Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
" It's your first time, aint it?"
"yeah, so ? So what?"
"Then you gotta drink"
"It's the spirit of the deer"
"My grand father said that once you do that there will always be something different about you."
" It's not so bad, like when you get a bloody nose or something."
" Go for it! Yeah, go for it buddy!"
" It's not so bad, its' not so bad!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
" It's your first time, aint it?"
"yeah, so ? So what?"
"Then you gotta drink"
"It's the spirit of the deer"
"My grand father said that once you do that there will always be something different about you."
" It's not so bad, like when you get a bloody nose or something."
" Go for it! Yeah, go for it buddy!"
" It's not so bad, its' not so bad!"

They edited that out too...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What was that submachine gun that the one general uses with the handle that folds out?

I can almost remember, a yhetti, ghetti something like that.

Stethkin?

ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
DOUBLEPOST! w00t w00t!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What was that submachine gun that the one general uses with the handle that folds out?

I can almost remember, a yhetti, ghetti something like that.

Stethkin?

ben

jatimatic
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Just noticed a gun screw up (OK, one of many... but I digress)

When the downed pilot jumps up on the tank with the 1911 and fires into it, the slide is locked back the entire time.  This is the part where they all have snow camo on.

Just thought I'd share.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And very strange for a Hollywood film. The people who made it seem to think like we do. LOL. A very unique movie indeed.

That's because the writer and director (John Millius) is a hard core gun nut and major NRA wheel.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! DIE STANDING UP!"

Yes, it's been butchered to shit. It's all in the details...

He said "it's better to die standing up, than to live on your knees" This a slighter variation originally uttered by Geo. Washington.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The end when he's talking to his dying brother as he dies... that's a hard scene.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I watched it for the first time and what I don't get is when they raided the drive-in, why didn't they recruit more? Or when they interrupted that one mass execution. Or when they went near town. I mean if they're becomming national heroes, you'd think more people would join the cause.

Just what I was wondering. I find it hard to believe that only a token few would fight especially after such morale-boosting events.

This movie made an unrealistic war film because only a few kids that have never really handled weapons much before are taking out hordes of enemies and everyone else is content to just stand around while they witness it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright, I've never seen it, but it's on my Netflix list and it just got bumped to the No. 1 spot.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said "it's better to die standing up, than to live on your knees" This a slighter variation originally uttered by Geo. Washington.

George may have uttered the original (and a damned good quote it is), but Swayze said what I posted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Ownership of the Red Dawn DVD should be a pre-requisite for every gun owner.  

"Shoot straight for once ... you ... Army ... pukes ...."
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ownership of the Red Dawn DVD should be a pre-requisite for every gun owner.  

+1  Its a good DVD to watch every once and a while to remind us how good we have it and that fredom is not free.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
+1  Its a good DVD to watch every once and a while to remind us how good we have it...

Sometimes I wonder if some of the guys in the SF wish we DID live that way!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Please don't jump me too bad on this question:

I have seen Red Dawn about 4 times.  Each time, I have missed the last 30 minutes.  What happens to the Wolverines?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Please don't jump me too bad on this question:

I have seen Red Dawn about 4 times.  Each time, I have missed the last 30 minutes.  What happens to the Wolverines?

If you have not seen the last 30 minutes, then I would say you have not seen it 4 times.

Short answer.  They kick ass, but with cosequences.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Scorpion

Oh and try this.

www.longmountain.com/movieguns/RedDawn
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scorpion

www.accuratereloading.com/scorp.jpg

Na. Thats not it.  This was all black...looks like an over sized Mac-10 with a vertical grip attached to the front.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scorpion

www.accuratereloading.com/scorp.jpg

Na. Thats not it.  This was all black...looks like an over sized Mac-10 with a vertical grip attached to the front.

jatimatic look it up
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

George may have uttered the original (and a damned good quote it is), but Swayze said what I posted.

I remember when a younger Swayze threw a peso across the Rio Grande, then chopped down a cactus and fessed up, "I cannot pull your chain..." he said...

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I was wrong.... not a Kobra

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll bet the edit out this scene............

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'll bet the edit out this scene............

www.crinamex.com/reddawn/reddawn09.JPG

Note my previous posting...it was in the movie.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember when a younger Swayze threw a peso across the Rio Grande, then chopped down a cactus and fessed up, "I cannot pull your chain..." he said...

Yeah, and while he was crying a big snot bubble came out of his nose, which they later imortalized in the movie...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top