Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Personally I drive about 300 miles a month on my dime so even if gas costs $5 a gallon it won't be the end of the my world, just the end of the US economy as we know it

+1.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I do since we we financed and paid for two wars in the middle east.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Low life welfare lib scum bag to reporter..."its my right to low gas prices, a house, free health care blah, blah blah, because it says so in that there conteeetusion"

Sounds funny at first blush, but there are more than a few with this mentality!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes I do since we we financed and paid for two wars in the middle east.  

And oil prices have not dropped?  Then it might be a false, assumed ulterior motive.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Dammit!!!  We wax postulations about freedom and living in the greatest country in the world and yet we have to put up with corporate fat cats and towel heads setting the oil prices to line their own pockets and cover weapons costs to keep waging their terror war and we sit back and take it.  RISE UP MY BROTHERS AND CAST OFF THE CHAINS OF THE OPPRESSORS!!  
Seriously though...WTF??

"Help!  Help! I'm being repressed"
            -Monty Python
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were president, free oil for everyone.

As long as we can drill thru glass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dammit!!!  We wax postulations about freedom and living in the greatest country in the world and yet we have to put up with corporate fat cats and towel heads setting the oil prices to line their own pockets and cover weapons costs to keep waging their terror war and we sit back and take it.  RISE UP MY BROTHERS AND CAST OFF THE CHAINS OF THE OPPRESSORS!!  
Seriously though...WTF?? --environmentalists--  It is as simple as that.

-Monty Python

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Monty Python

I am not an environmentalist, I don't picket logging sites or write angry letters to anybody except arfcom.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Monty Python

I am not an environmentalist, I don't picket logging sites or write angry letters to anybody except arfcom.  

Good.  No normal thinking adult would be stupid enough to be a capital "E" environmentalist.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I sincerely hope, that those who quote this freemarket drivel, feel the same way, when your burning your copies of  "The Federalist papers" and "Atlas Shrugged" to stay warm next winter.

Their are some commodities, which are stratigicaly vital to our economy and the nations health, as a whole. Like it or not. Our whole society runs on gasoline.

I honestly don't think some of you guys, who live in this sort of "free market theorist dreamland" realize just how fragile the economy is, or how quickly half of you could be out of a job, credit and your morgage....long before gas hits $5.00 a gallon.

Gasoline is not an elective commodity, like milk, or bottled water. Without affordable gasoline, the economy tanks and you, your Ar15 and your whole lifestyle are going to tank with it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I sincerely hope, that those who quote this freemarket drivel, feel the same way, when your burning your copies of  "The Federalist papers" and "Atlas Shrugged" to stay warm next winter.

Their are some commodities, which are stratigicaly vital to our economy and the nations health, as a whole. Like it or not. Our whole society runs on gasoline.

I honestly don't think some of you guys, who live in this sort of "free market theorist dreamland" realize just how fragile the economy is, or how quickly half of you could be out of a job, credit and your morgage....long before gas hits $5.00 a gallon.

Gasoline is not an elective commodity, like milk, or bottled water. Without affordable gasoline, the economy tanks and you, your Ar15 and your whole lifestyle are going to tank with it.

I sincerely doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

All we need to do is an immediate 5% reduction of consumption.  That will drop prices to below $2 a gallon.  5%, not much.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Perhaps you would prefer price caps, shortages, and rationing?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, for the 18 months I spent in the gulf Kuwait should have to pay my gas bills for life.  it's the least they could do.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, for the 18 months I spent in the gulf Kuwait should have to pay my gas bills for life.  it's the least they could do.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All we need to do is an immediate 5% reduction of consumption.  That will drop prices to below $2 a gallon.  5%, not much.  

Nope. OPEC will simply cut back oil production which will inflate the cost of crude bringing gas prices back up. There is no "free market" in the oil industry as long as OPEC exists.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yes, I do.  As a citizen of the most powerful nation in the world, I feel that we all deserve the best of everything.  We ought to trade the oil producing nations one bushel of grain for one barrel of oil.  If they don't agree, let the fuckers drink their oil.

I am REALLY curious...just how did you arrive at the exchange rate of one bushel of "grain" for one barrel of oil?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top