Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a ghost in my house for a while. Things would be in different places than where we left them, stacks of paper or other things would fall over for no apparent reason and ALWAYS just as you entered the room, doors would open and close when you weren't looking, etc.

Sometimes you could hear footsteps going up the stairs or someone talking in the other room, but nobody was there. The bathroom got a LOT of activity.

After a few weeks of this, "she" started to appear. A naked teenage girl, soaking wet (in appearance, not actually dripping water) would appear at the end of the bed or stand near the chair or sofa you were in and stare mournfully at you.

I tried everything to get rid of her. Holy water, sage, lemons, putting the Ghostbusters theme music on repeat whenever I left the house, I even called a priest to do an exorcism. Nothing worked.

I decided to do some research into the house to see just what the deal was with the ghost. Google, repository of all mankind's knowledge, had numerous results on the old place and listed it as one of the more famous hauntings in North America. Nice to know that before I moved in.

Apparently, the daughter of the original owner's slipped in the tub, hit her head, and drowned while her parents were out shopping. Soon after the funeral, they couldn't stand living in the house anymore because it reminded them of her too much, and they moved away. Shortly afterward, the hauntings began and continued for about twenty-five years up until I moved in.

By this point I was really getting tired of her messing with my stuff and just standing there staring at me with that sad look on her face. On the other hand, I hadn't been getting any action lately, so I began to take advantage of her, shall we say, situation and just unzipped my pants and started jacking off every time the ghost appeared. One of the advantages of living alone, and all.

Stupid bitch left after the fourth or fifth time and never came back. Sure, she wants attention from everyone for a quarter of a century, but the moment you give it to her she runs off.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I exorcised a house all on my own.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Shortly afterward, the hauntings began and continued for about twenty-five years up until I moved in.

By this point I was really getting tired of her messing with my stuff and just standing there staring at me with that sad look on her face. On the other hand, I hadn't been getting any action lately, so I began to take advantage of her, shall we say, situation and just unzipped my pants and started jacking off every time the ghost appeared. One of the advantages of living alone, and all.

My new second fvorite ARFcom story (Piccolo's SEC still wins #1)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shortly afterward, the hauntings began and continued for about twenty-five years up until I moved in.

Got a link?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My problem with ghosts is, they dont believe in me. I hear stories all the time and folks claimed this or that is haunted. I get an invite, I go. And nothing happens. Either the ghosts want to make the people  look like fools, or the ghosts are wusses.

I went on a ghost tour in St. Augstine. I figured I needed the excercsize as its a 2 mile walk and if there really were ghosts, this town would be ideal. Its 500yrs old after all.

People saw and felt things. Except for my girlfriend and myself. We had more fun watching people hype themselves up to the point of having an experience.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My problem with ghosts is, they dont believe in me. I hear stories all the time and folks claimed this or that is haunted. I get an invite, I go. And nothing happens. Either the ghosts want to make the people  look like fools, or the ghosts are wusses.

I went on a ghost tour in St. Augstine. I figured I needed the excercsize as its a 2 mile walk and if there really were ghosts, this town would be ideal. Its 500yrs old after all.

People saw and felt things. Except for my girlfriend and myself. We had more fun watching people hype themselves up to the point of having an experience.

Self-fulfilling prophecy for the "true believers"?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
All you morons that beleive this is all products of our minds, you are morons. Too many people of very sane minds have stories like this.

My story.
I was asleep then a heard a very distinct knocking on my entertainment center where the TV is on, a knock kind of like a friend would do to tell you he's there. So I wake up thinking that maybe its my Mom or Dad and I see two human like figures. There is a big one still knocking when I open my eyes and a little one standing next to him. I looked for about 5 seconds as the big bastard kept knocking, and for the whole time I had thought it was my cousins, so I remember yelling "Stop fucking knocking on the damn wood!" and they both turn their heads real slow to the right and then stare at me in unison. This stare goes on for about 2 seconds when I noticed these were not anyone I knew and I thought they were trying to rob the house. So, still thinking they are people I go to jump out of bed. Then the most insane thing happens, they literally vanished before my eyes. I am talking about hollywood like vanishing, like fading out. So at that point and jump back into my bed and not go back to sleep. It happened at around 3 am.

No bulshitting you guys with this story, I swear it on my life this happened and I was not dreaming it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All you morons that beleive this is all products of our minds, you are morons. Too many people of very sane minds have stories like this.

