BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jesus Christ.  Why not just start quartering police in your homes, for the right "balance" of safty against the almost inalienable rights we have.

Using public transportation is a privilege, not a right, sir.

Well gee that  convinced me.

Next thing you know kids riding school buses will have to recieve a body cavity search to board.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wednesday I tried to enter the tunnel wearing a bomb but they asked me to consent to a search, so I turned around and left. I'll try again on Friday.

bomber will just rig the bomb to blow when the bag is opened. those turnstyle areas are probably crowded enough to get numerous casulties

If a small bioweapon is triggered, it won't matter where it's set off at as long as it's close to people.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He said officers posted at subway entrances would not engage in racial profiling

Raymond Kelly.. you stupid cocksucker.

Stop ALL muslim immigration now!!  

too late. the british bombers were born there
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wednesday I tried to enter the tunnel wearing a bomb but they asked me to consent to a search, so I turned around and left. I'll try again on Friday.

bomber will just rig the bomb to blow when the bag is opened. those turnstyle areas are probably crowded enough to get numerous casulties

I was about to say the same thing.  A crowd of police and waiting passengers would be an awfully target rich environment for a suicide bomber.

So many of these ideas just utterly fail to deal with the concept of "suicidal terrorists".  It's just reflexive police-stateism whether by malice or ignorance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
after this news I am never going to NY.  I always knew it to be a filty place of crime anyways but this just takes the cake.

I've never had a desire to go there. One or two of my friends left today to go there for the weekend to visit a couple other friends. I could ahve gone and only had to pay some gas money and food as we would have mouched a place to sleep so no hotel bill.
Didn't interest me at all, and now NYC is even worse so I have no regrets
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
after this news I am never going to NY.  I always knew it to be a filty place of crime anyways but this just takes the cake.

Ironically, it's safer than any other big city in America and is pretty clean and nice these days.  That doesn't mean it's not a police state though.

You sure about that?

The top 6 largest cities in the US are New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and Philadelphia.  You think NYC is safer than all of those?  I's bet that Houston and Phoenix are safer than NYC.

and let's be fair. NYC is quite a big larger than Phoenix or Houston, probably more people than the 2 combined
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said officers posted at subway entrances would not engage in racial profiling, and that passengers are free to ``turn around and leave.''

rrriiiiiigggghhhhtttttt
some arab looking guy turns around and leaves the cops at the turnstyle might not go after him but they'll radio to the cop outside who will stop him

LOL...NYPD portables do not transmit in the subway....Only those assigned to transit bureau have radios that can transmit, and they don't always work either....

fine then they'll use any of a number of other communications devices, possibly even old fashioned hard wired phone
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if the guys at the subway entrances will be like the ones down in lower manhattan....with M4's but no magazines.

That might scare a person that has never seen an AR15 up close, but to those of us that know better, we see it for it is...posturing...nothing else. no different from the NG guys in the airports after 9-11......M16's.....no ammo....all show, no action.

But you know what I really wonder?
This website has thousands of members that feel as though its time to take a stand.
There are many many websites and groups out there, many far more extreme in ideology than us.

It may not be a majority....but then again, we are talking about a heavily armed and genuinely motived minority.

At what point......after what act of terror......does that silent minority make their voice heard, and take this country back? If you think about it, decent god fearing civilians, law abiding folks, havent taken arms to defend this nation since the revolutionary war.

What is it going to take?
What event is going to be the final straw?

I remember going to the range many years ago as a teenager....you would occasionally see a guy with an AR15....almost never an AK47....but mostly just simple basic handguns and hunting rifles.

Every range I go to these days......guys by the dozen...tables full of AR's, AK's, FAL's, precision tactical rifles, class III.......people are armed......and people are growing impatient.

I am scared to see what our country will look like if we are attacked in some major way, and the President (whoever it is at that time) gets on TV and starts off with the religion of peace shit.

How much more PC bullshit are we supposed to eat?
Terrorists may win this thing if they keep attacking major cities....that is where all the liberals are.
Bring your fight to the heartland....see what happens.

