Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I was about 13 or 14 years of age, at a friends house messin' with his German Shepherd, he was a little over 2 years of age. I will never forget the look in his eyes when he decided to CHOMP DOWN on my left arm, just then my friend intervened and the Shep was off me. I suffered a 1 inch gash which took 6 stitches to close. Lesson: Don't F#@$%K with dogs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Me and the wife came home from a late movie. A strange dog was sitting in our yard when I pulled into the driveway. We pulled around the back side of the house. As we got out of the car the dog came around the opposite side of the house at a dead run, barking and barring its teeth.
Shot it dead with Berretta 92. It was well past midnight and I was sure one of the nieghbors would have called the cops. About 10 min later a county sheriffs car pulls intot he drive and asked what was going on. I repeated what happened. The deputy called animal control and they hauled off the carcass. I called them about a week later and found out it had rabies.

Good DEAL!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
One time.  It is amazing what 2 Speer Gold Dot 115 Grain +p rounds will do to a Rott
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi everybody (first post)hewedBut the most amazing incident is one where I was not hurt.
One of my ex-neighbors has a German shepherd.
I went to his house for something and I met a cavern of teeth dripping with salvia.
I ran for my life and was losing.
Then the dog stopped about 70 yards from the neighbors house at a line of yellow tape.
It was like there was an invisible force field or something.
I found out later that the dog was trained as a security dog and part of his training was to attack anything that came inside the premiter that was designated by this special tape.
I didn’t know that dogs could be trained in such a way so accurately. hock.gif
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow.
Extremely terrifying! Like Mejames, even mean dogs are usually nice to me.
Looks like a good kick, letting it grab your forearm, strangling/snapping it's neck or bustin' a cap in it works pretty well.
I'll forget trying to punch the deranged beast.

Quoted:
Yes.

I was out looking at a house many years ago. The neighbors across the street had two pit bulls that they didn't keep chained or pinned.

The owners were not home as we visited the house. The dogs were just roaming around.

I got out of the driver side and was making my way around behind the car as my (now ex) wife was getting out of the car and getting her son (my former step son) out of the back seat. He was approx 3 at the time.

The dogs charged from out of their yard, across the street and were in full speed for us.

I pushed her back into the car and went over the hood to get back to the driver side.

About the same time, the owner of the house we were visting, who just happened to be the mayor of the small time and a deputy sheriff with a larger county arrived. He beelined for the house next door.

The neighbor and the mayor both returned, armed with hunting rifles. They had called animal control while in the house. By that time, the dogs had retreated back across the street into their own yard.

As we waited for animal control to arrive, we began to relax. I had rolled the window to the car (still parked in the driveway) down and began to talk to the mayor as well as 'meet' my potential new neighbor. The mayor and the neighbor both remained 'on station' but had began to relax a bit as well.

For some reason, I still don't know why, the dogs charged again. Each time this had happened, it was at full speed, growling with teeth beared.

The first one caught 30.06 round dead center of the head less than 5 feet from the rear of my car. He was dead instantly. The second one took a round center mass of the chest, right between the front shoulders and just below the neck. It dropped him in full stride.

What amazed me was that the second dog stood back up (he slid probably 5 feet across the street from the momentum of his charge), looked at us, slowly walked back across the street, stopped, looked and growled, and slowly went down the hill and into the house.

We never saw him again.

When animal control showed up, we told the guy where the second dog was. He slowly approached the house and found the dog inside. He was dead in the living room, appearently bled out.

The worst part was that the owner's showed up after the animal control guy to find their dogs dead and the mayor standing there with a hunting rifle in hand. Not having seen any of what had transpired over the previous 15-20 minutes, they of course blamed everyone around from the mayor to us for what had happened.

It scared the shit out of me. I will never forget it. This of course was before I had my CCW.

Terrifying. This one reminds me of Cujo.

I was spooked for a good 1-2 hours afterwards. After seeing a dog take a round COM from a 30.06 and stand back up, I wanted NO part of it. I can't tell you what it felt like to stand there and watch the animal control guy slowly walk through the door of that house, armed only with the pole with the loop/neck lasso, only to come back out a few minutes later dragging the dead dog behind him by the pole. Dogs have sorta' freaked me out ever since.

