Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Racist comments but hearing the insurgent crying with a sandbag over his head was priceless.

That's why I said the DUers would go into canniptions, this video is replete with "WAR CRIMES":

WAR CRIME #1: Politically incorrect racial remark!

WAR CRIME #2: Made terrorist cry (offended him/hurt his feelings...the most ghastly crime of all)!

WAR CRIME #3: Instead of some chick's drawers, a sandbag over a terrorist's head (never mind that Saudi women spend their entire lives lumbering around like this, that is, when they are even allowed out in "public")!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Racist comments but hearing the insurgent crying with a sandbag over his head was priceless.

Please don't tell me we expect PC talk and conversation after firefights.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I expect angry talk like on the battlefield but racism is abhorent to me. I will never defend racism.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
tagd
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I expect angry talk like on the battlefield but racism is abhorent to me. I will never defend racism.

Well, I suggest you cover your ears in conflict where race or origin seperate the those fighting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Waitl 'till the fuckers at D.U. see this.  Their heads will explode.

One can only hope.

Aaaannnnnnnndddd........Tag!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why I said the DUers would go into canniptions, this video is replete with "WAR CRIMES":

WAR CRIME #2: Made terrorist cry (offended him/hurt his feelings...the most ghastly crime of all)!

WAR CRIME #3: Instead of some chick's drawers, a sandbag over a terrorist's head (never mind that Saudi women spend their entire lives lumbering around like this, that is, when they are even allowed out in "public")!

Though i do not like racism in any form, I can forgive what was said in the heat of battle. I have never come under fire like that but I can imagine the words flowing out of anyone's mouth at the time is forgiveable. That's in response to #1.
#2 Well, I enjoyed that alot. Terrorist cry baby, gotta love that.
#3 I was disappointed, No one drew faces on the bags!

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Though i do not like racism in any form, I can forgive what was said in the heat of battle. I have never come under fire like that but I can imagine the words flowing out of anyone's mouth at the time is forgiveable. That's in response to #1.

All I said was that it was "politically incorrect".  Way I figure it, if a feller is shootin' at me that gives me carte blanche to call him, his family, his genetic structure, and his dog whatever I see fit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think the comment everyone is refering to is actually racist. Listen closely just a few moments before that comment is made. You'll hear a black guy say: "Hey white boy, you need a magazine". Then soon after the comment follows.

My guess? These two guys were good friends and they were just harassing each other. Both were probably grinning ear to ear when they were saying that stuff. I view it as no biggie. Just one of those "inside" things you'd have to be there to understand. I highly doubt the guy who uttered that is really a raging racist.

BTW, that was a pretty kick ass video. It was worth the wait to download.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with Charging Handle. Right after the n word was said, it cut to the guy with a shit eating grin. I hear that all the time in college where white boys are pretending to be ghetto.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Not bad, got any more?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]

WOW, did that guy call Iraqies the "N WORD"?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he was crying because he just realized that he should have put his faith in the Tooth Fariy instead of allah.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
WOW, did that guy call Iraqies the "N WORD"?

Negative.

As I pointed out before, listen to the video again carefully. That exchange was between him and another guy in his unit.

After the initial volley of fire, I hear a voice (either an actual black guy or a white guy acting goofy and being all ghetto like) say: Hey white boy, you need another magazine? Following that, there is some rustling around as the guys reload. Then came the comment...."effing N'ers!". When the camera pans around to the guys faces, that one has the biggest shit eating grin on his face you ever saw. Nothing was meant by this, that much I am almost sure of.

IMHO, this was just two friends pestering each other and nothing more. I doubt there was any actual racism intended. Just some razzing among friends. It was not directed at the insurgents (otherwise "sand" would have preceded the N part) and it was not directed at blacks in general either. It was just a goofy comment made in the heat of battle among buddies. Nothing more. I don't think we should be concerned or read anything more into it.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Can't get it to play.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#22]
kick ass
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is up with the Spanish speakers?  All I caught was "Es humo" (it's smoke) and "esta en el otro lado" (it's on the other side).  I thinking they're Guatemalan or Salvadoran.

They are speaking Spanish because they attacked the Spanish base in Najaf on April 4 2004

That would explain it, then.

One of the photographs shows a partly hidden spray-painted sign:  [esta]cion [espa]nola?  I can't get the enye-thingy over the "n".

According to this article (www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2004/04/mil-040404-afps01.htm), the insurgents attacked Spanish and Salvadoran troops.  That would make sense--the guy talking  in the video really didn't have an Iberian accent.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't think the comment everyone is refering to is actually racist. Listen closely just a few moments before that comment is made. You'll hear a black guy say: "Hey white boy, you need a magazine". Then soon after the comment follows.

