BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a fucking loon.  She needs to be comitted.

As much as I would like to participate, I will resreve my comments in respect for Casey Sheehan.

Rest In Peace Warrior.

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
http://198.65.14.85/News/2005/31-40/32news21.htm

UPDATES ON CINDY SHEEHAN VISIT TO CRAWFORD
Sunday, Aug. 14, 2005
(Reverse Time Order — More Recent Entries Toward Top)

10:15 a.m.
SHOTS FIRED!

Deborah Mathews reporting for The Iconoclast.

Camp Casey is becoming very organized, with how-to signs placed about. Ann Wright said, "That's what we are trying to do."

Let me read you the schedule posted on a tree: "9:15 camp meeting; 10 a.m. inter-faith service, 10:30 a.m., "Food-Not-Bombs Breakfast at Peace House," and....

"Wait! Someone is firing a gun. (pause). He fired it into the air about five times. He appears to be a local inside the fence line on private property. Now he has thrown what looks like a shotgun into the front seat of a pickup, and he's stomping off out of sight. I wonder where he went.

WTF?  Has anyone seen this on the news?  This sounds like a BS story.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sunday, Aug. 14, 2005

SHOTS FIRED!

Camp Casey is becoming very organized, with how-to signs placed about. Ann Wright said, "That's what we are trying to do."

Let me read you the schedule posted on a tree: "9:15 camp meeting; 10 a.m. inter-faith service, 10:30 a.m., "Food-Not-Bombs Breakfast at Peace House," and....

"Wait! Someone is firing a gun. (pause). He fired it into the air about five times. He appears to be a local inside the fence line on private property. Now he has thrown what looks like a shotgun into the front seat of a pickup, and he's stomping off out of sight. I wonder where he went.

WTF?  Has oneone seen this on the news?  This sounds like a BS story.

i call bs.  texans tend to hit what they're shooting at.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
wow that's some pretty cold-blooded shit there. shows just how little regard they have for this poor woman.

+1

Say 'Hello' to the American left.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
she's "tented in a ditch"?  how come nobody's opened that ditch's floodgate yet?  it would put a sudden and soggy counterpoint on her crazy ranting.

i feel bad for her loosing her son but she's desecrating his sacrifice.  Sounds like the rest of her family has pretty much lost all respect for her too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]
"Sheehan says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

Sorry lady, Bush isn't Jesus.

Besides, does Bush deal with people's taxes?  Doesn't the IRS do that?

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

I don't understand...In 1948 there was both a Palestine and an Israel, and yet the Palestinians could not accept the fact of having a Jewish state next door, so they attacked and lost.

How about forcibly removing all Palestinians from Israel Proper, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank?

Let the Arab nations take them in, they have plenty of land.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
This whole story goes to illustrate one of the lefts greatest strengths.  Preying on an individuals weakness and lack of ability to be a leader.   Here you have a woman who a suffered a huge loss of her son.  This woman has a definate type b personallity and is allowing herself to be molded or in this case just out right used for a left wing cause.  Her loss doesn't mean shit to these folks other that to further their agenda which is just more left wing socailist bullshit.  I think thats really fucking sad for this lady.  She at the end of the day is going to be utterly destroyed.  She has lost her son, it looks like she is now in the process of losing her family and marriage.  You could almost  feel sorry for her, however she has choosen her path do to a lack of personal courage and leadership.  

My biggest fear about this whole fucked up story is we are starting to see the beginning of my generations "Winter Soldier" movement.  I imagine we will start to see a great many Iraq war veterans show up for the cause like they did 35 years ago, and like the original movement many will not actually be veterans at all.  This scares me.  I think one of the saving graces we have though is unlike 35 years ago we have alterenative news outlets such as cable news such as Fox and the internet.   The next few years into 2008 are going to be very interesting folks.  

Scott.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
uncomfirmed as to motive or suspect, but rumor has it that it was a nearby landowner getting pissed off.  I'm guessing that if you're one of the couple hundred folks in 80 acre Crawford Texas, you're a Bush supporter!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
She just wants people to feel sorry for her. I feel sorry her son had to have a mother like that. She is grasping at her 15 minutes, President Bush is right not meeting with her again.

Who the F8CK does she think she is? I dont see 1800+ other mothers trying to grab the spotlight.