I have to admit that I have never heard of a kid or elderly person being mauled to death by a cat or a parakeet. There has to be something to that.

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs, but I admit that I am guilty of 'profiling' certain breeds. I just don't trust some of them. The first thing that goes through my mind with certain breeds is "when will it snap and go off"?

I never turn my eyes away from them. I don't turn my back to them either. I don't show them fear. I try to teach my kids to do the same.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't lay claim to being in the line of fire like GirlWithGuns the vet but my line of work, telco, I've had my share though fortunately never bitten.

A few come to mind

Went on a repair call at a farm & knocked on the screen door of a breezeway that lead out to the garage.  Loud barking from inside started & got louder at the LARGE German Shepard came charging into the door.  I put my hand on the screen door frame foolishly thinkin' that was gonna stop him
The dog stopped barked a few times, looked to his left and ran out through an OPEN garage door & was now facing me down.  The only thing I could do was back away slowly keeping eye contact.  The Shepard did his job & backed me all the way to my truck barking loud the whole time.

The other memorable time involved two of us.  We were out on a barried cable lead filing service peditals with p-gravel.  I was riding shotgun & I'd open the pedistal & the driver (an experienced splicer) would grab a bucket of gravel & dump the stone in.  I'd close the ped back up & off we'd go down the road to the next one.  
As we rolled up to a ped in front of a house the splicer said "You've only got 10 seconds to get this one done and be back in the truck.  Roll your window up & be sure to leave your door open."
I (a greenhorn) had no idea what he was talking about but did as I was told.  I twisted the wrench to open the ped & the splicer was already there QUICKLY dumping gravel.  He said "Ya better hurry" as he ran the 20 feet back around the truck....laughing.  As I went to close the cover on the ped I saw what the need for speed was all about.  An extra large German Shepard was on a dead run straight at me from the house.  I just made it in the truck and swung the door shut as he HIT THE SIDE OF THE TRUCK.  Then jumped on the hood of the truck! The dog was not pleased with our being on his planet.

I said "I didn't get the cover all the way on"

The old splicer said "Well go ahead, I'll wait"

That took the edge off, we both had a good laugh & headed to town for a cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been nibbled on a couple of times once when I was about three, dog bit me in the face it was a mutt.  Second time was two years ago, there is a black chow that roams the neighborhood without a care from its drunken owner.  I was in the garage and it came around the corner and lunged at me, a swift kick and some yelling and it went away.  Later that summer it killed one of my cats, and it got the other one this summer.  After speaking with animal control there has been numerous calls to police and animal control about this dog.  I was instructed by an officer to SSS*. I have had a few attempted  bites while walking and riding my bike, also at work (construction estimator)so I am not without some sort of weapon.  

*Shoot Shovel Shutup
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Get mauled every time I come home by this monster..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes...I was once bitten buy a Doberman Pincher. I now know why they call them a "Pincher."

Their front teeth are curled towards the rear, and once they bite...they're "attached" to
their prey. Oh yes...you can yank, and attempt to pry yourself away. (it does more damage)

If it weren't for the Vet that was already present, and tending to the horses...
I'd have been SHIT OUT OF LUCK!

The bite will eventually heal...but the nerve damage is "BRUTAL."
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
About 15 years ago I lived outside a small town in North Idaho.  We lived off a county road (dirt) and I used to ride my dirt bike from my place down to the local grocery store (about 5 miles).  A neighbor about a mile down the road had a shepherd/mastiff/pit-bull mix that chased everything that drove by on the road (cars, trucks, bikes, tractors, if it moved the dog chased it).  I had the dog knock me off the dirt bike one day by running along side and grabbing a hold of my boot.  The crash resulted in about $200 damage to the bike not to mention my scrapes cuts and torn Levis etc.  I told the dog’s owner that the next time the dog ran me down would be the last time it happened.  The jerk said to me why don't you take another road to the store the dog is just being a dog.  