The good hippies and artists in the Village will just go along with the bag searches.....
I gotta believe however, there are places left in this nation where people will do what needs to be done....and if that means hunting these cockroaches ourselves so be it.

Remember, during the Beslan attrocity, people were taking to the streets with AK47's, and burning mosques to the ground......think that cant happen here?

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Which begs the question...

Have they EVER found a bomb being smuggled onto a plane in someone's bag?

Have the ever even found a GUN being smuggled onto a plane by anyone who (after further investigation) turned out to be linked to a terrorist group?

Has this ever-growing expansion of intrusion on our basic rights really been shown to be an effective deterrance to terrorism? Or have they simply been pushing the terrorists to new avenues of targets?

They searched all bags getting onto planes - so now the terrorists are bombing subways.

Now we search bags getting onto subways and so the terrorists may bomb public buses next.

When they start searching people getting onto buses, the terrorists may bomb cabs in front of key downtown buildings.

When they start search cars heading downtown, the terrorists may walk among the crowds and bomb them on the streets.

When they start searching people just walking in public, the terrorists may stay home and bomb apartment buildings and neighborhoods they live in.

When they start searching homes... it'll be too late.

There'll be nothing worth defending in America anymore.

Well said.

What I would like to see, but will never happen, is for folks to start carrying backpacks, by the thousands. Fill backpack with styrofoam peanuts, so it makes a mess when it is opened for search. Then randomly start leaving said backpacks all over the trains, stations etc.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The trick will be to see what happens when the first person says "NO" and walks away.

If that's the end of it then fine.  I don't like the idea but at least you have the choice.

Now, if that person is subject to ANY bullshit after saying "NO" and turning to depart, then we've got a whole 'nother kettle of fish to deal with.

Unless, after he says "no", and starts to walk away, he pushes the detonator and blows himself and everyone else up anyway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wonder if the guys at the subway entrances will be like the ones down in lower manhattan....with M4's but no magazines.

or the NYPD guy at wall street with a backwards aimpoint who's pic was floating around for a while
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]
This, to me is an excellant post by The Macallan. BRAVO, brother.  Way to keep WWIII in perspective. Thumbs up.

Quoted:

Quoted:
He said officers posted at subway entrances would not engage in racial profiling

They look for Muslim terrorists by examining the handbags of little old white ladies on subways.

They secure our border by allowing water stations along "known" illegal alien smuggling routes and denigrate citizens who lawfully try to help Border Patrol agents find illegals.

They require all people show valid ID to board a plane - but to require that all people show valid ID to vote is racism.

They refuse to offend Muslims after 9-11 by allowing public schools to have children "pretend" to be Muslim for a day, including reciting Muslim prayers - yet they tear down a sign saying "God Bless America" at public schools after 9-11 for being "establishment of religion".

Putting up an American flag on a college campus was banned as being "insensitive" after 9-11, yet burning an American flag on college campuses is considered "free speech".

We're going down. We're going down HARD.

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#13]
You ever notice how many guys here think that

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,"

is defined as

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against ALL searches and seizures,

I wonder how many of these guys bemoan that "the police" can't protect you, don't have to protect you.  So now when it is happening waaaah waaah

So you don't think that  NYC insuring domestic Tranquility, providing for the common defence, promoting the general Welfare, is something they should be doing?
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Time for a little rant here, but I've a feeling I'll be preaching to the choir.....

Alright, first off, Airlines (at least the major ones) ARE pubilc transportation. Your tax dollars and mine are going to keeping these worthless hunks of pork afloat. IMO, any time tax payer money goes towards something, it becomes public....its a pity that it isn't treated that way

Second, I belive it is time to start using racial profiling. In the past, I've been opposed to it, for one reason. Blacks, hispanics and the other groups, though on average are more likely to commit a crime, aren't committing 100% of the lawbreaking going on. Just because you are white doesn't mean you can't break a law

However, to my knowlege(someone correct me if I'm wrong here), all of these terrorist bombings have been commited to people of Middle Eastern decent. ALL of them, 100%. Start searching them whenever they get on planes, busses, subways, whatever. THAT will stop LOTS of this crap.

