Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I did it.  I put bricks behind the rear tires and got in the back and pushed and got it rocking.  Then Will helped and we got it over the edge.  BLAH - is it too early to start drinking?

Patty

Wish I could start drinking
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
push with the thighs.  Put some butt into it girl!!!  Come on, you can do it!  Heave ho!

Get a neighbor to help if you need it.  

Hey! Perse...let's market this manuever as the "Carmaster"

Or...oooh we can say it'll give ya a <borrowing from the Brits' slang for bum> "Trunk of Steel"

Patty...just be in it in a sexy nightie when he gets home and all will be good

Yeah, that'll work........  I should have known better.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mens Rules #1. If it is in the garage it is off limits

EXCELLENT point!
(That's where the shovels and lawnmower and all the tools and crap I don't wanna touch are stored!)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You got it in the garage but did you get it back into park?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Push with the thighs.    Put some butt into it girl!!!    Come on, you can do it!    Heave ho!   Get a neighbor to help if you need it.  

I think this statement would make a nice sigline...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Push with the thighs.  Put some butt into it girl!!!  Come on, you can do it!  Heave ho! Get a neighbor to help if you need it.  

I think this statement would make a nice sigline...

yes out of context and all - it is pretty funny.  Of course most things Persephone says is hysterical.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Does your husband have some chain and a Come-along.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
push with the thighs.  Put some butt into it girl!!!  Come on, you can do it!  Heave ho!

Or...oooh we can say it'll give ya a <borrowing from the Brits' slang for bum> "Trunk of Steel"

Yeah, that'll work........  I should have known better.  Patty

*LMFAO* Still, your goose is soooooo cooked!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

buy.overstock.com/images/products/P1016814.jpg

Yes.  However I did get the car pushed into the garage.  I would be so worried about hurting the darn car - attaching something to it.  Blah, I here by swear never to touch said camero again.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Next time just use the bumper jack...jack it all the way up and just shove on it, ...TA DA, it's over that little hump with only the slightest of scratches....well, maybe just a little more than a slight scratch
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Be sure to post pics after you push it THROUGH     the front wall of the garage .  Good luck Patty.

SAVE FERRIS!

Patty: "My husband spent 3 years restoreing this car.  It is his love, his life,-"

ARFCom: "It is his fault for not locking the garage."

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#12]
This reminds me of when I was in Ohio and my wife called from Colorado.  She was in the garage doing laundry and somehow the back garage door got opened and the dog happened to be chasing a cat at the time and they ran into the garage at fulll steam, at which time the cat jumped up on the car and the dog tried to get her and a hedge trimmer got knocked off a nail on the wall, falling directly on the top fender of my 1964 Olds 442.  It put a deep, quarter-sized dent in it and took the paint off.  When she called I could tell something was up.  When she told me, I took a few minutes to compose myself and called her back telling her everything would be fine.  It was.  

Your situation will be too.  It's just a machine, it can be fixed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Trying out the new sigline...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

buy.overstock.com/images/products/P1016814.jpg

Yes.  However I did get the car pushed into the garage.  I would be so worried about hurting the darn car - attaching something to it.  Blah, I here by swear never to touch said camero again.  Patty

Good to hear you got the car back in.   With the come along and chain you hook up to the frame NOT  to the BUMPER.  

The come-along got my friends and I out of many a mudhole in Maine in my youth.

ETA:  You have the son attach it, that way you are cleared of any wrong doing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1) Throw CLEAN horse blankets over the ass end of the car so that if it does hail, the car doesn't get kluged-up.  Right-o

2) Have your kids help you push the car back into the garage.  Daughter is useless with headache in house.  Son is trying to help.  The darn car weighs a ton.
3) WTF is an "o-coke"?

Its a thing a ma jig that sticks at the end of the gear shift, it is some leaver that won't budge so I can get the car into park.  Only GOD knows why its there - must be so wives can't drive car.
Patty

You have several dogs.. hook them and have them pull while son pushes!

edit.  i see the problem is resolved.  good work, thata girl, et al.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#16]

is it too early to start drinking?