About two weeks later I was coming home from the store on my dirt bike when the dog took out after me again.  I stopped the bike on the road in front of the guys house, pulled out my Ruger single six 22 mag and put two shots in the dogs head.  The guy comes out of the house and says he's calling the sheriff and going to have me arrested yada, yada, yada.  The sheriff arrived at my place about an hour later and asked me if I had killed the dog. I told him yes I shot the dog.  The sheriff said "Good! That's the last time I'll have to come out this way and listen to folks bitch about that damn dog chasing them.  Thanks have a good day you just made mine".  Never heard another word about it again from anyone.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Get mauled every time I come home by this monster..
img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture080.jpg

Same here (although I don't have pics). My dog must have at least a half hour of excited chew and rassle time when I get home. He's half Rott, half Shep, 120 lbs, and 100% my best buddy!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We were out on a barried cable lead filing service peditals with p-gravel.  

I think you meant "out on a buried cable lead, filling service pedestals with pea gravel", right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We were out on a barried cable lead filing service peditals with p-gravel.  

I think you meant "out on a buried cable lead, filling service pedestals with pea gravel", right?

yea that's what he said!

Every time I run past the neighbor's house, their little weiner dog chases me and barks his little yippy head off until he runs out of breath. He goes back home and then waits to do it again when I come back. Other than that, I get along with most dogs better'n people.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
As a little boy, every dog was my friend.  I don't know how many times I brought home some friendly dog I'd encountered while walking home from school.

Then at age 11 I became a paperboy.  All of a sudden I was on every dog's most wanted list.  They all wanted a piece of me.  I've outrun several, including a German Sheppard.  I could never do that now, but at the time I was a cross country runner.

There was a Rhodesian Ridgeback in one area that harrassed me constantly.  I'd put my bike between me and the dog and it wouldn't try to get past the barrier.  One day I didn't have my bike when the Ridgeback charged, with it's head down and teeth bared.  All I could do was draw out a Sunday paper for defense.  The bugger lunged for my throat and I was barely able to get the newspaper in it's mouth before it hit me.  The impact still knocked me on my back.  Fortunately some people showed up and the dog backed off at that point.

This behavior from the dog continued for a long time in a yuppy neighborhood.  The police wouldn't do anything about it because the owner trained police dogs.  Finally the county "exiled" the dog.  Yes, this was California so of course the owner was never held responsible.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of this advice works with a dog with weak nerves, the first time you meet up with one with good nerve or a little training you are in for a world of hurt though.

Right. I know Greywolf suggested snapping the dogs neck and all, but what if the dog's neck is 2 times the size of yours?

Shoot it before it gets to you.  Other than that.....you're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#16]
yeah, as a kid, by a big dog, drew blood, too bad kids can't have guns
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#17]
seen the funniest near dog attack.  was following a construction worker that was rideing a motorcycle.  this big mutt came running out of the ditch full speed at the m/c.  the rider grabbed the head of a frameing hammer and beaned the mutt on the head with the handle.  mutt rolled a few times than walked away.  wonder if the dog ever chased anything after that.

had a good reversal against a nieghbors mutt last year.  was late fall and was helping nieghbor finish corn harvesting.  was cold and had a carhart jacket and thick leather gloves on.  dog bit my right hand between the thumb and index finger.  I grabbed the dogs jaw and pulled down and to the side, ended up dislocating the mutts jaw.  now when I am there the dog does a 180 when he sees me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
ASPed a few, they do the Jerry Lewis dance while their brain is trying to reset. It's sad, but funny.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
...The best reaction, I've found, is to stare the dog straight in the eye, and in a cold, even voice, explain to the dog that if he doesn't un-ass himself in the next three seconds I WILL fuck him up. The dog might not understand the actual words, but he gets the tone of voice and the body language in no uncertain terms. In every case, the dog has either backed down completely or simply given me the space I need to leave rather than press the issue...

I work with Rotties (rescue volunteer), and own two.  What Swindle1984 posted works like a charm.  With many dogs, attacks are preceded by warning signs.  Humans that don't pay attention to the signs get bit.  Humans that recognize them and "walk the talk" don't get bit.