My story.
I was asleep then a heard a very distinct knocking on my entertainment center where the TV is on, a knock kind of like a friend would do to tell you he's there. So I wake up thinking that maybe its my Mom or Dad and I see two human like figures. There is a big one still knocking when I open my eyes and a little one standing next to him. I looked for about 5 seconds as the big bastard kept knocking, and for the whole time I had thought it was my cousins, so I remember yelling "Stop fucking knocking on the damn wood!" and they both turn their heads real slow to the right and then stare at me in unison. This stare goes on for about 2 seconds when I noticed these were not anyone I knew and I thought they were trying to rob the house. So, still thinking they are people I go to jump out of bed. Then the most insane thing happens, they literally vanished before my eyes. I am talking about hollywood like vanishing, like fading out. So at that point and jump back into my bed and not go back to sleep. It happened at around 3 am.

No bulshitting you guys with this story, I swear it on my life this happened and I was not dreaming it.

Waking hallucinations are not really uncommon. Most bizarre experiences happen upon waking and there is a stare where you can physically wake up while in a dreamstate. Its called the  Hypnopompic state. You can make out visual detail as your eyes are actually open but you brain hasent fully switched to a different state when on is wide awake. The brain while still in a sleep state will continue to produce images just like when dreamin, and the two merge together. This usually does not last too long and is usually totally disrupted when the person gets up and jolts the brain into a fully awake state. Its a type of electrical misfire in the brain, sort of like deja vu.

Ever hear a phone ring or some other sound that invades your dream? Its the same situation pretty much . You partly wake up, perhaps only audio and the remaining 95% of your mind is still in sleep mode so it takes in teh sounds and incorporates tehm into the dream/ hallucination.

And NO I dont think you are a moron. It happens to lots of sane people.
Its a form of sleep paralyisis. I suffer from it as well, though not with the ill effects of hallucinations. I just fully wake up while my body is stil in the sleep state. It feels like I am dying as my body is still in paralysis. That paralysis is what prevents us from acting out our dreams. Its quite scary.

Sleep Paralysis
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
this thread should keep me busy at work tonite.  tagg!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
You know that place from that movie "House on Haunted Hill"? I live less than a 25 min drive from there. The stroy is that it was a tb ward at one time. And then it went from that to being a nuthouse. Supposedly the loonies got out of control. A full-out riot that was so out of control the authorities had to step in. The only thing they could do was torch the place. And that's the place that movie is loosely based on. The keeper of the place is always struggling to keep punk kids away from it and satanists from worshipping there. There's satanist symbols in the place because of this.

A lot of people say that place is haunted. With all of the whackos that burned up there. I hear that there's still some pieces of charred medical equipment there. The place is definately eerie. It has an eerie setting to the whole place, ghosts or no ghosts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My story.

Waking hallucinations are not really uncommon. Most bizarre experiences happen upon waking and there is a stare where you can physically wake up while in a dreamstate. Its called the  Hypnopompic state. You can make out visual detail as your eyes are actually open but you brain hasent fully switched to a different state when on is wide awake. The brain while still in a sleep state will continue to produce images just like when dreamin, and the two merge together. This usually does not last too long and is usually totally disrupted when the person gets up and jolts the brain into a fully awake state. Its a type of electrical misfire in the brain, sort of like deja vu.

Ever hear a phone ring or some other sound that invades your dream? Its the same situation pretty much . You partly wake up, perhaps only audio and the remaining 95% of your mind is still in sleep mode so it takes in teh sounds and incorporates tehm into the dream/ hallucination.

And NO I dont think you are a moron. It happens to lots of sane people.
Its a form of sleep paralyisis. I suffer from it as well, though not with the ill effects of hallucinations. I just fully wake up while my body is stil in the sleep state. It feels like I am dying as my body is still in paralysis. That paralysis is what prevents us from acting out our dreams. Its quite scary.

Sleep Paralysis

That explanation fails to explain people, who are wide awake, seeing shit levitate in their living room.  You cannot rationalize away every ghost experience, though some folks's world view makes them try.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My story.

Don't listen to Wildboar.  You saw some shadow people.  No one believes me either, but I have seen them several times.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Me and some friends were sitting in a living room once.  We were wide awake.  One person gets the idea to start "laughing" at the devil (he was a young christian).  At that moment, a full size mirror flew off the wall and broke into dozens of pieces.  Now, you can say that it was going to fall off the wall anyway, but if you were there, the timing of the event made it clear what was going on did not appear to be appreciated.  I don't think it was a ghost, but some evil entity.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I love how people absolutely refuse to see any other explanation other than the paranormal one.