Three simple letters describe her.

P         O          S
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What a fucking loon.  She needs to be comitted.

Yep. She's certifiable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Pissed off local gets meeting with Cops and SS

Local Paper Records Shots Fired at Sheehan Camp in Texas
By E&P Staff
August 14, 2005
www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001014533
NEW YORK Showing the value of its nearly round-the-clock coverage, the Lone Star Iconoclast, a weekly in Crawford, Texas, reported this morning from the scene that shots had been fired near the Cindy Sheehan antiwar encampment near the Bush ranch, which has drawn national attention.

Apparently they were fired by a local landowner none too pleased with the protest in his neighborhood.

Earlier this week, the Houston Chronicle talked to the neghbor, Larry Mattlage. Sitting on a tractor across the road, Mattlage said he supported the right to protest but that the demonstrators should not be allowed to stay for prolonged periods. "In the morning I usually wake up and see the morning sun," he said. "Now I wake up to stuff hanging in trees."

Here is today's Iconoclast report, as phoned in by its staffer, Deborah Mathews, on the scene:

Wait! Someone is firing a gun. (pause). He fired it into the air about five times. He appears to be a local inside the fence line on private property. Now he has thrown what looks like a shotgun into the front seat of a pickup, and he's stomping off out of sight. I wonder where he went.

Now he's coming back out. I'm out here standing on the road. He's got a no parking sign in his hand, walking toward his fence. I'm going to go try to talk to him. I've got to hang up.

(three minutes later)

I went over and talked to the man. He is Larry Mattlage, who says he is on his property and just posted a no-parking sign.

"We're going to start doing our war and it's going to be underneath the law," he told me. "Whatever it takes. So y'all go find another place to do whatever you do. 'Cause this is our front yard and back yard."

Wait.....now there's some Secret Service and cops. I'm going to get closer to hear what they're saying. People in bullet-proof vests are here now. Two Secret Service agents are now walking up his driveway towards his house, with Mr. Mattlage. A member of the Sheriff's Department has arrived. Mr. Mattlage is waving his arms now. All of them are now walking back this way.

Now they are between the lane and the house. He's at the fence now. Let me record what they are saying. I'll call right back.

Interviewed afterward, protest leader Cindy Sheehan said it was okay if the man fired his gun on his own property, so long as the bullets remained on his property as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Crazy ass bitch, why cant some drunk ass red neck in a beefed up 4 wheel drive come racing down the road into the ditch though her tent?? oops......
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: Apparently they were fired by a local landowner none too pleased with the protest in his neighborhood.

Earlier this week, the Houston Chronicle talked to the neghbor, Larry Mattlage. Sitting on a tractor across the road, Mattlage said he supported the right to protest but that the demonstrators should not be allowed to stay for prolonged periods. "In the morning I usually wake up and see the morning sun," he said. "Now I wake up to stuff hanging in trees."

God bless Texas! We like to shoot them 'Nuthern Kaaapetbaggers!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted: Apparently they were fired by a local landowner none too pleased with the protest in his neighborhood.

God bless Texas! We like to shoot them 'Nuthern Kaaapetbaggers!

Hey Now! Some of us 'Nurthern Kaaapetbaggers' shoot back!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Post from a leftist about how to best use Sheehan for their emotion-based propaganda:

We are making errors with references to Cindy Sheehan.

What are we trying to accomplish with promoting her?

Emphasizing her sacrifice.

Emphasizing her stating truth to power.

Emphasizing her plain speaking, clear statements.

Relate her vigil over her dead son to universal archtypes of all vigils over dead children killed by dictatorial rulers throughout all history.

My suggestions below:

1. We should call her “Mother Sheehan”. We should never call her Cindy; I don’t know her. “Mother Sheehan” is her title, and expresses her ceremonial status as a bereaved mother, calling forth over the dead body of her son. She is not a person now, she is a mother, which is not an expression of her individuality, but rather the expression of her eternal character: the mother, the bringer of life who has been wronged by state power.

2. We should use the word “sacrifice”. She has sacrificed the most precious thing a mother has, the life and promise of her child.

3. We should use the word “useless” frequently. The death of her son is a useless sacrifise, done for the vanity of the ruler.