If you know the signs and project the body language, most dogs (even them "big, mean, man-eating Rock-wilder dogs ) get the hint, and become pussycats immediately.

I've been bitten once in my lifetime.  It was sheepdog, I was 4, and I was chasing the owners' kid on a big-wheel.  Got me on the knee.  A few stitches, some light scarring, and strangely, it never really affected my relationship with dogs.  I was out playing with the neighbor's GSD the next day.

That said, I do tend to be "on guard" around sheep dogs or any dog with hair over it's eyes.  The eyes tell you so much that it's hard to gauge a sheep dog's intentions.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of this advice works with a dog with weak nerves, the first time you meet up with one with good nerve or a little training you are in for a world of hurt though.

Right. I know Greywolf suggested snapping the dogs neck and all, but what if the dog's neck is 2 times the size of yours?

Shoot it before it gets to you.  Other than that.....you're screwed.

Easier said than done. It's not that easy to place a good hit or two on a charging dog.
Tie 60 feet of string to  a gallon milk jug with some small rocks in it.
Then have your buddy stand beind you and reel that string in as fast as he can while you try and shoot the jug. This was suggested by someone else on this board and I tried it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to have a paper route when I was 10...there was one house with a german shepherd.  I was only supposed to collect from them once a month.  

I had a buddy go with me one day, and while I was writing stuff in the book, we walked back onto the sidewalk. He went up to the next house, and I looked up, it was the one I was only supposed to do once a month.  He had already knocked on the door, but I said, "don't worry about that one, we don't have to do it now". Right about then, the little kid that lived there opened the door, and the dog came right out the door...bit my friend on the arm, and then got me in the ass about 50 yards away, 'cos I was HOOFING it on down the road.  

Turns out the dog had been donated to the DC police, trained, then given back to the family when an orthopeadic problem was discovered in one of it's back legs.  

I probably still have the 4 puncture wounds in my ass from the canine teeth, if anyone wants to check.  

I was in mortal fear of having to get rabies shots, but the guy had all the paperwork, etc.  My dad was PISSED over this, but kinda mellowed out when he heard the guy's white trash hard luck story.  

My buddy was lucky, he had the paper bag (not made of paper, the one paper boys carry), and managed to get a lot of that into the dogs mouth, so I dont' recall that it drew any blood.  Even through my jeans and u-trou, it punctured me pretty good, and there was enough blood for me.  

It was kinda sore to sit for a few days, and I had to get a tetanus shot.  It didn't scar me mentally, though, I still like dogs.  

Working for the power company, though, I learned to carry a set of 9" Kleins in my back pocket, in case I ran into a rambunctious one.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Bite by a cocker on the left forearm.  Damn thing hurt like hell.  After the dog realized that I was still not afraid of him and in the process of choking the life right out of him before I was dragged off he and I became buddies.

Next case, older sister and her daughter had been having some kind of dog that kinda looked like a collie and lab mixed with rott color patterns and tones that would on occasion keep them in the house.  Had the SO come out on several occasions and try a deal with the dog.  This is in Mississippi were they have been planting pine tree forest for the last 15 yrs and she lives close enough to one to have pine needles in here yard.  Once the dog leaves into the thicket it is gone.  

I was their on a visit when she was explaining this to me and decided to go back out to my truck and retrieve my glock 19 in just in case.  While on my way out to the vehicle I had the dog come from the pine tree forest and start walking parallel with me growling.  I was trying to keep my distance (about 20') but all of a sudden it was on.  I was trying to pull a MOD razorback from my back with my right arm and fend the dog off with my left.  

I made two DESPERATE slashes with the MOD and ended the encounter with several stitches.  

The next was a black lab that had to weigh close to 150lbs.  Not the tallest lab I have even seen but the fattest one I have ever laid eyes on.  My little 8 month old blond female pit was with me for a bathroom break outside and while she was doing her business here comes this lab across my yard.  There was a street light but it was still dark and after repeated warnings and screams this dog did the old raise up on hind legs and float great distances with incredible speed while jaws were snapping like a machine.

