Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Parts of the show are just stupid beyond words, but then that was the same with most other TV "Dramas".  
- Bull blasts the the engine with a SAW because he's a ghost.
- The whole concept of people who never follow fucking orders.
- Letting the prisoner run around in the open.
- Why are Stingers being hauled around where there is no insurgent airforce?
- Playing with a car bomb from a few yards away.
- Anything that falls out of the mouth of that glasses-wearing fucktard.

Each character on it does seem to be nothing but a one dimensional preaching pulpit.  That said they also show the other side of the coin.  The poor terrorist being mistreated really had nothing done other than to make him fear for his sister's life.  Liberal cry baby gets the picture that Ali aint no poor farm boy with a gun.  That not all "civilians" are "innocent".  Prisoners don't talk kust because they got captured, and sometimes it's deadly important to get information right now.

Yes, it would be a terrible military documentry.  It's "ok" viewing though.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I was wondering that as well. Maybe the US had them in country to either sell them to some other country or staging them in Iraq to drag into Syria or Iran.

Dumb though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering that as well. Maybe the US had them in country to either sell them to some other country or staging them in Iraq to drag into Syria or Iran.

Dumb though.

How much crap gets dragged around simply because it's on the TO&E? How much stuff is left over as a turnover from previous units. We had stingers onboard that were brought over for the war.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much crap gets dragged around simply because it's on the TO&E? How much stuff is left over as a turnover from previous units. We had stingers onboard that were brought over for the war.

If we didn't think we were going to use something we left it behind. But, you're right, some units are pretty anal about that kind of thing. What kind of units have Stingers on their inventory? Besides avenger crews?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a TV show. The Stingers? WTF but it is a TV show. Dim's wife is slut bitch with some BIG OL titties.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it's an entertaining show. You can't say that it's liberal propaganda, there's really only one soldier who has that "anti-war attitude."  Like i said before, if this show was liberal propaganda they would have never said the line: "We're not here for oil, we're here to kick some ass" in the pilot episode.

Everytime Dim says some liberal BS crap, some other soldier says something completely opposite. Contrary to some people's ideas, not everyone serving in the military is a conservative, Republican.  

This is definitely a tough crowd to please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Come on you guys. Did you watch Hill Street Blues with a magnifying glass and cry "liberal propaganda!" every five seconds when Sipowizc(sp) beat the shit out of perp? Sheesh, dont be so sensitive.
I think Bochco does some decent TV, realism aside.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quick question and probably a stupid one;
When they were in the firefight and the scene faded from night to day while the soldiers remained in the same firing position . . .was that to symbolize that the fight went on through daylight ?

That was my impression as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
i got a question...mrs b ("DON'T CALL ME THAT!") mimic'd the tango and called him a "shitbird", is that an army phrase? i always thought it was a marine corps phrase and the tech advisor for the series is a marine ssgt...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I was waiting for her to crane kick him in the balls
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I dunno abouyt this show, its seems , too much, like a.................TRAP!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Frankly, I think you guys are Chicken Littles wrt calling the show "liberal propoganda."  Every time I see or hear one character say something that might be perceived as liberal propoganda, another character almost immediately argues the opposite, or some scene is used to illustrate the opposite.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top