4. We should not use the name of her son. Her son is a symbol of all sons who have been sacrificed for this useless and criminal war.

5. The term “vigil” should be used to describe the persons and their patient petition to the dictatorial ruler. It is a vigil over the body of the dead son, killed by the ruler for his own purposes.

6. The right will try to INDIVIDUALIZE and SPECIALIZE her complaint. We must try to make her cry the UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL cry of all mothers whose children have died at the whim of the tyrannical and dictatorial ruler, who has made the decision to push children to the front of the army for his own, useless purposes. We must seek to make this like funeral vigils over all time. This is not Mother Sheehan’s vigil, this is a vigil over the dead son, killed by the ruler for his own selfish reasons.

7. If there are any persons who are theatre professionals at the Sheenan vigil, they should arrange things much more theatrically.

8. If I was there, I would not let Mother Sheehan talk to the press, but I would have her talk only through a spokesperson. In particular, I would not allow her to argue with critics, and would allow no critics to approach her. Her dignity must be preserved. If lesser emissaries from the ruler arrive (C Rice, etc), these should not be allowed to speak to Mother Sheehan.

dailykos.com/story/2005/8/13/9565/81042

Nauseating

Thank you for those thoughtful points, Comrade!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
War Crimes???? What crimes? That is war people die in war.  Her son knew that when he signed up for what ever branch he did.  She is getting out of hand.  I guess she will have no house soon and if she didn't know it her taxes probably come straight out of the check.  If she does this she will fuck up her life for a long time and is only getting herself into more trouble.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Point 8 of the communist  list  "Her dignity must be preserved"  The woman has none!.......................She is a disgrace to all Mothers [My Grandmother was a Gold Star Mother] that have lost children for this country........plus she is being used by people with no honorable intention.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Crazy ass bitch, why cant some drunk ass red neck liberal in a beefed up 4 wheel drive Geo Metro come racing down the road into the ditch though her tent?? oops......

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quick, somebody call the cops and leave an anonymous tip that she's suicidal! She probably doesn't have any guns to illegally confiscate so maybe they'll lock her up for her own protection instead.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I keep seeing this reference to her sacrificing her son, is she a devil worshiper? Her "SON" made a sacrifice not her. Hopefully she will do the same off a bridge.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

I don't understand...In 1948 there was both a Palestine and an Israel, and yet the Palestinians could not accept the fact of having a Jewish state next door, so they attacked and lost.

How about forcibly removing all Palestinians from Israel Proper, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank?

Let the Arab nations take them in, they have plenty of land.

THe other Arab nations DON'T WANT THEM.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#26]
If my parents did anything as screwed up like that, I would come back and haunt them.

Every time I see her or the other women who cites M Moore on Fox, I feel liked some people need some sense slapped into them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]

2004 taxes were due/paid LAST April 15. Hopefully she will not pay her 2005 taxes, and IRS will solve her problem.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"Sheehan says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

Ms. Sheehan has had tax liens placed on her property by the IRS and California Franchise Tax Board dating back to 1996.

Sounds like not paying taxes is just her standard operating procedure.  Now she just has an excuse.  

Take a look at this thread at FreeRepublic.com for details -
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1463260/posts
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

2004 taxes were due/paid LAST April 15. Hopefully she will not pay her 2005 taxes, and IRS will solve her problem.

Ayup... the legal question of whether someone might refuse to  pay their taxes because they disagree with where the money is going was resolved a LONG, LONG time ago before the US Supreme Court.  She can refuse to pay taxes with hopes of creating a Kangaroo Court proceeding to indict the war effort, but that's not going to work.   She'll lose the case long before trial.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sunday, Aug. 14, 2005

SHOTS FIRED!

WTF?  Has oneone seen this on the news?  This sounds like a BS story.

i call bs.  texans tend to hit what they're shooting at.

NOT BS. He fired 1 shot into air, which is what he was aiming at. No crime committed. It was on NBC World News.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#31]
CAn't they arrest this group for vagrancy?

Hell, if the cars are parked along the road like that every day, cite them for obstructing the right of way, and tow off their cars.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate to admit it, but my mother would probably do the same thing, even if I told her not to in advance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#33]
If she would of had a job and paid for her sons college then he would still be alive. Isn't that what she said "he joined to get free college". How does she work when shes protesting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#34]
This is about right.