I had just come back from deer hunting and had my weapon of choice a M29 Mountain gun and the 210gr silver tip slammed him down.  It had closed about 15 to 20 feet before I could bring the pistol up from by my leg.  I had already drawn it upon seeing the animal.  Not sure if he was after me or my pup but either way he was not getting either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
as a vet, i am certainly in the line of fire all the time...

as for me, the worst mauling i sustained was from a gerbil...that's right, a fucking gerbil...when they bite, they bite  hard, draw blood and bite again...it was a rather pathetic situation

The EXACT same thing happened to me at work. I was trying to do an exam when the little rodent bit me to the bone and held on to my right index finger. Every time I tried to pry him off, he ground his teeth back and forth on the bone- that feeling makes me weak in the knees thinking about it even now. After several people were unable to help me, I eventually shoved my off-hand fingers between his molars and popped him loose.

I just went to my knees and shook while I treated my hand.

As for dogs, I've been attacked by several, but am averaging an actual bite about every 2 years. Weighing 225 and wearing a size 13 shoe are real advantages when defending yourself (and your employees) against the bad ones. Worst ever was a big Shar-Pei. It was fine until I tried to put it in a cage for boarding, and then it came after me. He wound up on the losing end, but it was neck and neck for a couple of minutes. That dog was not invited back to stay again.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Working for the power company, though, I learned to carry a set of 9" Kleins in my back pocket, in case I ran into a rambunctious one.  

What is a 9" Klein?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#26]
it's kind of funny that this topic would come up. i sprayed a charging dog with FOX last night. FOX RULES!!! the dog imeadiatly turned and ran back into its yard, and the last i saw it was laying on it's back, rubbing it's face in the grass. the owner was standing in her yard. she put her hands on her hips, looked at the dog, and said "i told you to come back. that's what you get for not listening."
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I was bitten by a pit bull while making a service call back in Feb.  Told the lady of the house I was going in the back yard and she said ...fine no problem as she was yelling at her grandkids. As I walked around the edge of the trailer I saw a large semi circular area with no grass and a large bowl and water dish. My mind was saying there's a dog here and about that time a 70 lb or so Pit materialized from thin air in front of me. He attacked me and I remember knocking him down at least twice as I backpedaled away from him. He was tied with a thin steel cable and I was praying I didn't fall over something before I got to the end of that line.

I didn't know he had bit me until I got away from him and saw the blood all over his face.  I had a puncture wound on my ring finger and my thumb was crushed.  The end bone was broken into four pieces and the thumb was split from the nail up to the tip and down past the nail bed to the right side.

Six months later it's still dead from the bottom of the old nail area up to the tip and around to the pad on the back side. Workman's comp called it a 3% amputation. There is also a piece of bone missing from the tip.

They had been using this dog to hunt hogs so my little encounter could have been lot worse.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, a Dalmation in 1978.

myitinaw
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...The best reaction, I've found, is to stare the dog straight in the eye, and in a cold, even voice, explain to the dog that if he doesn't un-ass himself in the next three seconds I WILL fuck him up. The dog might not understand the actual words, but he gets the tone of voice and the body language in no uncertain terms. In every case, the dog has either backed down completely or simply given me the space I need to leave rather than press the issue...

I work with Rotties (rescue volunteer), and own two.  What Swindle1984 posted works like a charm.  With many dogs, attacks are preceded by warning signs.  Humans that don't pay attention to the signs get bit.  Humans that recognize them and "walk the talk" don't get bit.

If you know the signs and project the body language, most dogs (even them "big, mean, man-eating Rock-wilder dogs ) get the hint, and become pussycats immediately.

I've been bitten once in my lifetime.  It was sheepdog, I was 4, and I was chasing the owners' kid on a big-wheel.  Got me on the knee.  A few stitches, some light scarring, and strangely, it never really affected my relationship with dogs.  I was out playing with the neighbor's GSD the next day.

That said, I do tend to be "on guard" around sheep dogs or any dog with hair over it's eyes.  The eyes tell you so much that it's hard to gauge a sheep dog's intentions.