I think stuff like what some experience actually happens. I just think that most of it can  be explained. Its just that many folks dont want to have a rational or logical explanation, and many others dont want them to even seek an alternative or mundane explanation other that the paranormal one.

Again, I am not saying it does not happen and I am sure some folks have some genuine crazy paranormal experiences. I am not a disbeliever at all. I have had some experiences that after much searching, I have some to find thats it was perfectly normal. I felt a little let down because ghosts, OBE's, levitation, and all then would be a heck of a lit more fun or interesting than sleep paralysis.

He doesnt have to listen to me and I never said his experience was bunk. Some are pretty sensitive to this I can see and thats cool and understandable, the unknown is scary. I just offered up an explanation that should at least be looked into if one had this type of experience , especially semi frequently.

Whats wrong with seeking a mundane explanation? Why do people put forth so much resistance? Those area  bigger mystery to me than ghosts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I love how people absolutely refuse to see any other explanation other than the paranormal one.

I think stuff like what some experience actually happens. I just think that most of it can  be explained. Its just that many folks dont want to have a rational or logical explanation, and many others dont want them to even seek an alternative or mundane explanation other that the paranormal one.

Again, I am not saying it does not happen and I am sure some folks have some genuine crazy paranormal experiences. I am not a disbeliever at all. I have had some experiences that after much searching, I have some to find thats it was perfectly normal. I felt a little let down because ghosts, OBE's, levitation, and all then would be a heck of a lit more fun or interesting than sleep paralysis.

He doesnt have to listen to me and I never said his experience was bunk. Some are pretty sensitive to this I can see and thats cool and understandable, the unknown is scary. I just offered up an explanation that should at least be looked into if one had this type of experience , especially semi frequently.

Whats wrong with seeking a mundane explanation? Why do people put forth so much resistance? Those area  bigger mystery to me than ghosts.

You are right, and I agree with you.  In the few things I have experienced, I would have preferred to be able to find a rational explanation (and after investigation, some were explanable)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That explanation fails to explain people, who are wide awake, seeing shit levitate in their living room.  You cannot rationalize away every ghost experience, though some folks's world view makes them try.

I didnt say it explains every situation but it certainly does explain some and the persons incident is classic of SP. Is that so bad? Course not, but it shouldnt be fought against as an explanation for some.

I would love to have an experience some have had, and I certainly have tried. Unfortunately the ghosts dont like me .

I have had the classic shadow people incidenmt. Well not classic because I was not in bed or resting like in 90% of those cases. BEst bet I can figure is one of two things and to this day I cannot say for certain which is correct.
1. I saw an actual pair of entities
2. I had a very lucid dream and confused it for a different time

I would think #2 is the most valid or probable but my experience was so real, I man in doubt if even that. I was a small child when it happened so it is probable it was a dream. But then a gain, t was so real. My doppleganger experiences are quite bizaree. but it doesnt botehr me as much as the people that saw it. I never have but heard about it and it really freaked people out. I couldnt help but laugh when they retold me the experience because they seemed crazy but were convinced as to what they saw and my laughing freaked them out even more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I was once told a story by someone I know that fits the sleep paralysis description. The guy said he was half asleep at the time and he saw the TV levitate across the room. He knew it was because he was half-awake but it still freaked him out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I firmly believe as a christian that there are forces of good and evil working in the world.  For every ghost story I have heard, I have heard just as many stories of guardian angels saving a persons life.  I don't discount sleep paralysis, but I have been attacked by darkness.  I had a roommate in college witness one such attack.  Sleep paralysis explains all except for the eyewitness.

A close friend of the family (a jesuit priest) introduced our family to a older lady who was a holocost (sp) survivor.  She was a girl during Kristalnacth, the night of broken glass, in germany.  The nazi's were rounding up jews for internment and eventual execution.  She and her family ran to their local temple for help and sanctuary.  The temple was in flames.  The local parish priest saw them and other jews and gave them refuge in his church.  She tells the story of the german officer beating the priest, threatening him with death if he didn't turn over the jews.  The priest refused.  The officer left to return with soldiers.  The priest told them to hide as best they could while he barricaded the doors.  The soldiers broke down the door and began firing machine guns wildly.  She, her family and several others were huddled against the solid stone wall of the old church.  As the bullets began to fly and soldiers rushed in, she closed her eyes and screamed out of fear.  A tall man in white told them to be calm and run to another location and they would be safe.  She opened her eyes and they all were outside the church on the other side of the wall they were just leaning against.  She knew in her heart of hearts it was an angel that delivered them to safety that night.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
she gets all pissed, and says the reason I didn't see it, is I'm not "receptive"........that is when I lost it and started to laugh my ass off.........well needless to say that ended that getaway, and the relationship.

