Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
raise the tax to .. say 2000 for mgs..

Fuck that!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had the funds to sue the federal government for unconstitutionally infringing our 2nd amendment rights. It would take years, lots of dough and harassment from .gov. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is already a bill pending in the house that speaks to the issue more directly.

Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act of 2005

I had lunch today with Gibbons' campaign manager and we talked about it briefly.  I'm going to call his legislative aide in DC tomorrow to get an up to date status.  THIS is the kind of bill that could be used as a vehicle to tack on some "goodies" to.  

Instead of "dreaming" up bills, we should be aware of existing legislation and support them.

Go Rick go.

Too bad we can't get the NRA behind something like this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]

a repeal of the '86 MG ban should be added to every bill the democrats propose. it would be a hell of a "poison pill", and eventually something would come up where it would make it through.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is already a bill pending in the house that speaks to the issue more directly.

Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act of 2005

I had lunch today with Gibbons' campaign manager and we talked about it briefly.  I'm going to call his legislative aide in DC tomorrow to get an up to date status.  THIS is the kind of bill that could be used as a vehicle to tack on some "goodies" to.  

Instead of "dreaming" up bills, we should be aware of existing legislation and support them.

Any more details?

This sounds like a bill to get behind.

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't attach it to a good bill that's already looking to pass. It's a good thing to do, but let's not screw PLCA.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top