Interesting that you mention that. The dogs I used it on the most were a pair of large rotties and a doberman. It works on just about everything, except the brain-damaged little pirahna dogs.

Those little bastards can be crushed to death by my big toe, but they won't fucking quit attacking!

I suppose it's wrong of me to yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!" every time I punt one of the little psychos like a furry football.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:38:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I suppose it's wrong of me to yell
"GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!" every time I punt one of the little psychos like a furry football.

Nah.  I'd say it's perfectly acceptable.

Then again, I've got a neighbor with a shitsu(sp?) that has a napolean complex and an intense desire to tangle with BOTH my dogs.

She refuses to put it on leash, and one of these days, my retractable leash will be, um, "unable" to retract.

ETA:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is a 9" Klein?

I'm guessing he's refering to a pair of large "lineman's pliers":
Klein Jouneyman Series
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I got attacked by a 130LB pure bred German Rotty,it was my dog.2 years old and no signs of this event happening,never hit him or abused him in any way.

One day I made a joke to my wife,and I raised my hands up in laughter.I guess my dog decided I was threatening my wife.He jogged around the coffee table and ran right towards me.He jumped up towards my chest,but I put my arms out in front of me.

When this happened,my first thought was"Why is he attacking me",not "How can I stop this"? The first lunge he made he attached to my right arms.So I had a 130LB dog using all his weight pulling me down by my arm.Rotty's aren't like pits,they pretty much bite,tear then let go.

He let go of the original attack and jumped at me again,the only thing I could do(while in shock from disbelief that my own dog was attacking me) was put my other arm up because my right arm was all fucked up....he did the exact same thing.Bite,tear and let go.Both my arms wore tore up pretty bad and I was in serious pain,so NowI put my hand out to stop this 130LB mouth with big teeth from tearing my arms up some more.

This time he grabbed my hand by the little webbing between your thumb and index finger.This is what he decided to hold on to and what I used to back myself up into my daughters room.I was in my daughters room and trying to shut the door while he was tearing at my hand.Somehow he finally let go and I closed the door onto his head,with all my weight pushing the door closed.His big ass head was chomping at the carpet,it was the most insane thing I have ever seen.A fucking insane dog tearing at the carpet.

I finally closed the door and my wife put on his leash and took him outside.Now the pain really set in.I was bleeding really bad from my arm,stomach and both arms.

67 stitches and a bunch of morphine in the emergency room.I actually passed out while I was waiting in line behind all the immigrants there for free healthcare with colds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I got attacked by a 130LB pure bred German Rotty,it was my dog.2 years old and no signs of this event happening,never hit him or abused him in any way.

One day I made a joke to my wife,and I raised my hands up in laughter.I guess my dog decided I was threatening my wife.He jogged around the coffee table and ran right towards me.He jumped up towards my chest,but I put my arms out in front of me.

When this happened,my first thought was"Why is he attacking me",not "How can I stop this"? The first lunge he made he attached to my right arms.So I had a 130LB dog using all his weight pulling me down by my arm.Rotty's aren't like pits,they pretty much bite,tear then let go.

He let go of the original attack and jumped at me again,the only thing I could do(while in shock from disbelief that my own dog was attacking me) was put my other arm up because my right arm was all fucked up....he did the exact same thing.Bite,tear and let go.Both my arms wore tore up pretty bad and I was in serious pain,so NowI put my hand out to stop this 130LB mouth with big teeth from tearing my arms up some more.

This time he grabbed my hand by the little webbing between your thumb and index finger.This is what he decided to hold on to and what I used to back myself up into my daughters room.I was in my daughters room and trying to shut the door while he was tearing at my hand.Somehow he finally let go and I closed the door onto his head,with all my weight pushing the door closed.His big ass head was chomping at the carpet,it was the most insane thing I have ever seen.A fucking insane dog tearing at the carpet.

I finally closed the door and my wife put on his leash and took him outside.Now the pain really set in.I was bleeding really bad from my arm,stomach and both arms.

67 stitches and a bunch of morphine in the emergency room.I actually passed out while I was waiting in line behind all the immigrants there for free healthcare with colds.

