Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]

"Son, back in my day we didn't any of them fancy LAW's, RPG's, SAM's, or them other anti-aircraft rocket thingies. We had to take down with the enemy with improvised weapons, like demolition charges and halftracks!"

And that is why they are known as the greatest generation.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted this at a COD clan I play used to play at and they banned me for the word fock.  

I mean really!  Such languidge!  Shockin!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
free god damn bump for hilarity.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
When did Patton die?  Between end of WWII and onset of US in Korea?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
That's some damn funny stuff  there!
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Reminds me of a great Fark thread ... A player on the Axis team had died in real life so all his online buddies got together in-game from around the world to give him a final sendoff in an online church (I could not make this up, it's touching in a nerdly way)... They'd declared a temporary cessation of hostilities so they could do this. I guess everything was going very nice and respectful - they'd even set up a bunch of 88 howitzers to give the guy a 21 gun salute - until an Allied player decided to make a bombing run in his B-17 and blew a bunch of them up.

If you're not laughing out loud it's because I'm not telling it right. The guy who wrote it was totally serious and by the end, I was crying, I was laughing so hard.

That sounds freak hilarious!
~Dg84
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh man hurts to laugh that hard

T0J0: wtf is nukes?
T0J0: holy ****holy****hoylshti!!!111
*T0J0 has been eliminated.*

Funniest line of the thread.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reminds me of a great Fark thread ... A player on the Axis team had died in real life so all his online buddies got together in-game from around the world to give him a final sendoff in an online church (I could not make this up, it's touching in a nerdly way)... They'd declared a temporary cessation of hostilities so they could do this. I guess everything was going very nice and respectful - they'd even set up a bunch of 88 howitzers to give the guy a 21 gun salute - until an Allied player decided to make a bombing run in his B-17 and blew a bunch of them up.

If you're not laughing out loud it's because I'm not telling it right. The guy who wrote it was totally serious and by the end, I was crying, I was laughing so hard.

That sounds freak hilarious!
~Dg84

I'm still looking high and low. I had hopes of finding it in an Internet cache or something but am having no luck. I'll keep looking...
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
BRAHAHAHHAAHHA  
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That seriously might be one of the funniest things I've read on the internet.

This is a comedy gold mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks! I really needed a good laugh!
Like mention a few posts above this one, possibly the funniest thing I have read here in a long time!!

Up there with the flaming backpack and assplosion!

Roosevelt: im gonna attack the axis k?
benny-tow: with what? ur wheelchair?
benny-tow: lol did u mess up ur legs AND ur head?
Hitler[AoE]: ROFLMAO
benny-tow: hahahh oh **** help
Hitler: o man ur focked
paTTon: oh what now biotch
Roosevelt: whos the cripple now lol
*benny-tow has been eliminated.*

This shit is killing me!
CH
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Eureka, I found it!!!! In this Fark thread from way back, (someone had died in real life and his online friends had an in-game funeral).

This happened as well on WWII Online. A member of an axis squad died of cancer in real life, and a few days after his squad and a whole group of others had a memorial service for him. Probably about 300 people were in the ingame church as prayers and speeches were said. After that we all went outside for a ceremonial 21 gun salute fired off by 88mm AT guns. It was very heartwarming, yet sad at the same time.

Then some asshat allied player came in with a bomber and started bombing us for cheep thrills. farkhole.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
When did Patton die?  Between end of WWII and onset of US in Korea?

December 21, 1945.
He was organizing the reconstruction of Germany and was involved in an automobile (jeep) accident.

Here: www.pattonhq.com/funeral.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Hehe    Good one !
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#19]
My friend, you get a star.  *  That was great.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump for hilarity!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#22]
lmao
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Laffed so hard i was crying.

Best. Post. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Very clever.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#25]
That was a classic.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hitler[AoE]: ur never getting in my city
*Hitler[AoE] has been eliminated.*
benny~tow: OMG u noob you killed yourself
Eisenhower: ROFLOLOLOL
Stalin: OMG LMAO!
Hitler[AoE]: i didnt click there omg this game blows
*Hitler[AoE] has left the game*

I'm in tears... gotta save this one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Hitler[AoE]: quit u hacker so u dont ruin my record
Eisenhower: Nuts!
benny~tow: wtf that mean?
Eisenhower: meant to say nutsack lol finger slipped

Puts that whole Battle of the Bulge "nuts" question to rest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Hilarious!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I read it again and laughed, so I'm bumping it one final time.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#31]
You know what's interesting?

Finding the true humor in that requires more than a passing familiarity with WWII history.

I've passed it along to a lot of folks, and many didn't get most of the jokes.

Not everyone is familiary with how amazing the United States' war mobilization was in the context of its economic difficulties.  The motor of capitalism is truly amazing, and many don't get it.

Dozens weren't familiar with the surrender demand or the one-word response during the battle of the bulge.

And more than I can count weren't familiar with Patton's demise so as to recognize its reference in that bit of humor.

If it is true, as I believe it is, that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it, then we're in a lot of trouble because, this crowd being a general exception, much of our society simply doen't know or grasp the history of the most profound world conflict of the last century.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Finding the true humor in that requires more than a passing familiarity with WWII history.

Not everyone is familiary with how amazing the United States' war mobilization was in the context of its economic difficulties.  The motor of capitalism is truly amazing, and many don't get it.

Dozens weren't familiar with the surrender demand or the one-word response during the battle of the bulge.

And more than I can count weren't familiar with Patton's demise so as to recognize its reference in that bit of humor.

If it is true, as I believe it is, that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it, then we're in a lot of trouble because, this crowd being a general exception, much of our society simply doen't know or grasp the history of the most profound world conflict of the last century.

Yeah that or we were just Hacking
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#33]
OMFG

My stomach hurts, and a I am crying my eyes out from laughing so hard.

Hitler[AoE]: u guys are fockin gay
Hitler[AoE]: ur never getting in my city
*Hitler[AoE] has been eliminated.*
benny~tow: OMG u noob you killed yourself
Eisenhower: ROFLOLOLOL
Stalin: OMG LMAO!
Hitler[AoE]: i didnt click there omg this game blows
*Hitler[AoE] has left the game*

BEST LINE EVER.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Friggin hilarious!! HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Very true... I got all of it, except Patton and the Jeep until someone clarified.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Very true... I got all of it, except Patton and the Jeep until someone clarified.

+1. Now, MacArthur, OTOH  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#37]
BTT, cause this one deserves it.

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sounds like something I would do...

"Take this you faggot peaceniks!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"Take this you faggot peaceniks!!!!"

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top