My guess? These two guys were good friends and they were just harassing each other. Both were probably grinning ear to ear when they were saying that stuff. I view it as no biggie. Just one of those "inside" things you'd have to be there to understand. I highly doubt the guy who uttered that is really a raging racist.

Indeed.

You would be amazed at the stuff said back and forth amongst close team mates.

This is coming from a fellow who was known as "Cracker".

I loved it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#26]
thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#28]
This happened at Camp Baker in Najaf a few months before my unit replaced the Salvadorians (the Spanish had left earlier).

When we got there we heard a lot of good things about the Salvadorians.  They were supposedly left by a Spanish patrol and had to fend off insurgents hand to hand.  They ended up killing quite a few.  

Does anyone have any video or pictures of the fighting during the cemetary or fighting in Najaf during August?  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]
edit
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#2 Well, I enjoyed that alot. Terrorist cry baby, gotta love that.
#3 I was disappointed, No one drew faces on the bags!

#3. what would have been great.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You are probably right. I just realized what a hypocrite I am too. We had a Philipino in our platoon and one day he fell into some concertina wire. We all started yelling "Gook in the wire Gook in the wire"

I guess since being out of that element made me forget about that type of stuff and how if you are close enough you can get away with it because at the time, you are brothers and brothers are supposed to hack on each other.

I have been dealing with racists crap lately and have had my fill of it and let it thin my skin.

Thanks for pointing out what was the most probable scenario.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Better link!

direct link, just right click and save.

www.ece.msstate.edu/~dah7/Blackwater_in_Najaf.wmv

hosted on a university server, so get your tax dollars worth.

thanks for the link

Locks up My Mozilla firefox. When I use internet explorer it opens win. media player which says it can't play it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What is up with the Spanish speakers?  All I caught was "Es humo" (it's smoke) and "esta en el otro lado" (it's on the other side).  I thinking they're Guatemalan or Salvadoran.

Spanish and I believe El Salvadorian troops were there. In the first pic you can see a spanish medic.

The niggers is probably short for sand niggers. At least I hope it is because that guy is confused if he is not.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Better link!

direct link, just right click and save.

www.ece.msstate.edu/~dah7/Blackwater_in_Najaf.wmv

hosted on a university server, so get your tax dollars worth.

thanks for the link

Locks up My Mozilla firefox. When I use internet explorer it opens win. media player which says it can't play it.

looks like it got corrupted as i was uploading it, so i re-uploaded it.  might want to try again; however, the original link can now download really fast (3 minutes for me).
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#37]
tagged.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#38]
thanks, that was great.

As for the racist comments... I got no problem with that... it's war.. and evil word was applied to an evil people (the insurgents in this case). I seriously doubt that there were any american blacks attacking their position.

On side note. I don't believe that black people have a trademark on the word "nigger", no more than hispanics have a trademark on "spick" or anglos on "cracker".
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#39]
nice.......
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Took quite a while to download....and worth the wait!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I suggest you cover your ears in conflict where race or origin seperate the those fighting.

Wildboar, I suggest you don't join the military either. Lots of racists jokes flying around when I was in the Corps. All of the jokes were in good fun aimed at all races but I've never heard that many racist comments flying around ever.

Edit: Should have read ahead before posting. Carry on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:27:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
thanks, that was great.

As for the racist comments... I got no problem with that... it's war.. and evil word was applied to an evil people (the insurgents in this case).

See, this is all wrong.

We can shoot, blow up, or even vaporize the insurgents. But if we call them a nasty name, THAT is crossing the line.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#43]
man, this was a mixed bag of guys! scruffy looking civs, marines, u.s. soldiers, was that an iraqi fucking around with his mg? or a salvadoreño?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:10:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Get Some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

You would be amazed at the stuff said back and forth amongst close team mates.

This is coming from a fellow who was known as "Cracker".

I loved it.

Now that makes sense. Close firends talk like that all the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I can dig it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#48]
What's up with the scruffy looking guy talking into the camera?  He looks like Wolverine of the X-men or something...LOL.  Can you tell he likes war??  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What's up with the scruffy looking guy talking into the camera?  He looks like Wolverine of the X-men or something...LOL.  Can you tell he likes war??  

I thought the same thing. He looks like a real character. Probably would be a hoot to hang out with though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Those guys seem pretty disciplined in their firing.  ... I'm sure situations vary but they seemed a little more methodical.

Did you think so?

I think many of them were shooting semi-auto. Maybe 'cause thats what they had in their hand, or that's what those chose to set the selector on

My impression was a lack of discipline, and pretty much shooting at anything at all. and many without head gear with their back to the enemy

(oh..and Damn my lounge chair is comfortable!)

How did you like the comment from one who said "all that time in the Marines and I never fired a weapon, and look at me now" (or something to that effect)

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top