User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As for used ODs, they are probably too new to see an "used" ones for sale and I'm pretty sure they will all be G3s.

Uh yeah, duh on my part. OD Glocks should all be third gens. My bad.

I'm going to National on Monday and get to the bottom of this. I'm gonna call them out.
I'll post my findings in this thread.

HS1

Don't piss them off cause if they ARE new in box I wanna know where they are getting them from.

Just ask them. Tell them you know a FFL and average FFL price is $450 and ask them how they are getting / selling them so cheap?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't piss them off cause if they ARE new in box I wanna know where they are getting them from.

Just ask them. Tell them you know a FFL and average FFL price is $450 and ask them how they are getting / selling them so cheap?

No worries. Rich is a straight shooter and he won't bullshit me because he knows I research my purchases and know people in the biz. I can't say the same for his employees though.
If he's not there i'll come back when he is and ask him myself.

I'll take my digicam and get a shot of the ad on the front door of the shop.

HS1
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah something "wrong" there.

Dealer from EVERY FFL distributor is about $450 and these guys are selling them for $385?

Can't be NIB.

I'm telling you. LEO and Military ID will get you a NIB 3rd gen. Glock pistol for $385.
I was there (National in Davie) a couple of weeks ago and it was posted on the fron door.
The only thing on the front door and I commented to my buddy its a shame he wasn't either LEO or Mil. because he was about to pay $479 plus tax/backround check for the same G19.

Call them if you don't believe me. As for Lou's, i'm going on hearsay.

HS1

He is right Steyr. Cops do get them for $385-$399 but they add tax to that. So cops get them for about the same as a dealer. Check your PMs

I was wrong on calling BS. Dealer is about $440
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<---Enjoying the Employee Discount AND Hunting Classic deals

You work at the Lauderdale one? I was thinking of going down there today but they are weak in the FMJ ammo if I recall.

I work at the restaurant that is attached to it. Islamorada Fish Company. It's all owned by Johnny Morris, so I get the bennies of Bass Pro. I'm the office manager for the restaurant. They have a shitload of 9mm just waiting to be taken, umc and wwb.

HOLY SMOKES!!  I eat there about once a month.  Their conch fritters are outstanding...

Sorry for the thread drift.  Whom do I need to ask for next time I come in.  I would like to meet a fellow AR15.com person...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered some boots from Bass Pro by internet on Sunday.  I recieved no e-mail confirmation (although it said I would when I put in my order).  Usually, when I order stuff from Cabela's it takes two business days to get here.  Bass Pro has a shop much closer to me than any Cabela's, so I expected the same speed.  When nothing showed up on Wednesday, I called Bass Pro.  They said they had shipped by US slow mail and I should get it next week.  My conclusion so far with Bass Pro is that they are not in the same league as Cabela's.

I called my VISA card to see if Bass Pro really charged my card, and they had.  The credit card was a Cabela's VISA, and the girl on the phone gave me a really hard time.  I told her that I did not get the boots from Cabela's because they did not carry that type, and she said "Did you think to call and see if we could get them?"  She said she would let me off the hook this time.  She didn't seem to be joking.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HOLY SMOKES!!  I eat there about once a month.  Their conch fritters are outstanding...

Sorry for the thread drift.  Whom do I need to ask for next time I come in.  I would like to meet a fellow AR15.com person...

Bigfeet

Just ask for Ryan in the office

Steyr, HighStrung is right about National's LEO pricing, it is around $385 for a NIB Glock, but the reason is that the company sends this information to the agency and the agency makes the difference up, so I assume if your credentials aren't on a preapproved agency's list, you pay full price or watered down.

I buy mags from the constantly and I shoot the shit with the owner (he's a tall white haired guy, I'd say from Arkansas who thinks everyone must be 21 to possess a handgun and beleives no citizen should have class III or tasers) when I buy mags, they have a nice box of used good condition mags for any glock for $5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah something "wrong" there.

Dealer from EVERY FFL distributor is about $450 and these guys are selling them for $385?

Can't be NIB.

I'm telling you. LEO and Military ID will get you a NIB 3rd gen. Glock pistol for $385.
I was there (National in Davie) a couple of weeks ago and it was posted on the fron door.
The only thing on the front door and I commented to my buddy its a shame he wasn't either LEO or Mil. because he was about to pay $479 plus tax/backround check for the same G19.

Call them if you don't believe me. As for Lou's, i'm going on hearsay.

HS1

He is right Steyr. Cops do get them for $385-$399 but they add tax to that. So cops get them for about the same as a dealer. Check your PMs

I was wrong on calling BS. Dealer is about $440

With LEO discount Scottsdale Gun Club here in AZ is selling them at $393.20.
Models available are: 17,19,22,23,26,27,31,32,33.
Compensated versions are 25 dollars more.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#8]
$529 is a darn good price for  NIB G19.

One place that I've priced recently marks a G19 at $549.  There is one place IIRC, that prices G19/23 at $610.  But they mark everything at MSRP.  T/C Encore for $650, etc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered some boots from Bass Pro by internet on Sunday.  I recieved no e-mail confirmation (although it said I would when I put in my order).  Usually, when I order stuff from Cabela's it takes two business days to get here.  Bass Pro has a shop much closer to me than any Cabela's, so I expected the same speed.  When nothing showed up on Wednesday, I called Bass Pro.  They said they had shipped by US slow mail and I should get it next week.  My conclusion so far with Bass Pro is that they are not in the same league as Cabela's.

I called my VISA card to see if Bass Pro really charged my card, and they had.  The credit card was a Cabela's VISA, and the girl on the phone gave me a really hard time.  I told her that I did not get the boots from Cabela's because they did not carry that type, and she said "Did you think to call and see if we could get them?"  She said she would let me off the hook this time.  She didn't seem to be joking.

YOu do know that BPS doesn't ship merchandise from their retail stores, don't you?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#10]
All merchandise is shipped from Springfield MO.

ETA: There is a Georgia distribution center in the making, items may be shipped from there as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top