Also, its time we grab the rest of the world by the balls and SQUEEZE, and I mean squeeze HARD. Cut off ALL aid, to everyone. Impose sancitons that acutally work against the countries supporting terrorism and start bombing the hell out of them. No more sending in our boys on the ground to help these motherfuckers, who repay them with blowing them up, no sir. BOMBS, and lots of them. Not Klinton style bombings, I'm talking bombings that the likes of which the world hasn't seen since Berlin.

Anyway, thats my take on this stuff....

-Storm
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As long as you have the right to refuse consent to a search and leave without being detained, I think it's reasonable.

I agree. If I say no and turn around there shouldnt be any problems. But I agree that this must make the jihadists laugh their asses off. Closer and closer theya re making us live like them under the gun. Everytime we do something like this, lets them know they are scaring Americans and are in fact terrorizing us as they love.

Whats even worse are the alleged patriots who will chamion any infringement on our freedoms for extra security. I swear some folks here would stop just short of gestapo tactics as long as their favorite political ideals were still held by the big gov.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No significant difference than Airports and courthouses doing it. As long as there is proper signage

"Those who enter this facility subject to random search. Those who refuse will be denied access."

I keep hoping for the opportunity to represent somebody who is subpoenaed to the courthouse as a witness or for jury duty, but refuses to be searched. The guy will not be admitted to the courthouse. Is he in contempt? "Your honor, I tried to comply, but the deputy wouldn't let me in." It'd be interesting watching a judge explain where he got the authority (as a corollary to his authority to summon jurors and witnesses) to compel people to submit to searches without probable cause.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I would love for the folks who defend the above scenarios to champion this hopefully unlikely scenario..

You are walking down the street and a cop stops you. HE demands ID and tells you that in order to get to where you are going you will have to undergo a strip search in the truck parked nearby. Since the walkway was built with tax dollars you have no rights  on the sidewalk. They call it reasonable to do it this way and many of the people you thought were patriots actually encouraged this behavior and voted in folks who make laws such as that.

Would you be ok with that? Why not? Its for your own good and the terrosists are scared now because of the searched being done everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You ever notice how many guys here think that

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures,"
is defined as
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against ALL searches and seizures,
I wonder how many of these guys bemoan that "the police" can't protect you, don't have to protect you.  So now when it is happening waaaah waaah
So you don't think that  NYC insuring domestic Tranquility, providing for the common defence, promoting the general Welfare, is something they should be doing?

I have finally figured out where you're coming from. You cannot abide the idea of unoffending people being left alone to pursue their private affairs. It seems you have never heard of a police intrusion into peoples' affairs that you didn't think reasonable.

Your views have now put you in the ridiculous position of arguing in support of (actually all you're doing is mocking opponents of) seizures of persons and searches of their effects which as a matter of stated policy are based on nothing at all - not even mere suspicion - except a person's decision to enter the subway system. As other posters have pointed out, the policy has no chance of preventing the targeted harm; the very most it can do is ensure that the blast takes place on the platform instead of in a train car. And yet, you mock those who think people have the right to come and go without interference in the absence of some particularized reason to believe they are breaking the law.

If we learn anything from your post it's that even an armed man can live on his knees.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NYPD Will Begin Checking Bags on Subways

He said officers posted at subway entrances would not engage in racial profiling, and that passengers are free to ``turn around and leave.''

1010wins.com/topstories/local_story_202135404.html

I like Carlos Mencia's take on this topic.

media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper344/stills/jwpn16lk.jpg

After opening the show with a long and spirited tirade about Sept. 11, 2001 being the greatest day in the history of America for African-Americans and Latinos because they were finally accepted as Americans - suspicion being passed to Middle Easterners - he says those whose feelings have not yet been hurt should stick around.

