BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll rent it when it comes to DVD. I like the look of the planes. The production stills had us scratching our heads for a little while (ones on the aircraft carrier deck) here on Arfcom.

So it's a variation on a theme... The same theme as Terminator, Blade Runner, and many other "technology gone awry" movies. Some were executed better, sure... It's just a movie. Someone out there will think it's the best flippin' movie ever, and some will think it's the worst. Meh. Check your brain at the door and enjoy.

/kind of enjoyed "The One" so take my opinion or leave it...  
//still think we need a nerd smiley... Second time today it would have come in handy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't most jets have, like, two hours of fuel or something? How does this thing keep going then? Especially when it dumps a bunch of fuel to make a huge dramatic ring of fire? *starts humming Johnny Cash*

Here's a better question for you: Why is it that every computer that becomes "self-aware" suddenly goes on a homicidal rampage against its creators? Why aren't there any nice, benevolent computers who just want everybody to get along?

I, Robot - the movie at least...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]
For anybody who actually saw this movie:

How exactly did the computer controlled plane replenish its weapons? I'm assuming once its weapons bay went dry, it couldn't do anything anymore?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For anybody who actually saw this movie:

How exactly did the computer controlled plane replenish its weapons? I'm assuming once its weapons bay went dry, it couldn't do anything anymore?

It DIDN'T.  When it was empty, it was empty
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Everyone has...... Im the guinne pig or something... Jessica is HAWT and the planes look bad ass to me....

Yeah, but you drove a Fiero, so, what do YOU know?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#8]
So far the spoilers make the movie sound even better...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What can I say, I go against the grain. I hated Team America: World Police  

you hated ta:wp??? what the durka durka???
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Has there ever been a movie where the humans give an inordinate amount of intelligence and/or power to a computer/robot/machine and it DOESN'T go nuts and rebel?  That's the oldest trick in the book.

And as bad as the Stealth movie looks, it looks like a friggin' masterpiece next to the trailers for the Doom movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this a surprise to anyone?

~Dg84
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top