Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 8:40:33 AM EDT
[url]http://www.lowes.com/Lowes/howTo/howtoDocument.asp?ID=excuses[/url]

Go take a look...Lowe's says the safest thing to do is to remove all the firearms from your home.  Yeah right!

Here's what I wrote:

Hello.  I am writing because I want to make you aware of a suggestion under "excuses" on your how-to page. The suggestion I'm referring to recommends that people not keep firearms in their home or if they must, that they be locked up and unloaded.

I just wanted to make you aware of the potential tragedy that may result when people read your recommendations and act on them.  To remove firearms from one's home or lock them up unloaded is precisely what one should NOT do under any circumstances as one will then be helpless to defend one's self and family in the event that an ARMED intruder enters the home.  Murder, rape, assault....these are the types of violent behavior that result when someone attempts to follow your well-meaning but ill-informed suggestions and face an armed attacker without any means to defend themselves.

I know you are as concerned as I am about sending a clear message to your customers that their safety and that of their families is a number one priority.  And of course, the simplest, most efficient, and most effective means of keeping our families safe is through responsible firearms ownership.  The police and home security systems make fine deterrents and are capable of providing assistance AFTER the commission of a violent crime, but, unfortunately they provide little protection in the moments that it takes to for someone to kill or maim a member of your family.  On the other hand, the use of or often simply just producing a firearm can and will end/prevent an attack from occurring.

I thank you for your time and consideration.  I trust you will appreciate the concern your blunder has caused me and the millions of other responsible gun-owning individuals throughout the country who have been made aware of your policy via the internet and various newsgroups and message boards.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Join the club!
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=37345#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I like!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Lowe's or Home Depot?? Pick your poison
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top