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mens Rules #1. If it is in the garage it is off limits

HUGE +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Wasn't this an episode of ToolTime?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Get the kids to help push.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

should we wear our glocktards while working out?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

should we wear our glocktards while working out?

Yes!!! I have dibs on the purple ones....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes and do post pictures!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You got it in the garage but did you get it back into park?

No, its still stuck in Neutral.  I'm afraid to touch it.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have a vision, along the lines of the World's Strongest man contest.
Get all of the ARF wimminz together, dress them down (way down), and present them all with a 2 ton truck (with no keys!) and a come-along or pulley.  Whoever is the first one to move the vehicle the length of a football field wins.

You are a sick man.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#26]
are you honestly invisioning the truck moving or just the women in their skivvies?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have a vision, along the lines of the World's Strongest man contest.
Get all of the ARF wimminz together, dress them down (way down), and present them all with a 2 ton truck (with no keys!) and a come-along or pulley.  Whoever is the first one to move the vehicle the length of a football field wins.

My wife would kick your ass, take the keys and move it in 10 seconds flat.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I forgot to mention.  It's a muddy field.
Patty - I can't see the trucks right now.

How are the bewbies?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#30]
+1

Quoted:
This thread has the potential to be a classic.  I am so going to monitor this one.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
..... is it too early to start drinking?

Patty

Who stops?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Patty.... something tells me you're not supposed to be driving his car.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Proof positive that if you can't spell it, you have ZERO business behind the wheel of a Camaro.

oh boy, someone's gonna get it tonight.

didn't even notice and i hated it when people did that talking about my camaro
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Well no, I'm not really suppose to be driving it but he did park it in the garage pointing face out last week for me so that I could pull it in and out easily.  He didn't this week.  I didn't want it out in the storm though.  It's blown over now though.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well no, I'm not really suppose to be driving it but he did park it in the garage pointing face out last week for me so that I could pull it in and out easily.  He didn't this week.  I didn't want it out in the storm though.  It's blown over now though.

Patty

Helloooo, have you heard about a little thing called 'water spots'??  Especially rain water,=bad ju-ju.(So long paint job)

You're still so dead!!! Even that cute little nighty wont save you now!!!!!...

I'm just keeeding!!! it should be OKay.......(says Azman with crossed fingers behind back)
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Helloooo, have you heard about a little thing called 'water spots'??  Especially rain water,=bad ju-ju.(So long paint job)

I'm just keeeding!!! it should be OKay.......(says Azman with crossed fingers behind back)

I know.  I did dry the car off but I can't get it out of neutral so I'm going to have to do some serious to redeem myself.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I know.  I did dry the car off but I can't get it out of neutral so I'm going to have to do some serious to redeem myself.
Patty

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

I know.  I did dry the car off but I can't get it out of neutral so I'm going to have to do some serious www.fastdirectory.net/smile/smiley_abyh.gif to redeem myself.

Patty

Wow!!! Okay now your talking, all will be forgiven.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know.  I did dry the car off but I can't get it out of neutral so I'm going to have to do some serious www.fastdirectory.net/smile/smiley_abyh.gif to redeem myself.
Patty

I can't believe I put that up!  And to think I really haven't been drinking!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

I can't believe I put that up!  And to think I really haven't been drinking!  Patty

You had that as a smiley to quick reference?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry to hijack this post but I find it interesting you are struggling to make ends meet and he gets to drive that
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Patty

You had that as a smiley to quick reference?

You'd be surprised at my arsenal.  But with that said, I must some way figure how to redeem myself as a lady.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I've owned my Camaro for going on 4 years and my wife has never even sat in the drivers seat.
Not because I ever told her not to...she's just scared she might scratch,dent, crinkle, write off, burn, roll it.
However..I did sit her in the passenger seat and explain how to start it (not that she needed a lesson as she has been driving a stick car ever since I taught her about 18 years ago) so if she ever did have to move it she would at least know how.
Sounds like your hubby needs to give you a lesson too Patty.
He would feel pretty shitty if something happened to it because you couldn't operate the gear shift.

Either that or stay out of Man Land..

I can drive a stick, but yes he does need to show me how to work that darn lever that locks it in nuetral.  This car is actually an automatic.

Patty
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top