Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Southern Rising:
Remind me again, what was the point[?]

[>:/]
View Quote

The point?  Who among us does not love Jesus?  You know, those of us who are, according to ARlady, "wrong".  Wrong?  Even though it is our [b]RIGHT[/b] under the Constitution to believe and worship or not, as we please.

I could be wrong, I'm big enough to admit it.  Maybe I will end up in Hell, a lake of fire, my etheral senses overwhelmed by the smell of brimestone and the screams of my fellow lost souls, my lips pulled back, mouth wide open, screaming an anguished, horrendous, pitiful, never ending, angonized wail.  My whole essense, my entire spiritial being, racked and convulsed by unimaginable sorrow and pain.  Why?  Because Jesus loves me, that's why!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, ok, so this is a thread for everyone to brag that they don't love Jesus.  Glad to know it wasn't started for a flame war.

BTW, as I think ARlady has made clear, Christians(and Athiests, and Jews, and Muslims, ect.) hold views which contradict other belief systems.  Thus, both systems cannot be "right".
If one belief is true, the nature of its truth eliminates the others.  

If Athiests are correct, then God doesn't exist, so Christians can't be right.  And vise versa. Get it?

I am a believer, and I have many friend of differing or no faiths.  It really is an issue of personal freedom to me, so long as both parties are respectful.

My original comment was aimed at the futility of this thread towards any constructive purpose by the time I read it at the end of page 2.  In regards to respect for one another, I think both sides are WRONG.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So....lets see, the antis cheer and capitalize whenever they see disention in the ranks. So glad to see you doing your part to start a pissing contest. If you dissagree,fine. say so. It is your right to have a differing opinion right or wrong.
I've got a great idea! Let's move on.
View Quote

I've got a great question! Why didn't you post this on the "Sound off if you love Jesus" thread too?
Just one more person that should look up the "H" word.
View Quote

Well my friend I've got a great answer.I didn't post ANYTHING on the other sound off thread, I did read it though.
Why start another thread on the same subject just to have a tit-for-tat argument. Why couldn't everyone ether for,against or neutral post on the origional thread,be done with it,and move on.
You seem prety pissed off about this subject, I don't know you so I don't know why.[>:/]
The way I see it,NOBODY is ramming ANYTHING down your or anyone elses throat.

You seem to be prety liberal with the hypocryte label, maybe you should look up the meaning in the dictionary.

I still stand by my origional post about mving on, so i won't respond to this thread again.

See ya in a different thread.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]

BTW, as I think ARlady has made clear, Christians(and Athiests, and Jews, and Muslims, ect.) hold views which contradict other belief systems.  Thus, both systems cannot be "right".
If one belief is true, the nature of its truth eliminates the others.  

If Athiests are correct, then God doesn't exist, so Christians can't be right.  And vise versa. Get it?
View Quote

No, I do not get it.  We all wear shoes.  Imagine me telling you, "Here, wear my shoes, your shoes are the wrong shoes, no really, wear mine."
My shoes more than likely would not fit you, because they are MINE.  Yours are right for you, mine for me.  That's why you chose them.  You have a right to wear the shoes that fit you.  It is only common sense.  If I keep pushing my shoes at you, badgering you to wear them, you will become resentfull.  It is inevitable.  You will eventually lash out whenever I mention those damned shoes.  Right or wrong?  Not even close to being relevant.

My shoes are just right for me.  GET OVER IT!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't belive in anything but myself.
Jesus believed in one thing, Christians practice another. You people sit in large gold filled churches all devoted to Jesus and our lord while listening to a father read that Jesus told everyone to worship god in their own way and that you dint need huge churches and statues to be surrounded by god. Jesus was on a mission of love but the Christians that came after him where responsible for huge wars, from the crusade to WW2. I don't belive that Jesus actually existed, but if he did he would cry right now at all the sins those have done in his name and will continue doing.

btw: fu*k jesus, fu*k god they both can suck my salty nuts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The shoe analogy doesn't fit.

I'm discussing beliefs.  If I believe my shoes exist, and you don't, that will not change the coverings of my feet.  There are absolutes; either the shoes exist or are in my imagination.
But your disbelief in my shoes doesn't cause them to cease to exist, any more than my believing I have shoes will keep my bare feet from getting cut when I step on broken glass.

Let me make it simple, either God exists or he doesn't.  See? Simple.  There is an absolute. You cannot change the truth, one way or another.

If you don't love Jesus, fine.  Believe what you  want.  I do see your point about having things shoved down your throat.  As I said in my previous post, I can be accepting of people, no matter what they believe.  

I just want to point out that you're doing the same thing you say you dislike in others.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:43:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the peron who started this thread and various other contributors (who i won't mention) clearly want to antagonize those of us who are Christians.  This thread would be the same as someone saying "who doesn't like queers?".  
View Quote

Well no.  If the guy who started the thread had titled it "Who doesn't like Christians?" I would agree that it was in bad taste.  But he did not. He titled it "Sound off if you don't love Jesus" to make equal time for nonbelievers after someone else started one titled "Sound Off if you love Jesus."
So your whole post is based on a false premise and  can be ignored.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#9]
i had not seen the inital "sound off if you love Jesus" thread, so i will admit that the thread that was titled "sound off if you don't love Jesus" might not have been started out of the blue to antagonize the Christians on this board.  