Why would anybody think that being "receptive" to this is a good thing if all it does is freak them out?  Better to just not worry about it and go to sleep.

Oh, and tag.  Though nothing like above has happened to me I love these stories.  There is a very good on going collection over at About.com called Your True Tales.  They're fun as hell to read at 3 in the morining just before going to bed.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didnt say it explains every situation but it certainly does explain some and the persons incident is classic of SP. Is that so bad? Course not, but it shouldnt be fought against as an explanation for some.

I would love to have an experience some have had, and I certainly have tried. Unfortunately the ghosts dont like me .

I have had the classic shadow people incidenmt. Well not classic because I was not in bed or resting like in 90% of those cases. BEst bet I can figure is one of two things and to this day I cannot say for certain which is correct.

I would think #2 is the most valid or probable but my experience was so real, I man in doubt if even that. I was a small child when it happened so it is probable it was a dream. But then a gain, t was so real. My doppleganger experiences are quite bizaree. but it doesnt botehr me as much as the people that saw it. I never have but heard about it and it really freaked people out. I couldnt help but laugh when they retold me the experience because they seemed crazy but were convinced as to what they saw and my laughing freaked them out even more.

I've experienced sleep paralysis, and if there's a rational explanation, I would prefer it to the alternative.  As a person who has had a few experiences that defied rational explanation, you don't want to experience these things, believe me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a link?

Piccolo also has a very good "ghost" story that took place on the fisihing boats.  It should also be on the archive, shouldn't be older than a year.  He started the topic so put him in as originator.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've experienced sleep paralysis, and if there's a rational explanation, I would prefer it to the alternative.  As a person show has had a few experiences that defied rational explanation, you don't want to experience these things, believe me.

The doppelgangers I have no explanation for other than some theoretical physics. I think my answer may lie there. But until then its still freaky to think about.

I went to a party and there were folks in a  room with a Ouija board. I walked in and watched for a bit. They realized by the smirk on my face I thought they were silly. So they try to convince me. They wanted me to ask "it" a question. So I did.

"When do I die?"

I think I heard a few turds drop during the ensuing silence. I mean I think I literally heard poo hit the floor. The expressions on the faces looked exactly what I always pictured someones face would look like if they saw a ghost. Half the room left right then. They moved the little heart thing around for a bit but always came up with whacky years. Later my brother comes in and starts to watch. He is like me and  while we were all sitting there my buddies sister looked over at him as gasped. She had a look of total fear on her face. She covered her mouth with one had and pointed to him. The moment everyone looked at him the top of his sleeve looked as if someone had pinched it and lifted it up and down like something unseen was tugging on it. My brother looked horrified and everyone including him hauled arse out of the room. We all talked about it for a half hour before someone had the brass ones to go back in there. Naturally it was my brother and I who braved the evil haunted room. People were in awe that we walked right in. My brother showed me the piece of coat hanger he used. He bent the top in a  1 inch loop and slid it up his back until it was at his shoulder. He then sat cross legged and with one hand behind his back and jiggled jiggled the wire hangar. It looked so cool. I dont know how he did it without laughing. We never told anyone about what he did. To make it cool he swiped the Quija heart indicator thingy and flipped the board upsiade down. We took all the roaches that still had decent amounts of weed in them and finished off a packed bowl that was left in the mad rush.

No I dont smoke anymore and have grown a bit, it was still fun times to remember.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#22]
tagged for later
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anybody else looking over their shoulder now?

After that post by Bosifus I am shitting my pants, knowing I won't be getting much sleep tonight....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Me and some friends were sitting in a living room once.  We were wide awake.  One person gets the idea to start "laughing" at the devil (he was a young christian).  At that moment, a full size mirror flew off the wall and broke into dozens of pieces.  Now, you can say that it was going to fall off the wall anyway, but if you were there, the timing of the event made it clear what was going on did not appear to be appreciated.  I don't think it was a ghost, but some evil entity.

I had some friends who wanted to do a seance/mess around with a ouija board. I refused because as a Christian I'm not doing any occult bullshit.

