Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 12:43:33 PM EDT
AR-15 BM. I got the roll pin out but can't get the gas tub out. I need the reuse the gas on another upper.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By AK Fan:
AR-15 BM. I got the roll pin out but can't get the gas tub out. I need the reuse the gas on another upper.
View Quote

There is a tool for that job, but it can be done with a good pair of vise grips, with something to cover the grips jaws, as not to bur the tube, but be careful not to crush the tube. Slowly, rock the tube right to left to break and carbon, and as you rock move the tube towards the rear of the upper, when it clears the sight base, remove the vise grips and twist gently and slide forward to the outside of the front sight base, there you have it!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
andreusan's right (I don't believe I just said that), it should be that easy.  Don't forget to lube it up well.

There were some Bushmasters a couple of years ago that had the barrels overtorqued.  Make sure the gas tube isn't pressed tightly against the barrel nut etc...  

Some lube/hoppes and that puppy should come right out using the above as a guide.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
andreusan's right (I don't believe I just said that), it should be that easy.  Don't forget to lube it up well.

There were some Bushmasters a couple of years ago that had the barrels overtorqued.  Make sure the gas tube isn't pressed tightly against the barrel nut etc...  

Some lube/hoppes and that puppy should come right out using the above as a guide.
View Quote

Thank you, I did however forget the bushy bbls problems.

It is my, shall I say off color remarks and posts that piss off the masses, but it does however make em think some!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top