Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wheres the board libertarians to claim none of this would have happened if drugs were legal?

Present, and accounted for...

Legalizing most of the popular illicit drugs would push their prices down to a few pennies a hit - Do you really believe that druggies would go to the trouble of robbing people for 5 cents, when just one trip to the blood donor clinic would get them enough money to stay high for the rest of their (admittedly short) lives?

(And while we're at it - Since you're convinced that banning things seems to work so well in preventing tragedies, let's ban all guns and see how many shootings that prevents...)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
... I found out the sad news today that an acquaintance of mine was killed in this tragic incedent.

... For years, I worked with the good Samaritan the junky killed. He recently retired as a mechanical engineer at the facility. He was well liked by many people. Was only trying to save said junkies mom's life.

... Rest in Peace Jim Early
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Jim Early was killed the day before his 35th wedding anniversary.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... I found out the sad news today that an acquaintance of mine was killed in this tragic incedent.

... For years, I worked with the good Samaritan the junky killed. He recently retired as a mechanical engineer at the facility. He was well liked by many people. Was only trying to save said junkies mom's life.

... Rest in Peace Jim Early

Quoted:
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Jim Early was killed the day before his 35th wedding anniversary.

At least he tried to do something rather then wait for someone else.
RIP.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wheres the board libertarians to claim none of this would have happened if drugs were legal?

Present, and accounted for...

Legalizing most of the popular illicit drugs would push their prices down to a few pennies a hit - Do you really believe that druggies would go to the trouble of robbing people for 5 cents, when just one trip to the blood donor clinic would get them enough money to stay high for the rest of their (admittedly short) lives?

(And while we're at it - Since you're convinced that banning things seems to work so well in preventing tragedies, let's ban all guns and see how many shootings that prevents...)

+1
It didn't work for alcahol in the 30s and it isn't working for drugs now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top