The ouija board stopped working every time I stepped into the room. When I stepped out again, it started working again. Then I tried an experiment and, while outside the room, began reciting one of the few Bible verses I'd bothered to memorize. It stopped working again and remained motionless until I finished reciting.

They threw out the ouija board and everybody showed up at church the next day.

I've also encountered what I can only explain as being an angel. I have witnesses who will back me up on it.

Every other weird/spooky thing I've ever seen has had a scientific/"rational" explanation for it that easily explains what I saw/experienced without resorting to supernatural means.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had some friends who wanted to do a seance/mess around with a ouija board. I refused because as a Christian I'm not doing any occult bullshit.

The ouija board stopped working every time I stepped into the room. When I stepped out again, it started working again. Then I tried an experiment and, while outside the room, began reciting one of the few Bible verses I'd bothered to memorize. It stopped working again and remained motionless until I finished reciting.

I've also encountered what I can only explain as being an angel. I have witnesses who will back me up on it.

Every other weird/spooky thing I've ever seen has had a scientific/"rational" explanation for it that easily explains what I saw/experienced without resorting to supernatural means.

Was it the typical biblical scary angel? The kind that makes you fall to your face in fear? Or the nice ones in literature. I would like to hear about the angel encounter. Frm what I have read in the Bible, I think it would be a terrifying experience.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Was it the typical biblical scary angel? The kind that makes you fall to your face in fear? Or the nice ones in literature. I would like to hear about the angel encounter. Frm what I have read in the Bible, I think it would be a terrifying experience.

Then there is the "Angel of the Lord" in the OT and the two who came to pull Lott out of Sodom.  Pretty genial.

If you ever get met by and angel, bow down to them.  If they accept it you know they're bad guys and you need to start praying.  If they get all pissed off at you and tell you to get up they're angels.

That's what I gather anyway.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the stories I have heard, they appear to be human (which is Biblical - Hebrews says men have entertained angels unawares.  They appeared out of nowhere to help folks in great distress, life or death situations, such as when folks are stuck in a burning car.  When the folks turn around to thank them, their helpers are nowhere to be seen.    I have only heard a few of these from personal conversation, and these folks were sane as far as I coudl tell, and of good character (not given to lying)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then there is the "Angel of the Lord" in the OT and the two who came to pull Lott out of Sodom.  Pretty genial.

If you ever get met by and angel, bow down to them.  If they accept it you know they're bad guys and you need to start praying.  If they get all pissed off at you and tell you to get up they're angels.

That's what I gather anyway.

Makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#29]
You people living in haunted houses should try to catch something on audio or video tape, so the rest of us can verify.  This stuff never happens to me, so I'm curious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#30]
The only semi paranormal story I have isn't that exciting.  I was on Young Life leadership and all of the leaders were bored one day.  They found a Ouija board in a leader's closet that was from ages ago and she forgot she even had it.  They decided to burn it for some reason, but no matter how much they tried it wouldn't light.   Lighters, kindling, lighter fluid, nothing worked, it was weird.

Not too exiting, but it was still strange.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the stories I have heard, they appear to be human (which is Biblical - Hebrews says men have entertained angels unawares.  They appeared out of nowhere to help folks in great distress, life or death situations, such as when folks are stuck in a burning car.  When the folks turn around to thank them, their helpers are nowhere to be seen.    I have only heard a few of these from personal conversation, and these folks were sane as far as I coudl tell, and of good character (not given to lying)

I was about five at the time. My mother is the other witness involved.

She was cooking something on the stove and was about to open the oven to check the rest of dinner when she suddenly heard, clear as day, somebody say "close your eyes" and then felt someone put their hand over her eyes. Suddenly, the food in the oven exploded and scalding food went everywhere, burning her all over the face and chest... except her eyes.

I was watching her cook from the living room and hopped out of my chair to walk over and ask how long it would be until dinner was ready. As I reached the kitchen, I looked up and saw a woman in a blue dress holding her hand over my mother's eyes and smiling at me. A split second later, dinner erupted out of the oven and the woman was gone. Not disappeared, she simply wasn't there.

I've also had what can only be described as a divine vision, but that's for me and me alone.

And no, I've never done drugs or alcohol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagged. Now I cannot sleep

Gwen in l.a.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I've also had what can only be described as a divine vision, but that's for me and me alone.

So where do you keep Otis.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Good job going and getting us all intrigued.  You're worse than one of those 9pm news blurbs.  "Something that may kill you is in your soda pop right now.  Tune in at 11 to find out more."  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#35]
When I was around 12 we where living in a small house in Central FL.

