BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
F*ck me sideways, C_H.. where did that happen?

My mom is in town this weekend, too.. I think I'll give her an extra hug.

South bound on 26 coming down the hill into Warm Springs about one mile into the canyon.
As you and Patty know, in that area if you go over, its a long ride to the bottom.

On the note of the trailer; The ball plate peeled up from the bed and the structure under the sleeping area of the trailer rolled under causing the trailer to come forward and hit the rear of the truck. It could have come over top very easy. The saftey chains helped keep the trailer behind the truck. Everything did what it was supposed to. It is still hard to believe that she was not injured. I mean even with all the mechanics of it all, a 45-50mph head on can kill, very easy.

We are all very grateful for her safety.
CH

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you all for your kind words and support.
CH
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]

ch - I'm sorry to hear about your pa, and thankful your mom came out alright.  I missed the almost in your topic title and about wigged out when I saw you were the author.  

God bless and take care sir,
-Dave
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My father was killed by a drunk driver when I was sixteen....................................................................

I'll not go into the details.  I'll just say that this event was a turning point in my life.

I'm 43 years old now.  Older than my father lived to be.  I still miss him.

Its unnatural for a father to pass before his son...sorry to hear that
I cant image what it would be like without my dad....much less if he died when i was 16.

Cape_hunter, prayers sent via "knee-mail"  hope ya'll are doing well.  

I have been drinking so correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it expected that father will pass before his son?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My father was killed by a drunk driver when I was sixteen....................................................................

I'll not go into the details.  I'll just say that this event was a turning point in my life.

I'm 43 years old now.  Older than my father lived to be.  I still miss him.

Its unnatural for a father to pass before his son...sorry to hear that
I cant image what it would be like without my dad....much less if he died when i was 16.

Cape_hunter, prayers sent via "knee-mail"  hope ya'll are doing well.  

I have been drinking so correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it expected that father will pass before his son?

Pretty sure he ment before his son had grown. Losing a parent while still a kid must be tough as hell. I know losing one at my age wasnt a picnic.
CH
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ch - I'm sorry to hear about your pa, and thankful your mom came out alright.  I missed the almost in your topic title and about wigged out when I saw you were the author.  

God bless and take care sir,
-Dave

Thanks Dave.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Condolences, etc, glad Mom's okay.

Glad the DD got the worst of it, usually it is the other way around unfortunately.  

DD=Deserves Death.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

South bound on 26 coming down the hill into Warm Springs about one mile into the canyon.
As you and Patty know, in that area if you go over, its a long ride to the bottom.

That's a fact.. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but things like this make you realize just how much every day we get with our loved ones is a gift.

We live two blocks from St. Charles, so I hear every time Air Life gets toned out. As much as I love aviation, it's kind of creepy to realize that every time they go up, someone's life has just changed, big time, and not for the better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top