Mencia spends much of the show baiting Middle Easterners. He says he is justified in this because every other minority group was forced to go through a great deal of hazing in order to be accepted into mainstream American society.
He doesn't believe any group should get to slide by on political correctness that pervades the culture.

w00t!11!
If anybody knows, CARLOS KNOWS!
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#20]
What's that one movie with Denzel and Bruce Willis where Bruce is a colonel, or something, and Denzel is FBI...well, anyway, here's some of the dialogue from that movie that I copied and have had for awhile.  Unfortunately, it's kinda fitting for this thread:

"Are you people insane? What are you talking about? .....

What if what they really want is for us to herd children into stadiums?

and put soldiers on the street

and have Americans looking over their shoulders

Bend the law. . Shred the Constitution, just little bit .......

If we do that, everything that we have bled, fought and for died for is over. AND THEY'VE WON.

THEY'VE ALREADY WON.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I woud love for the folks who defend the above scenarios to champion this hopefully unlikely scenario..

You are walking down the street and a cop stops you. HE demands ID and tells you that in order to get to where you are going you will have to undergo a strip search in the truck parked nearby. Since the walkway was built with tax dollars you have no rights  on the sidewalk. They call it reasonable to do it this way and many of the people you thought were patriots actually encouraged this behavior and voted in folks who make laws such as that.

Would you be ok with that? Why not? Its for your own good and the terrorists are scared now because of the searched being done everywhere.

That is an absurd scenario. The fourth amendment guarantees our right to unreasonable search and seizure. I very seriously doubt that there's a court of law in this country that would consider your above scenario o be 'reasonable.'

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
As long as you have the right to refuse consent to a search and leave without being detained, I think it's reasonable.

I have to agree.  They are not randomly detaining people without their consent.  You still have the option to leave.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"Free" States here I come!

When are you moving down???????????  You could probably get on with Barrow Sheriff.  It's nice and quiet out here for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So what are you going to say when you are on the side of the road at a random search checkpoint, and are told: Mr. lu380, you are free to refuse this search but you won't be allowed to drive down this road.

Or: Mr lu380, you can refuse us permission to search your house, but we can't allow you back in until you do..

Dave
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 3:30:46 AM EDT
[#26]
So, on one hand some would tie the police's hands when it comes to searches, yet these same types will criticize the police for not preventing an attack like the ones in London.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Random searches are a continued waste of tax dollars...

Which begs the question...

Have they EVER found a bomb being smuggled onto a plane in someone's bag?

Have the ever even found a GUN being smuggled onto a plane by anyone who (after further investigation) turned out to be linked to a terrorist group?

Has this ever-growing expansion of intrusion on our basic rights really been shown to be an effective deterrance to terrorism? Or have they simply been pushing the terrorists to new avenues of targets?

They searched all bags getting onto planes - so now the terrorists are bombing subways.

Now we search bags getting onto subways and so the terrorists may bomb public buses next.

When they start searching people getting onto buses, the terrorists may bomb cabs in front of key downtown buildings.

When they start search cars heading downtown, the terrorists may walk among the crowds and bomb them on the streets.

When they start searching people just walking in public, the terrorists may stay home and bomb apartment buildings and neighborhoods they live in.

When they start searching homes... it'll be too late.

There'll be nothing worth defending in America anymore.

What do you say we just kill all Arabs and this will all go away.
I mean deport...sorry
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I can't wait to hear about my blond wife with freckles having her bag searched in the subway. I guess since it is random (without profiling) she could be suspicious. Kelly is an asshole! Whats next Mr Mayor!?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#29]

if you are "free" to NOT use public transportation because you won't consent to random searches, are you also free to get a tax break for that public "benefit" not being available to you.

ETA: no RANDOM search could possibly be REASONABLE. "reasonable" implies some sort of justification, and the blanket-word "terrorism" is not justification.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#30]
If I was an old lady, or a middle aged white guy, I would be very careful of what you have on your person in NYC!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:44:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No significant difference than Airports and courthouses doing it. As long as there is proper signage

"Those who enter this facility subject to random search. Those who refuse will be denied access."