My bedroom opened directly into the kitchen and I usually kept my door open for some air flow.
One night I remember not being able to sleep and then the Refrigerator door opened up.  I heard stuff clang  around and then the door closed.  
 I immediately jumped out of bed, walked the the two feet to the door and looked into the kitchen expecting to find one of my parents.........But no one was there!    I searched the rest of the house and it was empty as well.   L8ter the next morning I asked my parents if they had been up and they hadn't.
After a little digging they found out that the previous owner had died in the house some years before we moved in.

Hungry Ghosts?     Strange but true.

I also know for a FACT that we have "Gaurdians" looking out for us......but that is a different story.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Related from another site

"In 1980 I was working as a crusher operator at Homestake Uranium Mill in New Mexico. The Mill was the oldest mill in the area and of course had several fatal accidents over it's history. There were several places in the mill that were rumored to be haunted, such as a ghostly maintenance man in the filter building who occasionally fixed things, or allegedly the settling tanks were twice drained when two different people swore they saw someone thrashing in the water where a cleaning man had drowned years earlier. But (lucky me) I worked in Crusher building which had the most actually FEARED spot in the mill. The room was called "12 belt". It was an underground bare concrete room, about 20' by 30 ft long, whose only feature was a conveyer belt that ran along one of the 30 foot walls, about five feet from the wall. It had a chute that dumped ore from the crusher, which sat directly above the room on the main floor. The chute extended from the ceiling to the belt and ran the length of the belt, effectively creating a wall that seperated about five feet of the room from the rest. You had to walk around the head of the belt to get to the area between the conveyer belt and the wall. The strange thing is that there is no definate story as to who or what lurked in 12 Belt but unlike the joking and/or teasing that accompanied the other "hot spots" of the mill, people really didn't like 12 Belt. My first clue about that was the fact the room was so brightly lit. In the rest of the mill, about one quarter to one third of the lights were burnt out and people only got around to replacing them when it got to dim to work, but never in 12 Belt. As soon as a light burnt out, it was replaced.
When I got transferred to crusher building from the labor pool (called Bull Gang) I naturally started at the bottom of the pecking order. And naturally I was assigned 12 Belt as one of the areas I had to clean. At first impression the only thing of interest was the sound, the crusher on the floor above made this incredibly deep hum that was very loud but so deep pitched that you could barely hear it. Other than that it was a bare, well lit concrete room. I was only in there 5 minutes though before I got the most powerful sensation I wasn't alone. If you have ever had the sensation that someone was watching you, imagine magnifying that to the sensation that someone was almost standing directly behind you staring right down your neck. It was that powerful. After spending several minutes constantly looking over my shoulder, my internal radar seemed to locate the "presence". I "felt" that it was on the other side of the belt in that five foot "alleyway" that was cut off from my vision and the rest of the room. I could also "feel" it begin to slowly move up the belt towards the head pulley where it could come around and be in the room with me. Again, the sensation was so powerful, that even though I was telling myself I was being silly, I was pacing down the belt with my shovel cocked like a baseball bat. When I reached the head pulley, I screwed up my courage and quickly stepped around the pulley and looked down the "alley". There was nothing there. I quickly finished sweeping up, and left. This happened almost every third or fourth night for the next month and a half and I almost considered quitting. Then the crusher operator quit and I applied for his position and got it. So no more 12 belt.
While I was operator, they decided to just have different people from Bull Gang come work for us to take my place. One of them, a Navajo, quit on the same night he started for us. He just came up to the control room, visibly upset about something, and told me he was going home. That was all. I later found his shovel and broom where he left them, in 12 Belt.
And then came the worst night. (God, I have goosebumps on my arms just typing this) The Bull Gang was short handed so each of the rest of the crusher crew had to divvy up jobs that the laborer was supposed to do. I got 12 belt. There was a big storm going on outside, but since we were inside I barely noted it. When it came time to clean 12 belt, I just gritted my teeth and resolved to be in and out of there in fifteen minutes time, so I went down there and started sweeping. I was somewhere in the middle of the room, when lightning must have hit a transformer and the power went out. Remember, this room is underground, so suddenly I was in absolute blackness, and had no idea which way I had been facing. Worse, I suddenly felt the "presence" even stronger than it had ever been before.
All I could do was feel around with my broom until it struck something solid. When it did, I followed it until I felt that I was up against the chute and the belt. The bad part was that I could feel "it" was on the other side of the chute and starting to walk up the belt again towards the head pulley. I paced it about what I felt was half way up the belt and then blindly took an angle across the room to where I thought the stairs should be. When I bumped into the corner of the room, I was momentarily confused, and for a second had the unnerving thought that the stairs were gone. But then I realized I must have walked under them. The problem was that for the first time, I felt "it" finally reach the end of the belt and come around the head pulley for the very first time. It was now in the room with me. Naturally, I was telling myself the whole time to stop letting my imagination make things worse, and to just step forward a couple of paces take 5 paces to my left to where the stairs had to be. I was about halfway through this process, when something "clapped" onto my shoulder.
The only way to describe that kind of fear is to say it felt like my spine had disentigrated in an electric explosion. I don't even remember how I found the stairs and got to the main floor. I don't remember if I screamed. My coworker Louis will never forget though, how I ran his ass completely over when he stepped into the door of the building to yell for me and find out where I was. Even when I finally stopped, it took me several minutes to collect my mind enough to talk coherently.