Greg Gutfeld
CHIEF BRODY SLAPBLOG!

No one sent me the email about it being ALL-CINDY FRIDAY, and now I feel like a wallflower at an orgy. A BIG FAT HAIRY WALLFLOWER. It's like showing up at a costume party, and everyone but me came dressed as a blood-sucking ghoul!

But I will give it a shot:

GREG'S OBLIGATORY CINDY SHEEHAN POST !

Sitting here with my can of beer online shopping for a new gardening hat, I can't help but think: what do the thoughtful Huffposters really want out of this media-inflated standoff with President Bush?
It must be:

The CHIEF BRODY SLAP.

THE CHIEF BRODY SLAP is based on the infamous scene in Jaws when a distraught mom slaps Roy Scheider across the face. Her son was eaten by a shark, but she blames the sheriff. Because he didn't do enough. It's not the shark, it's the sheriff. It's like me blaming Arianna for Christine Lahti's post. But unjustified. And with a shark.

THE CHIEF BRODY SLAP (CBS) is a chief staple in an any liberal diet: a fiery mix of outrage, self-rightious indignation and condemnation delivered from a moral highground so lofty it gives you a nosebleed. The Brody Slap is predicated on the idea that you don't need a solution, only blame. Who needs a real alternative when you're already outraged? It's easy!

Where do lefty celebs learn to deliver the Brody slap with such blinding speed and conviction?
YOGA SCHOOL? PILATES? THE PRIUS DRIVING MANUAL?

NO. The Chief Brody Slap comes naturally. To actors. It's really pantomime.
It's all symbolism, no action. And, like a seaweed wrap, it makes you feel good all over. While the rest of us do the heavy lifting, all you have to do is emote, when the going gets rough.

SOME FAMOUS BRODY-SLAPS THROUGHOUT HISTORY: Nero shoots the messenger. Smokers sue big tobacco. Johnny Depp moves to France. And just about any incident involving Sean Penn.

For the Brody Slap to work, the Huffpo will want Cindy Sheehan to talk to the President about her son in the same way Michael Moore wanted to talk to Roger Smith about Michigan poverty....not because something constructive will come out of the encounter, but because it will feel good making somebody else look evil.

And then, of course, haul off and whack the commander in chief so hard that even Roy Scheider feels it (in the Hamptons).

THAT'S THE CHIEF BRODY SLAP.

So while the Huff-posters pretend to feel sympathy for the mother, who no doubt deserves it, it's an act. They are using her, and that makes them stink of tripe. And not the good kind you can use to make haggis.

www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/greg-gutfeld/
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#35]
The friggen wench was at a protest against the Pentagon back in January.  It is obvious what she is.  Hell, she uses Michael Moores website for her hate speach.

WASHINGTON - Pentagon police on Wednesday turned away family members of troops killed in Iraq who wanted to confront Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld on the reasons for the war in Iraq.

The group of about 20 was stopped before entering Pentagon property by about a dozen officers, who told the protesters they did not have the proper permission to enter the building.

Organizers said they have been petitioning for the meeting for weeks, but department officials are ignoring their requests.

"The man who was too busy to personally sign the Killed in Action letters these families received is apparently too busy to acknowledge the request of the Gold Star families for this meeting," Nancy Lessin, co-founder of Military Families Speak Out, told reporters gathered for Wednesday's protest.

Five Gold Star families - ones who have lost a son or daughter to fighting in Iraq - brought pictures and letters to the event to present to the secretary, and asked police to pass the items along to illustrate their loss and grief.

Cindy Sheehan, a California resident whose son Casey was killed during a mission in Sadr City last April, sheltered a photo of her son from the snow with her arms as the group tried to convince police to let them by.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The CHIEF BRODY SLAP.

I'd love to see the video of her trying to give W the CBS, only to get shot, tazered, beaten and just an all-around ass-whupping from the Secret Service.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes.

Somebody's been watching "Pet Semetary" or "Reanimator" too much.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#38]
www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0815051sheehan1.html

Well, guess we see where the Husband stands on this as well.

edit to make hot
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]

when people blame bush for their son/daughter's death, have they forgotten that our military is VOLUNTARY!!???

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top