I keep hoping for the opportunity to represent somebody who is subpoenaed to the courthouse as a witness or for jury duty, but refuses to be searched. The guy will not be admitted to the courthouse. Is he in contempt? "Your honor, I tried to comply, but the deputy wouldn't let me in." It'd be interesting watching a judge explain where he got the authority (as a corollary to his authority to summon jurors and witnesses) to compel people to submit to searches without probable cause.

You could always represent yourself.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#32]
How did I miss this thread?

Guys:  For the entire time I've been flying there have been searches and security measures at airports.

Its because the magnitude of the intrusion is minor compared to the magnitude of the harm if one of these blood ticks gets onto a plane with a bomb.

What, really, is the difference with mass transit?  (Other than the much higher ease of a bomber getting in and, arguably, the higher need for security).

You guys are letting the liberals agitate you into making more of this than it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#33]
But not ROPers right, they can't searchmore than three or four a day because they don't want to profile because that would be bad right. I really hate to say it, but, no wait I don't hate to say it. Profiling works when it comes to terrorists, it's a proven fact and it's proven everyday in Isreal. But here oh  no God forbid we should actually look a little closer at the people that are most likely to packing a bomb in that backpack or briefcase, or under that heavy coat in the middle of summer. All out of the fear that we may offend one group of people..........

The real test will come as somone pointed out, when the first person says NO and turns around to leave, will they be allowed to, or will they be tackled to the ground and cuffed and stuffed. Of course I'm thinking most people will be scared to say no out of fear of being arrested or treated as a criminal just for exercising thier right. It is public transportation, paid for by tax dollers, it's not a private enterprise like an airline. This is bullshit. Once again Americans will lose some of thier freedoms for a little bit of precieved safety.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I heard on the radio that New Yawkers were happy to be searched by JBTs because it makes them feel secure.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I heard on the radio that New Yawkers were happy to be searched by JBTs because it makes them feel secure.

The news has been interviewing people on the subway all morning and its pretty much 50/50. Some agree with it and others do not....
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jesus Christ.  Why not just start quartering police in your homes, for the right "balance" of safty against the almost inalienable rights we have.

Using public transportation is a privilege, not a right, sir. Just like putting up with the TSA bullshit at airports, you have the right to turn around & drive to where ever you're going. Ditto in NYC for subways.

Driving your car is a "privilege too, so it'll be fine if they search ya in your driveway before work??  

BAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They look for Muslim terrorists by examining the handbags of little old white ladies on subways.

They secure our border by allowing water stations along "known" illegal alien smuggling routes and denigrate citizens who lawfully try to help Border Patrol agents find illegals.

They require all people show valid ID to board a plane - but to require that all people show valid ID to vote is racism.

They refuse to offend Muslims after 9-11 by allowing public schools to have children "pretend" to be Muslim for a day, including reciting Muslim prayers - yet they tear down a sign saying "God Bless America" at public schools after 9-11 for being "establishment of religion".

Putting up an American flag on a college campus was banned as being "insensitive" after 9-11, yet burning an American flag on college campuses is considered "free speech".

We're going down. We're going down HARD.

Lookit what you wrote mac. You REALLY think there's a "War On Terror"???

NOPE!!!!

The only "War", is the one against the Constitution, and the "people">>>>>>>>
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So, on one hand some would tie the police's hands when it comes to searches, yet these same types will criticize the police for not preventing an attack like the ones in London.

I noticed no one bothered with a reply. I agree with you 100%
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#39]
" Yeah right, no need to get involved or help keep terrs nervous in walking the streets.

How very stupid we have become when we don't even want to cooperate with something that makes an enemy think twice about implementing a plan. Some of you go on and on about your rights from gov't activities, but forget that you are trading them for increased likelyhood of having your rights terminated by terrorists instead. Which is better? A state of war effectively interferes with ones rights whether you accept it or not. Again, typical of effete and delusional Americans we are far more interested in our personal comfort and vague theoretical concepts of determining responsibility and cooperation instead of direct action regarding group survival or prevailing against a visible and obvious threat from within.