In the end, it was noticed that there was a huge dust smear on my shoulder, and theorized that what probably happened was that dust had caked up on the damp ceiling caused by the rain, and part had fallen off and hit me in the darkness. It is a plausible theory because I had swept up several dust cakes earlier. But I never set foot in 12 belt again. About 2 months later, the mill had a big layoff which I was part of so it never became an issue."
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Another from the same source

"This was during my last semester at college, and I driving over to my parents house (about 50 miles away) on a Saturday. On the way in, I stopped at the liquor store in the old neighborhood. It was in the winter and was about 6pm, so already dark.

Outside the store, at the payphone, is this guy I knew in high school--guy named David. He was kinda in my crowd, more or less on the periphery, and was cool but I never was closer than a "Hey, man, what's up?" at a kegger. Anyhoo, he was going to the community college in town last I'd heard, so I thought nothing of it...at first...

I start walking towards him and he looks at me. It looks like he's been crying, so I'm thinking I should just give him the ol' Head Nod Of Acknowledgement (TM) and go on. Instead, he calls me by name, "Hey, Rabid, can you get me a 12-pack of Genuine Draft? I'll pay you double for it? I've gotta find my car."

I tell him sure, thinking he will just pay me the retail, not double. Again, David had always been cool with me, and kinda ran with my old crowd. I buy said 12-pack, and when I come out...David's gone. "You asshole," I thought, then I angrily got in my car and went over to my parents.

We have dinner, I still have an extra 12-pack of MGD so I call up another old running buddy. He decides to come over and we'll drink beer and play pool. All is cool.

He gets over there with another friend of mine in tow. First thing out of my mouth is an explanation of how David stiffed me. Both of my buddies froze and went white as paper.

He was killed DUI'ing the previous week-end. Had bought a 12-pack of MGD at the same store with another buddy of mine, but later dropped him off at the end of the night. On David's way home, he oversteered a curve and hit a tree head on--DOA.

To this day, I won't go into that liquor store, and every time I hear the word ghost I think of that.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#38]
We have spirits in the dining room.

Sometimes when I drink them, I see odd things.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#39]

i used to live in an old town along the CT river that had a lot of history (underground railroad, pilgrims, old ship/sailor stories, really old farmlands/houses/graveyards, etc.).

anyhow, my house wasn't particularly old, or historically significant, but was notable for one thing...

i'd get the occasional creepy someone-is-staring-at-you feeling, just to look and find nothing. every now and again i'd see the "mystery woman" in the corner of my eye. none of that ever bothered me as i never really thought much about it. what did bother me was the way our animals used to act.

the first time i ever saw it happen was with one of our cats. it was standing in the middle of the room staring straight ahead (only a wall in front of it) with a low "growl" coming out. suddenly the cat went all ears back, hair up, full fight stance. it hissed and took a couple swats at... whatever. the whole scene was as if someone had charged the cat from through the wall, but there was no person.

this used to freak me out a little. we had two cats at the time, and this would happen with one, or both of them on about a month-to-month basis.

weird...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

i used to live in an old town along the CT river that had a lot of history (underground railroad, pilgrims, old ship/sailor stories, really old farmlands/houses/graveyards, etc.).

anyhow, my house wasn't particularly old, or historically significant, but was notable for one thing...

i'd get the occasional creepy someone-is-staring-at-you feeling, just to look and find nothing. every now and again i'd see the "mystery woman" in the corner of my eye. none of that ever bothered me as i never really thought much about it. what did bother me was the way our animals used to act.

the first time i ever saw it happen was with one of our cats. it was standing in the middle of the room staring straight ahead (only a wall in front of it) with a low "growl" coming out. suddenly the cat went all ears back, hair up, full fight stance. it hissed and took a couple swats at... whatever. the whole scene was as if someone had charged the cat from through the wall, but there was no person.

this used to freak me out a little. we had two cats at the time, and this would happen with one, or both of them on about a month-to-month basis.

weird...

