Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd agree W-G, but the qualifications in my sentence would clear the duped agent who missed the raid planning meeting and just happened to go to a circus-shoot rather than a normal day at the office. I'm sure there was criminality prior the end of the initial contact, but any agent worth his salt and honor would have quit on the spot. Any that stayed are murderers.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd agree W-G, but the qualifications in my sentence would clear the duped agent who missed the raid planning meeting and just happened to go to a circus-shoot rather than a normal day at the office. I'm sure there was criminality prior the end of the initial contact, but any agent worth his salt and honor would have quit on the spot. Any that stayed are murderers.

OK. How many quit?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]

1 Sten submachine gun

Aren't Stens considered SBRs? They have like what, a 4" barrel? Why isn't that under the "Illegal Weapons Recovered". Was it one of those stockless ones.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
..Exactly, WG.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
..Exactly, WG.

That's why I modified your post.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I was being tongue in cheek about the duped agent thing because if prosecutions had ever seen the light of day, there would be a lot of agents who were "just following orders" or those that got caught up in a "raid gone wrong"...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
See where this thread is heading.... to the unintelligent isle.

There is no way will I make Koresh or the BDs out to be heroes and the ATF agents to be the bad guys or vice versa. There is by far enough blame to go around on both sides.

Semper Fi,
ASO544
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I'm sure the infants and toddlers did their share to rain blunt-force-trauma and cyanide poisoning on themselves.

Dude, Janet Reno herself admitted that they purposely tortured the babies and young children in an attempt to motivate the parents to "surrender". Which would have been impossible considering that FBI was hosing them with a machine gun nest at one point.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude, Janet Reno herself admitted that they purposely tortured the babies and young children in an attempt to motivate the parents to "surrender". Which would have been impossible considering that FBI was hosing them with a machine gun nest at one point.

Those weren't muzzle-flashes on thermal imaging. What you saw were sun-spots and reflections off shards of glass.

The government agents were welcoming everyone who wanted to leave the building as it burned to the ground.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As for the whole incident, I don't care if they had a damn missile launcher buried in there, the feds had no business being there. The warrant was for one fucking man, Vernon Howell, who made appearances at a restaurant in town every other day to eat like clockwork. All they had to do was go there and waiting for him with two or three agents. That is it. They did NOT need to go commando on the entire ranch

It was also a search warrant for the "ranch/compound". That is what the initial raid was about. I think they should have arrested Howell/Koresh outside of the compound then executed the search warrant. This might have "taken the wind out of the BD's sails" without their "spiritual leader around". The concern was BDs would be expecting the ATF when they came, but in the end, they were anyway.

Semper Fi,
ASO544

hmmm ok. well I stand corrected.

ETA: are you sure the warrant was for the ranch as well? Anyone know where to find a copy of it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Imagine the outcry and media condemnation if it had been John Ascroft taking out a mosque full of children.  

Just remember, Bush is not perfect, BUT WE CANNOT AFFORD TO HAVE ANOTHER CLINTON IN THE WHITEHOUSE!!!!

sorry to disagree, I voted for bush both times, I feel completely betrayed over the illegal alien invasion
that he is actually HELPING, at this point I would rather vote for a third party
even if it means(it most likly will) that the dems will win.............
what good is it having the republicans in power if they still flush the country down the drain

fwiw: I always voted republican, starting 25 years ago I would vote for democrat judges or
other offices if I thought they had a good job record, starting with the clinton election
I started voting straight republican ticket, now..........I will not be voting republican for the foreseeable future...........
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top