however, i will take issue with the critisism of Christians.  none are perfect, and anyone who thinks that because they are a Christian they are better than the non-saved...they are just missing the point.  the joy and benifit that comes from being a Christian is knowing that if you truely repent of your sins, they can be forgiven because of the price Christ paid on the cross.  it not about religion, nor about the church you attend.  all that is important is that you know Christ dies for your sins.  once you know that that you should strive to serve Him by helping others and tring to fight the temptations of sin in your life.  

a fundamental part of Christianity is the teaching of the Word.  some peopel are much more agressive than others.  in my mind there is only one way to find eternal life...and that is through Christ.  if you don't want to believe that, i'm not going to get mad or condem you to hell.  i've done my part by telling you the way, if you reject it, well that is a choice you have made of your own free will.  

i'll never say that Christians are perfect or that they are better than other non-believers.  i am sure that soem do hold this position, but they are wrong.  we are all Gods children, and he love each of us the same.  from the most dedicated follower to the slimiest of skum.  the kicker is, God can't allow a sinful person into Heaven, that is why he set Christ to earth.  someone who was perfect in all aspect who was sacraficed to  wash away our sins.  God so loved us that He gave us and easy (and the only way) to gain a place with Him in Heaven.  

i will just reiterate my first post, if you haven't accepted Christ, try not to have a hard heart to the Gospel.  don't be one of these peopel who rejoys in denouncing Christ and God.  if you leave your heart open, the Holy Spirit wil speak to you...but only when you are ready to recieve It.  sloth        
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#10]
"I have no problem with God.  It's his fan club I can't stand."
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I respect anyones who is an athiest and their views, but I have a question for you. If their is no God, then how did the universe get here?
Big Bang? I can be a christian and a realist at the same time and I realize that something as vast and complex as the universe didn't just pop up out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is a god damn discussion board - it's the whole idea.
View Quote

This profanity.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#13]
First realize that G*d is. Simple as that. Religion is man trying to understand him/herself, those around us and a higher power.
Whether you believe in Jesus as a teacher, the divine son, or a charlton, it does not change G*d.
Much of religion is to bring the peole up a step. A step to enable them to gain more understanding. I have had many conversations with  clerics of other faiths. You would be surprised that they are all very similar. But those they minister to, could not understand the true depth.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a god damn discussion board - it's the whole idea.
View Quote

This profanity.
View Quote

if you call that profanity X-Kill you have been hanging around nuns tooo much in your life.

Note the spelling of DAMN....the N makes it nice and pollite..

As for god....well I always use lower case to spell that word as Capitals are reserved for Proper names......and to me it does not qualify as such.

If you want Profanity....hang around a bunch of 6th graders....your ears will surely BURN!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't believe in god. Just believe in myself.
For the person that asked how the universe was made if not by god, the thing is that we don't really know, we have theories which may or may not be close to being correct. Our technology is not advanced enough to reveal all things to us yet. Does not mean we have to make up gods to explain them. Why isn't it enough to say "we don't know". You don't know either. You "think" god made the universe, truth is, you don't know either. Thinking you know something is not the same as really knowing. Some pacific islanders "knew" that there is a god on their island which hurls liquid fire when it is angered. The ignorant (not an insult, just a term that means lack of knowledge) call it a god, we call it a volcano.

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I respect anyones who is an athiest and their views, but I have a question for you. If their is no God, then how did the universe get here?
Big Bang? I can be a christian and a realist at the same time and I realize that something as vast and complex as the universe didn't just pop up out of nowhere.
View Quote

No? We would rather believe that a mystical being, residing in a place unseen and only proven in faith and not in actuality waved a magic fucking wand and *POOF* there it was...in six days of course....even for the all mighty god these things take time? Face it fairy tales make more sense and more believable.

For what it is worth I did not post in the "other" thread either. I allowed the self rightous to wallow in their own glory in peace without infringing on their little bible thumping party. But, not surprisingly, the christians can not help themselves but to try to save us poor sinners in this thread. The show ananlogy was on target. Bible thumper can not stand to have someone else even mention that they do not believe. I think they are so insecure in their weak theories...and that is all theology is...a theory that they can not stand the thought that they may be having smoke blown up their collective asses by the teachings of the all holy bible.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I am guilty of posting on the "other thread".  Why???  Well I finally "snapped" after considering the reaction on other similar athiest based threads in the past......

The best defense is a good offense.....( not that I was trying to be offensive).
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
God, the antis must be loving this!

(Pun intended):)
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But, not surprisingly, the christians can not help themselves but to try to save us poor sinners in this thread. The show ananlogy was on target. Bible thumper can not stand to have someone else even mention that they do not believe. I think they are so insecure in their weak theories...and that is all theology is...a theory that they can not stand the thought that they may be having smoke blown up their collective asses by the teachings of the all holy bible.
View Quote

Yup, that and the whole point system thing for getting into heaven, I'm pretty sure sitting idly while someone mentions he is an atheist counts negative points. Trying to convert them even if failing in that effort still adds points. Oh and the big one I forgot about a lot of it's done out of guilt for some deep dark secret(s) in their past that they've never spoken about to anyone that they keep repressing and pushing down inside themselves. Next time someone trys to tell me I'm wrong I'm going to hell and I need to convert to what they think I'm going to ask about what they stole who they murdered or who they molested that they have to make up to themselves and their god by trying to change me. HA!

If anyone knows what ERGOTISM is, keep in mind that's what was going on in that part of the world when the bible was written.

Edited because screw this holding myself to a higher standard stuff, if you all can't let a topic sit around that doesn't concern you without jumping in and insulting people, prepare to have it returned in kind. You can't offend the beliefs of one who has none, but we damn sure know how to easily return it and know that it will offend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top