Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 12:40:54 PM EDT
if so what was your take on it? do you truly believe it was damien and his friends that murdered those children? i find it hard to believe that they did this. the only person i had seen on that would have capable of this was the crazy father of one of the murdered children......what do you think?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have TV, haven't seen movie, but Holy Mother of God!  What a great book!  John Milton RULES.  Paradise Lost changed my life.  Read it in college, converted to Catholicism a few months later.  My favorite part is in book 9, line 372:

"Go, for thy stay, not free, absents thee more"
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Movie has nothing to do with the book. Yeah, I saw it and the father is a good candidate. But so are the kids. Did you see another HBO special, The Vampire Murders? Same kind of kids, most definitely did it.

Problem is, even educated, articulate kids can be f*cked up psycopaths. Remember Leopold and Lowe? They murdered out of intellectual curiosity. Of course they were gay lovers and that don't make for the "normal" case but you get my point.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to see Paradise Lost part 1 & part 2.

They're two seperate shows, and in the second one, there's no question who the killer is, it's the nut-job father of one of the murdered boys.

When the first show came out, I had some questions, but when HBO did the part 2 show a year or so later, it was incredible. There's no way those boys killed those kids.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw it and the follow-up segment HBO did.  I believe that the father was involved.  If you haven't seen the follow-up segment I suggest you view it.  The wife of that crazy father committed suicide after the deaths. The father indicated during a polygraph that she had been murdered.  He then back-tracked and said she died  of a broken heart.  The farther even does some crazy production about visiting the scene of the murder and talks about dancing on the graves of the people that killed his boy.   The guy is just plain nuts.  

The most disturbing thing about these two programs is the fact that people like this exist.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
the sickest part to me is that there is an innocent guy sitting on death row waiting to die and the nut case father is in prison for drugs.he should be on death row, not the kid. the state of arkansas made a mistake and instead of admitting it they would rather just cover it up and kill the wrong guy.im all for the death penalty aslong as the person is there without ANY REASONABLE DOUBT. this world is so screwed up.........peace
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not sure that the kids that were convicted are innocent.  I don't remember all the facts but there seemed to be a lot of evidence against them. Perhaps both the youths and the father were involved.  I do remember from the second show that the father once held a gun a group of people trying to stop a fight between two kids.  Considering what I saw during a trip to West Memphis and the people on these programs I don't thing I want to move there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
here is a link for some info on it http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_robin.htm
read it,it will blow your mind at how ignorant arkansas people are. not all of them just the ones involed in this case.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]
try this again        
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_robin.htm    maybe it will work.....jeeeze
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
here is a link for some info on it http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_robin.htm
read it,it will blow your mind at how ignorant arkansas people are. not all of them just the ones involed in this case.
View Quote

[url]http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_robin.htm[/url]

Don't forget, Bill Clinton is from Arkansas.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it. I can't say either way. The evidence presented in the documentary didn't look very conclusive. But the two kid's overall demeanor throughout the trial, especially Damien's, was puzzling to say the least. He acted like it was no big deal, and no matter what happened it was no skin off his back. He was constantly joking and smiling too. Wierd! If I was accused of a murder and facing the possibility of the death penalty or a life sentence in "pound me in the ass" state prison, the last thing that you would see on my face is a smile.

As for the Dad... man that guy is right out of Silence of the Lambs. Buffalo Bills retarded brother or something. Who knows, brain tumors take some time before they make their presence known. And they can cause/exacerbate psychosis in some people. Maybe he flipped out due to the growing tumor in his head.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The thing that bothered me was the crime scene. The lack of blood on the scene, the skinned penis, no mosquito bites on the victims, and most telling, the marks made by a belt buckle on one victims buttocks. The same victim whose step father admitted to loosing it earlier in the day and whipping him with a belt. Then there is the knife the step father gave to the producers with blood and skin on it. I do not want to jump to the conclusion that the producers seem to want you to make...but having been a major crimes detective myself, I would not be able to sleep with the case that I saw presented. I do know I sure would like to see the case files and crime scene evidence. I was also very troubled by the prosecutors choice of an expert witness, the buy a diploma doc that said it was a satanic killing...There are tons of other things that really trouble me, the knife used to do the damage. A big honking divers knife, I just find it troubling that a knife that big could be used to do delicate cutting that the pathologist said he would have a difficult time doing. Then, no blood at the scene, and the bodies were about bled out. And it goes on and on....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top