So what did you do with the dog?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I would have eaten his fucking brains just to make me feel better!!! Damn!!!  That is probably the one that sends chills the worse out of all these stories.  It is bad when you have a part of the family go fucking crazy like that! Damn! Damn!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#35]
3 times. Canine puncture wound on the hand, on the leg and third one was just an abrasion bite with no puncture on my ass. First two were as a kid, my dumb ass for trying to break up a dog fight between a german shepard and some other dog.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#36]
When I was about 10 years old, I was walking through the neighborhood and I saw this big fearsome looking dog with a big chain in someone's front yard. I thought he was chained to a tree nearby, but when I walked past he ran at me and I saw that the chain wasn't attached to anything. I ran like crazy and barely escaped without being bit.

I've had dogs chase my motorcycle, but usually running them over solves that problem.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I was bit on the ass when I turned around and shouldn't have. The dog ran and lived.
I put a round of double 00 in a pit that was in my chicken coop, and then the second and third round (hunting gun) through the chest of a Rott that was with him and charging me. Kept coming after the second.  I had to go in and get some clothes on and my Glock (9mm of course) to finish him off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
When I was little my uncle's dog bit me.  It was a shepard.  The trick to a dog attack is let the SOB grab your forearm and show the thing to the back of it's throat.  They can't close their trap, and then wrap your other arm around it's neck and hold on.  You can snap his little flippin neck doing this.  If you let the dog thrash you will get torn up.  Bust his neck quickly.

Kid here saved his brother by ramming his fist down the dogs throat...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I was little my uncle's dog bit me.  It was a shepard.  The trick to a dog attack is let the SOB grab your forearm and show the thing to the back of it's throat.  They can't close their trap, and then wrap your other arm around it's neck and hold on.  You can snap his little flippin neck doing this.  If you let the dog thrash you will get torn up.  Bust his neck quickly.

Sounds like you have been in lost of dog fights.

Nah. But he did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Yeah, but I didn't get a damn mint on my pillow.

I just played rough with my shep.  It worked with him.  Funny look in his eyes when he couldn't bite down father down my arm.  

It will take all of your body weight coming down to break his neck.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#40]
when I was about 4 my grandparents chiwhauwa(sp?)-terrier used to always come after me but I always got away. one time while sittimg on their couch with my dad it came up and latched on to my thumb, my dad knocked it across the room,I thought it was dead, but that thing lived to 17 even though it weighed 50 pounds

around the same time we moved to a new house, one night we went to meet one of our new neighbors, while talking to him one of the other neighbors brought her lab mix(big-ass dog) while talking to my dad she let go of the leash and it came right for me, but my dad grabbed me before it could get to me. this woman must not have liked kids because every time I went outside she would let that dog out, along with two other small dogs which liked to sneak up behind us and try to bite. this went on for a few years untill one night while riding back home one my bike(I was around eight) the dog ran out after me and I just barely got inside.

This last incident was the final straw for my dad, he explained to her that if those dogs ever stepped into our yard again it would be the last time my mom called the cops and when they talked to my neighbor she made up some bs about how I would come and taunt the dog even though I was terrified of it. The cop realized she was full of shit when the dog almost attacked him.

When the cop came back to talk to us he told my dad that he wouldnt even ticket us for discharging a firearm in the city if it came to that. The next day my neighbor had a fence put up and we havent had any probs since
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#41]
In a year and a half ive been attacked 20 times. Ive been bit four times.
So far my record as a professional dog fighter is 16-4  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I was bit a couple of times when I was a paperboy.  Nothing all that serious.  After a while, one of my customer's dogs adoppted me and used to accompany me on my route.   After that I never got bit again.  He once chased four dogs off of a porch where I was supposed to deliver the paper.  Held them in the back yard until I made the delivery.  When I called him he came running up with this "Ain't I the greatest" look on his face.

