 gig hard-drive, and a 26k (if I'm lucky) connection won't cut it will it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
As soon as the rest of my new hardware comes in I am going to buy it. I can't stand Win98 anymore. It's such a piece of crap and it keeps getting slower and buggier with age.

As for W2Online, I have heard nothing but good things about it even though most people say that it is still very "Beta". I love multiplayer games, and 1000 players sounds like a wetdream.

I have a friend that's getting me a discount copy of Win 2000 Pro. I just bought a new 40gig IDE 7200rpm hardrive and 786 megs of Ram for about a $120 bucks. I can't believe how cheap hardware is now. It's a good thing too, I hear that WW2 will eat up all available resources and ask for seconds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
that game looks awesome. Too bad my computer has only 192megs of ram, although i do have a p3 800. What are the video card requirements?? I have a Diamond Viper w/32mb ram. Doesn't really matter right now for me because my computer is in storage right now until, i get back from Air Force basic and my tech school. how fun for me... [grenade]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I play for the Axis too..."Eagleye"
In fact, I believe I've seen you flying in a 109 on a couple occasions...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
EagleEye - cool!  I will be looking for ya!  BTW- if you want to learn how to kill A13's with the ME109 then just ask!  It takes a lot of practice but man is it fun when you learn how to.  The armor on the top hull is only 1/4 inch thich, and 20mm cannon can punch through it very easy.  The bad thing is that you have to dive straight down at a 90 degree angle and shoot right behind the turret root on the back deck.  Try it.  It's fun, I've killed as many as 7 A13's in one mission.

Recon- Your system will be just fine if you can add a little more RAM.  RAM is cheap now days.  Try www.crucial.com and order some.  Other than that your system will work just fine.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#6]
My cousin plays a lot. Cant hardly pry him away from the computer. Of course he builds custom computers for a living and he has DSL tapped into his house so it flys on his setup. Kick ass game.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
recon- after reading your post a second time I realized that your connection speeds is too low.  They claim 56k will work but I think you really need some sort of broadband connection.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I just downloaded a 40 meg video of WWII online and it looked pretty crappy.  [url]www3.wwiionline.com/wwiiol_promo2.exe[/url]

The graphics looked horrible 1996 era.  

10 dollars a month.  [rolleyes]   I think I'll stick with Tribes for now.  

I'd probably get it if it wasn't for a monthly fee.  screw that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm with on playing Tribes, I play by the name of "kramrd" too.  What name do you use?

I'm playing the demo version and use GameSpy Arcade to play.  I usually play in the FA/SK8 or KCMO servers.  They both have the [GR] mods which give you most excellent weapons :)

M.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:04:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The fraphics looked horrible mainly because it was a movie, and not in-game. I admit, the graphics aren't jawdropping, but they certainly aren't bad. WWIIOL goes more for realism than eye-candy anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
kramrd,  I play tribes 2 as -=AirTJ=-  Tribes 2 just rocks.  

"Woohoo"
"I got your number, I got everyones number."  
"Need pilot for turbograv"
"Eat my plasma"

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the Game and I play as Druze from time to time.  I'm waiting for them to fix the FPS before I jump into it with both feet.  I have been playing another Massive Multiplayer game for a couple of years called Everquest but I'm reaching my burnout level on it.

WW2 Online has a lot of potential and I think will be a great game in about 6 months to a year.  That is if it does not get canned first.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top