Part of an adaquate defence is providing the appearance to a potential foe is that we would not tolerate their interventions to any degree. Sadly we have failed at this for some time now, that even stateless entities which are essentially criminal groups have an easy time of holding us hostage. How far we have fallen. If somehow we expect to root out internal and international threats by waiting for someone else to look out after our own best interests, and if we allow ourselves to believe that our opponents should get 'equal' or 'fair' treatment meaning we will not prosecute hostilities to the same degree of intensity as they, we will surely lose, and would deserve to as demonstration that our society is not a valid or reasonably sustainable form of human existance given human nature being what it is... "
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I woud love for the folks who defend the above scenarios to champion this hopefully unlikely scenario..

Would you be ok with that? Why not? Its for your own good and the terrorists are scared now because of the searched being done everywhere.

That is an absurd scenario. The fourth amendment guarantees our right to unreasonable search and seizure. I very seriously doubt that there's a court of law in this country that would consider your above scenario o be 'reasonable.'

Give it time. 50 years ago who would have thought it reasonable to have metal detectors on planes, drunk driving roadblocks, terry searches, or random searches on the subway. I predict in 50 years it will be reasonable for police to search your home without a warrant to ensure it is not being used to make weapons of mass destruction.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#41]
It is so stupid, lets see a bomber is approached by three cops...what do you have in the bag? BOOM!!!
It is feel good law enforcement and will only change the target or get cops killed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#42]
"Terrorists will not change the American way of life. The terrorists hate our freedom and they will not win"

Nothing more than feel good gum flapping
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the speculation is so vague, broad and imprecise  there's nothing to say in response. Sure, some people are hypocrites that will never be satisfied. People who are realistic know that if someone is determined to engage in these types of homicidal acts, they will be able to.

Additional security measures do not ensure commensurate safety. Read the thread about the heroin overdose on death row. All the prison security on death row and even in many secured housing units (SHUs) in highly secured facilities across the nation is not enough to stop substantial traffic in contraband. Searching the body or even the home of every New Yorker daily would not guarantee that terrorists could not strike there. All it does is generate a false sense of security while being, at a minimum, terribly inconvenient and at its worst, a blatant violation of the Constitution.

I, for one, refuse to live in fear. I am ready to go on a moment's notice. I will not be cowed by by people who can only advance their own warped view of the world by destroying those who do not share it. If you want to imprison yourselves, folks, go right ahead. You can leave me out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:29:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
What's that one movie with Denzel and Bruce Willis where Bruce is a colonel, or something, and Denzel is FBI...well, anyway, here's some of the dialogue from that movie that I copied and have had for awhile.  Unfortunately, it's kinda fitting for this thread:

"Are you people insane? What are you talking about? .....

What if what they really want is for us to herd children into stadiums?

and put soldiers on the street

and have Americans looking over their shoulders

Bend the law. . Shred the Constitution, just little bit .......

If we do that, everything that we have bled, fought and for died for is over. AND THEY'VE WON.

THEY'VE ALREADY WON.

The Siege

+ 1000

"The Army is a Broad Sword not a scaple"  Ever wonder which side the military will be on if a modern Civil Wa........i mean "Civil Disturbance" were to happen, just watch this movie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those who would trade a little freedom for a little "safety", will have neither one........

You sound JUST like the gun grabbers.....

Only what YOU advocate is far worse........
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I believe the news just announced that NYPD will not implement this for now.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I think we can all agree that this could have been/can be prevented or at least drastically lowered by one major undertaking......
CLOSE THE DAMN BORDER DAGGUMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

WE HAVE A WINNER! - You are correct sir, the terrorist's goal is by definition TERROR not targets. Sure, they may prefer to get on the train carrying the Pres.,VP, Cabinet heads and high ranking Pentagon officials before going boom, but hey, they will take what opportunities come along.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

if you are "free" to NOT use public transportation because you won't consent to random searches, are you also free to get a tax break for that public "benefit" not being available to you.

ETA: no RANDOM search could possibly be REASONABLE. "reasonable" implies some sort of justification, and the blanket-word "terrorism" is not justification.

THANK YOU!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top