There were no leash laws back then and Ceasar used to show up every morning when I started out.  A few years later the owner moved back to England and gave me the dog.  Mom was real happy about that one.  Taking him to the vet for the last time when he was sixteen was about the hardest day of my life.  Nothing special, just some sort of mixed beagle, various hounds etc, but a great dog.   Been dead over twenty years but I still miss him.  I think you have one special dog in your life and he was mine

The reason dogs go after paperboys is that owners have a really neat habit of using a rolled up newspaper as a means of discipline.  So now in walks apaperboy with a paper in his hands and they go nuts.  They may put up with getting smacked by a newspaper from their master, but not from a stranger.   Most of my customer who had dogs took the time to intorduce me to their dogs when I collected my route so they were used to me.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I was attacked by my brother's black lab.  It wasn't a bite and run away, it wasn't just a lunge with bared teeth.  The dog literally ran up to me, and clamped down on my arm, and wouldn't let go. It took my dad to pry the dog off of me.  I was 16, still have the scars 20 years later.

We have no idea what set the dog off.  He lived with us, was a great dog.  Not a purebred, though.  We lived in a rural area, and had to take the trash to the dump every weekend.  We'd use the old dog food bags as trash bags once they were empty.  Clyde (the dog) was laying in front of the pile of trash that was waiting to be loaded into the truck.  I was approaching the pile to load it into the truck.  I don't know why, but he felt threatened by me, and attacked.

A couple months later, he bit my brother's best friend.  My brother had him put down after that.

Very Sad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah some mutt when I was squirrel hunting at like 13 or 14.

I hunted squirrels with 12 gauge number 5's

You can guess what happened when he stopped 8 feet from me and did his teeth baring and snarl number..
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Attacked, no.  Bitten, yes, several times.  Shepherd mix once, chihuahua once, and a poodle.

I don't know what constitutes an attack.  I guess the closest thing to being attacked for me was by a shepherd mix.  But even in this case, it was still my fault.  It was my neighbors dog.   The dog had jumped through a window (broke out the glass) and chased a couple of kids.  The kids say they were just walking along the fenceline, but I say they were probably teasing the dog or throwing things at the window.

I was out in front of my house and I saw the dog walking down the street.  I recognized it immediately and called it to me.  The dog came to me, I petted it, and then it took off when the two kids came up the street.  They told me there side of the story, I told them to leave the dog alone and go home.  I should have taken my own advice.  

I walked down to my neighbors house and the dog was sitting on his front porch.  I walked up to the steps and when I reached the top step the dog lunged at me and took hold of my left leg right at my knee.  I pulled back and the dog released me and it backed up.  Hindsight says I should not have approached the dog because it had no way off the porch except through me and it was clearly a little frightened.  I am sure it felt is was just defending itself.

Physical damage to me was minimal, several small puntcures and scrapes, but nothing needing medical attention.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Had an unwelcome dog strolling through my back yard late one evening.... I'd say it was about 2am or so. My dogs dont bark unless something is bothering them, and like any good paranoid assault weapons freak, I took my Bushy out to investigate. What i found was a big black nasty dog trying to stare down my lab. The dogs were doing their whole "Alpha Male" show, which was going fine until the loud report of several rounds of Q3131A leaving my barrel and ripping several holes in this mongrel. Oops, i was just trying to scare him! h.gif Give me credit, i did yell out "Shoo Dog, GET!" a few times before sending him to doggy heaven. NASTY exit wounds, Q3131A makes. Turns out the dog WAS rabid, foamed at the mouth. Only in the free states can you operate an AR-15 in the middle of the night and NOT have the neighbors call the police. Who needs Animal Control departments?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#47]
yeah i was biten. got like 6 stitches and a bunch of rabi shots. dog got put down. it was a mutt
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So what did you do with the dog?

Being that I am not a hunter,I couldn't bring myself to put a slug in his head.I took him to the vet school here (Tufts) and had him put to sleep for good.One of the hardest things I ever done,even though he would have killed me given the chance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Cocker spaniel got me on the shoulder when I was young. I was just standing their and next thing I know the little s#$@ jumped up behind me and bit into my shoulder. Since then I never turn my back to a dog that I dont know.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#50]
is this a shoot or a no-shoot
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top