Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man i'de love to own one of those Saiga shotguns...

Here is my personal that I built after the ban...

home.midsouth.rr.com/lduncan1/Spetsnaz004.jpg

LB

I plan on doing a similar conversion on mine once mags are available again at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
here is my 10a

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40318

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40319

Cool post.  I remember Mel Tappan was big on the Model 10 in "Survival Guns".  I've never seen one in person or met anyone who has actually shot one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
For a book, I really enjoyed Bruce Canfields; A Collectors Guide To United States Combat Shotguns.

If you guys like reading about them, I highly reccomed it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to read a book that discusses the Ithaca 37 in Vietnam, read "POINT MAN". Very good book.

I have a 5 shot Ithaca slabside 37 with a 20 inch bead barrel and an 8 shot one.

I would bet my life with them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Neato thread!

I'd read about the Atchisson in (of all places) the Able Team book series... Neat to see one!

Good stuff. For some reason I've always thought the combat shotgun was one of the coolest, brutalest pieces of ordnance around. Love it. Thanks for the work in posting it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
great thread!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
no combat shotgun thread is complete without mention of this bad girl,

I love(d) my shotgun while i was overthere, i took her everywhere, sometimes i had an m16, somethimes a 240 or a saw, but i always had the shotgun. And just like previosly mentioned, the hadjis are scared shitl;ess of the damn thing. one guy at the gate with a shotgun can get the day laborers to do anything he wants them too.

We just got some where i am now, and i plan on carrying one again next year.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
this shotgun histroy thread is awsome!

does the SPAS have both a pump and semi-auto option?

Yes.  Push the button set into the bottom of centerline of the forearm.  Then PULL!!!  REALLY HARD!

Then watch the gun jam up on your next shot....  

Spas 12 - looks cool.  Looks REALLY cool.  Shoots full power loads reliably in semi.  
Bitch to load, too effing complicated for what it is, too heavy for what it is, and very photogenic.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent post

I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Spas 12 - looks cool.  Looks REALLY cool.  Shoots full power loads reliably in semi.  
Bitch to load, too effing complicated for what it is, too heavy for what it is, and very photogenic.

I have heard those same words over and over and over...   and from people who own them as well.

If the SPAS12 worked as well as it looked it would be the baddest of the bad.  The "sucks" factor
goes up expotentially the heavier a jamming shotgun weighs...

LB
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Shotguns are Gay

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  That's the first time in a long time I read something truly interesting about shotties.

And it's the first time I can see a truly useful adaptation of the AK.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought a SPAS when i was just starting in the gun thing thought it was cool it was the biggest POS
I have owned especially considering what it costs
That said cool thread heres a bump
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Great thread!!!

My buddy who is back from Iraq now, appropriated a cut down shotgun for mounted patrols.  He said he took it everywhere with him because although the hadjis weren't afraid of M4s, they respected the crap out of a 12 ga.

Why does the Siaga 12 have to have a 24" barrel?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Knock Knock...

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Very Nice,  Thanks for posting this up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Another unmentioned but pretty cool shottie - fires semi or pump.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Question - have you considered referencing revolutionary war era 'buck & ball' musket loadings?  The history of shotties predates 1918, but my view may be a stretch.

Excellent post, USMC_LB
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#20]
tag for later.

btw GREAT thread.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Question - have you considered referencing revolutionary war era 'buck & ball' musket loadings?  The history of shotties predates 1918, but my view may be a stretch.

Excellent post, USMC_LB

Thanks !

I actually own an old English double barrel ( 36" barrels ) caplock shotgun.  My father
found it in a old barn when he was young and the barrels had come apart.  My grandfather
worked as a blacksmith/wheelwright in their small town and brazed the two barrels back together and added a crude brass beed sight.  It has never been shot since my father found it ( nor will it ever
by me).

Since I was a child I have tried to find out more info on this shottie.  It says the name Manton on
one side of the lock and on the bottom of the trigger guard it says No. 200...   thats it !

I later found out that during the Civil War they were brought through the blockade from
England and were passed out to some North Carolina units.  

I believe there is some connection to the famous gunsmith of England, Joseph Manton.

I like old shotguns too...   I just dont consider them in the same class as combat
shotguns.

LB
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome post  LB.  Your Saiga is a real beauty.

I'll trade ya my Mossberg 500 and a box of shells for it.....even money.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey LB, do you still have a link to the guy
shooting the full-auto Saiga shotguns at the cars??

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top