Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wait a minute...didn't this topic come up a while ago. Remember FLAL1A? You were supposedly psychopolitician #1 and DKProf was psychopolitician #2? Or something like that.

I can't remember the guy's screen name, but he was basically saying something about how banks were stealing money because you couldn't cash a check without paying a fee and he got ripped into by people here for it, as being a tin foil hat conspiracy theory freak.

Maybe I'm forgetting the more tin foil stuff he said though.

ETA: Yes, I'm beginning to remember now...the thread title mentioned something about a tranny...er...tyranny sneaking up behind you

Yeah, but that guy thought it was all a part of some huge conspiracy designed to take away gun rights somehow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
[qoute]
Wachovia is evil.

Period.

+1

I ran away after years of dealing with Central Fidelity with good results. I would deposit my check on Friday around noon and then write check of that deposit the following week. Everything was fine.

Then Wachovia took over and I start bouncing checks!  I asked WTF was happening. They explained that it was their policy to post withdrawals from your account BEFORE they post a deposit.

If that wasn't bad enough, my account wasn't credited for my deposit until 2 business days after I made it. I was thinking my money was in the bank but they held it in limbo until fees would collect.

Screw them, I left!

Bitches.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It was a check drawn on a local Wachovia account.

Well, then that's a load of crap. I think I'd take it up with whoever wrote the check. Depending on what it's for, you could bill whoever wrote it for the remaining $5, or tell them that you will no longer accept checks drawn on Wachovia accounts for payment. I think possibly getting a large account closed because of this policy will get their attention better then bitching at their manager.

The last time I checked, the purpose of a bank check was to give a person some amount of money. The account holder pays through fees and low interest for the privilege of writing checks to people which are good for whatever amount of money is written on the check.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a check drawn on a local Wachovia account.

Well, then that's a load of crap. I think I'd take it up with whoever wrote the check. Depending on what it's for, you could bill whoever wrote it for the remaining $5, or tell them that you will no longer accept checks drawn on Wachovia accounts for payment. I think possibly getting a large account closed because of this policy will get their attention better then bitching at their manager.

The last time I checked, the purpose of a bank check was to give a person some amount of money. The account holder pays through fees and low interest for the privilege of writing checks to people which are good for whatever amount of money is written on the check.

I agree.  Why in the hell would they charge for a check for which they could very easily verify funds and compare signatures?  At the bank I worked at, as long as that could be done and the person had appropriate ID, then it was good to go, for free.  I mean, the bank doesn't charge the Fed to clear the check, right?  Why should it charge individuals?  You should file a complaint.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
b of a is the same way here. Had a couple of checks to cash and they wanted to charge for cashing, even though drawn from a b of a account-i had dealt with b of a for both credit and check/savings in the past, i was in their computer, but since i had closed the accounts they wanted to charge.

Next step. Open an account and deposit said checks- withdraw what you can that day. Come back in a day or 2 withdraw all funds and close the account with the same manager and announce your displeasure with their services.

I'm still fucking with citibank over "mistake" of $220 that they wouldn't refund. 3 years later i smile every month when i get that envelope with postage and a 4 page statement for an acct with 3 bucks in it. I'll get mine out of em yet, fucktards.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Rant] Just cashed a $1500.00 check at the local Wachovia main office. If you're not an accountholder,
[/Rant]

You mean you expected them to perform a service for you w/o you having paid for it?

Do yo go to the Car Wash and expect them to wash your car for free?

If you don't want to pay a service fee then open up a bank account at the bank of your choice and cash the check at your bank.  Banks are business just like your local car wash, gym, or electic company.

Yeah, exactly. I must have missed that amendment, that the right to have checks cashed shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing is free!!
If we all hate banks---do without them.
Or better yet, OWN one or two.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wait a minute...didn't this topic come up a while ago. Remember FLAL1A? You were supposedly psychopolitician #1 and DKProf was psychopolitician #2? Or something like that.

I can't remember the guy's screen name, but he was basically saying something about how banks were stealing money because you couldn't cash a check without paying a fee and he got ripped into by people here for it, as being a tin foil hat conspiracy theory freak.

Maybe I'm forgetting the more tin foil stuff he said though.

ETA: Yes, I'm beginning to remember now...the thread title mentioned something about a tranny...er...tyranny sneaking up behind you

Ahhh...   you speak of frdmftr, affectionaly known by me as Fred Mufter.

The issue at hand there was that FredMufter was largely a lunatic. His position was that you should be able to take a check written by a person off.... say a Bank of America account...    then walk into..... say a Washington Mutual....   and have them cash it for free with a smile and while kissing your ass.

Flally's point is that his client wrote him a check drawn off a Wachovia account and Wachovia wouldn't cash it without charging him a service fee. Which to me is as good as Wachovia saying that they don't trust themselves to cash that check.

napalm (psychopolitician #47)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top