Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Damnit, how many times do I have to tell people I'm not willing to sell my self respect for 30+MPG...
When GM or Diamler-Chrysler makes a hybrid (In the US) that doesn't look like sin, is quick, and comfortable, I'll consider buying it.  Until then, I'll continue to drive the biggest car made since the '70s.  It's long, it's roomy, it's safe, it's powerful, it's fast and it doesn't look like a Toyota Prius or Honda Insight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Damnit, how many times do I have to tell people I'm not willing to sell my self respect for 30+MPG...
When GM or Diamler-Chrysler makes a hybrid (In the US) that doesn't look like sin, is quick, and comfortable, I'll consider buying it.  Until then, I'll continue to drive the biggest car made since the '70s.  It's long, it's roomy, it's safe, it's powerful, it's fast and it doesn't look like a Toyota Prius or Honda Insight.

The Prius, when it first came out, looked nice.  The 2004 remake made it look like ass.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]

"The more we are consuming oil that either comes from places that are bent on our destruction or helping those who are ... the more we are enabling those who are trying to kill us," Gaffney said.

How convenient.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Stop buying oil all you like, the Chinese, Indians, Europeans, etc. will all be there with dollars in hand to fill the void.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Stop buying oil all you like, the Chinese, Indians, Europeans, etc. will all be there with dollars in hand to fill the void.

At least in that case they'll be dealing with the radical Muslims pissed off that they're in their country and not us.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You mean those same wind-powered generators that the enviromentalists are tring to have shut down for killing some birds?

Oh yes leelaw...
These babies at 600 ft. high are great bird killing machines...

Farms of the Future
Photograph by Sarah Leen

Like giant pinwheels, turbines spin at the Middelgrunden Wind Park off Copenhagen, Denmark. Wind generates about 20 percent of Denmark's electricity, and the nation is a leader in turbine technology. Other European countries, including Spain and Germany, are also wild about wind, making it one of the fastest growing energy sectors. By contrast, wind produces less than one percent of U.S. energy, though the American landscape holds vast wind potential. It's a difference of attitudes, says energy scientist Dan Kammen of the University of California, Berkeley. "Effectively, we don't have an energy policy. The lack of a consistent, clear message means you always vote the status quo. We're not recognizing the value of diversity."

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
by cheating.  Basically it's a golf cart until the batteries charged by an outside source runs out of juice, then it goes into hybrid mode, once it goes into hybrid mode it'll get less mpg than a standard hybrid because all the extra weight of the batteries lowers the power to weight ratio of the vehicle.

Ask yourself how much mpg does a golf cart get?  Trick question cause it doesn't use gas.  

I love all the loons that think that electricity in thier house gets the by magic. Like electic cars a few years back what a flop.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember back in the mid 70's when Domino's Pizza used to and boast about delivering pizzas with an electric car... It was kind of neat, but had problems in the winter with traction.

Other than that it worked as long as someone charge it at night.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
by cheating.  Basically it's a golf cart until the batteries charged by an outside source runs out of juice, then it goes into hybrid mode, once it goes into hybrid mode it'll get less mpg than a standard hybrid because all the extra weight of the batteries lowers the power to weight ratio of the vehicle.

Ask yourself how much mpg does a golf cart get?  Trick question cause it doesn't use gas.  

Yep, but it won't stop the morons from being excited about it........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe some of you are afraid of a little extra electricity, or is it a gas problem.

Why don't you try a little bit of air. Yep.. These run on compressed air..

How about a car that runs on air.

Le Link

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top