Cats, dogs, and small children are supposed to be able to see this kind of thing.  We "unlearn" to rely on certain senses when we get older, in western society.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#42]
My dog has followed "something" from the upstairs, down to the first floor, and then down to the basement. He was growling and bristling up the whole time. That was in my last house. My hair was standing up too.

My son told me that he could hear a woman scream in the hallway, but it was faint, like it was far away. I didn't believe him. Then I heard it myself.

Two years before he was born, I was freshly married to his mother and fast asleep, just the two of us at that time. I was awakened by someone grabbing and shaking my arm, and a little boy's voice saying "Daddy, wake up. Get up Daddy!"

I lived in a house where you could hear people walking around upstairs, when no one was there but me.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I stayed at my friends place in a tiny OLD town in north dakota.

I was sleeping on his couch the night I stayed there, and it wasn't too comfortable so I wasn't sleeping well.

In the middle of the night while I was laying there, I heard the kitchen door start to rattle and slam just like someone was yanking back and forth on the knob (The door was locked).

At the same time his dog (a little lapdog thing) that he kept in a kennel started freaking out and banging against the kennel door, barking, etc.

My friend came racing out of his room to see what all the noise was about and right when he came in and I got up the door stopped.

We went and looked and the kitchen door was locked, but so was the outside door. (He remembered locking both when we went to sleep). The kitchen door led to a front porch, so there was no way for anyone to be inside rattling the door unless they came inside the locked porch.

After that happened he told me that he'd been seeing and hearing all sorts of wierd shit around the place. Dishes falling off of the counter in the middle of the night. He also claims to have seen an old lady in his apartment.

The house was built in the 1800s so who knows. The place creeps me out though and refuse to stay there again.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I lived in a haunted house for 2 years.  I saw stuff that would make a believer out of anyone.  I guess I got used to the various occurances.  One ghost thought it would be cool to open and close the window while we were gone and set the thermostat on either max hot or max cold (thermostat was behind a book case and couldn't accidentally be set).  Another pounded on the walls every night around 2.   Still another one found delight in plugging in my shaver when it started to die.  I saw a girl walk by and went in the room where I saw her and no one was there.  That is only the begining.  That stuff is for real man.  You can get people come and do an excorcism on the house, might work might not.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Related from another site

"In 1980 I was working as a crusher operator at Homestake Uranium Mill

that was a pretty good creepy story

I need to stop reading these or my mind will go wild while I sleep tonight.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I tried everything to get rid of her. Holy water, sage, lemons, putting the Ghostbusters theme music on repeat whenever I left the house, I even called a priest to do an exorcism. Nothing worked.

Stupid bitch left after the fourth or fifth time and never came back. Sure, she wants attention from everyone for a quarter of a century, but the moment you give it to her she runs off.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

img240.imageshack.us/img240/6242/harharhar0ew.gif

You bastard! I just screamed like a little girl
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#48]
One big fat somebitch of a tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You people living in haunted houses should try to catch something on audio or video tape, so the rest of us can verify.  This stuff never happens to me, so I'm curious.

I could tell you I swear on my life that what I saw that night were two shodowy-type figures. I am not bs'ing any of you guys or gals.
I know with what happened to me it wasnt sleep paralysis because I could scream and was getting out of bed while these two things literally vanished and faded out, which prompted me to jump back into bed scared shitless.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I had a ghost in my house for a while. Things would be in different places than where we left them, stacks of paper or other things would fall over for no apparent reason and ALWAYS just as you entered the room, doors would open and close when you weren't looking, etc.

Sometimes you could hear footsteps going up the stairs or someone talking in the other room, but nobody was there. The bathroom got a LOT of activity.

After a few weeks of this, "she" started to appear. A naked teenage girl, soaking wet (in appearance, not actually dripping water) would appear at the end of the bed or stand near the chair or sofa you were in and stare mournfully at you...

Well, damn, was she hot?

I know if I met a hot ghost, I'd hit it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top