They bite.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Better than cats!

SGat1r5

Should cats be banned?

I would throw my full support behind a plan which would ban any cat which is not dubbed a good mouser by myself.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Never seen a gun jump up and bite the fuck out of someone.  Talking an armed idiot out of commiting a crime may work and it may not, but talking is an option.  Talking to a pissed of pit will get your ass bit.

I'm not for banning them.  Good owners usually equals good dog.  

My gun is predictable.......my dog ain't.    
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ban idiots who raise bad dogs

+1
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
bump to see more voting results
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]
For me the offical Position for a Pit bull is on it's side with a .45cal. entrance wound between it's shoulders gasping it's last!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
For me the offical Position for a Pit bull is on it's side with a .45cal. entrance wound between it's shoulders gasping it's last!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as I can keep my pet King Cobra (has not been de-fanged) I have no problem with anyone keeping a pit bull. I've raised my snake to be a "good-guy".
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My getto trash (ok, not getto, more colonia) neighbors raised them.  I had to through quite a few dead animals in the trash after (mostly cats, one possum, and a squirrel (but think the squirrel and possium were poisoned). They made almost no effort to contain those dogs.  Eventually after they attacked the mail man they were "contained".

Sad thing, they were increadably smart dogs (I know on one occasion I yelled at them to go home, and watched them run accross the street and hop over their 4 ft fence with no problem), and probably fairly well behaived most of the time.  To bad they were more inteligent than their owners.

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love my pit bull and plan on buying another when he passes.  The breed of dog isn't the problem, it's the people who raise them badly.  Anyone who wants to ban all pit bulls yet thinks we should all be able to own firearms, should look in the mirror.

Guns/dogs are not the problem, it's the bad owners/breeders.hr

AMEN brother.  The owners are to be held responsible for all actions of their dog.  From the time they pick up the dog they are the ones that need to be responsible and pick the right litter.  Not from some cracker that over-breeds.   Any dog can be aggresive.  Bottom line.........
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I love my pit bull and plan on buying another when he passes.  The breed of dog isn't the problem, it's the people who raise them badly.  Anyone who wants to ban all pit bulls yet thinks we should all be able to own firearms, should look in the mirror.

Guns/dogs are not the problem, it's the bad owners/breeders.

This LAME ASS analogy is STILL invalid.  A gun does nothing on it's own.

I am not for banning them, but one on my property is going to get shot, period.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I voted "no" they should not be banned.  Buut I am in favor of restrictions.  If my community voted to outlaw pits in our township, I would vots yes as many times as i could.  I just don't trust them around families and children.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I would say that as a LLC, ar15.com has no position on pitbulls..  I can't imagaine ed or juan opening that can of worms.    

And for asking for a bunch of members 'offical position' sounds silly.  Just call it the opinion of the majority.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I own two border collies.  They have been breed over the centuries to heard animals.  They do this on instinct.   I have not train them to do so.  Pitbulls have been bread to fight.  They also will follow there instincts.  Not all of them, but they sure do have there share of problems.  Not just with kids, but adults also.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So then what breed next?

I can raise a Boxer to kill intruders too.  Or a Shar-Pei.  Or a Doberman.  Husky.  Wolfhound.

Etc, etc, etc.....

Banning things like a breed of dog is asinine and it's taking the "easy way out" while never solving the underlying problem.

At some point there will be a list of everything banned that exceeds the things that aren't banned.

Wonder if we will feel safer and more free then?

You should know better than to bring logic into an emotional argument!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I own two border collies.  They have been breed over the centuries to heard animals.  They do this on instinct.   I have not train them to do so.  Pitbulls have been bread to fight.  They also will follow there instincts.  Not all of them, but they sure do have there share of problems.  Not just with kids, but adults also.  

And when were they bred to fight humans? What vast deposit of knowlege do you draw from? Was it your years of breeding a fighting line of dogs? Or maybe hours and hours of research before making that statement?

Google is your friend. Use it prior to making statements in which your ignorace of the subject is unmasked.

GT
and the word you were looking for is THEIR. also BRED and HERD. Also, Pit Bull is two words.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Just keep your Pit away from my pet porcupine next time.

Now I have to keep the poor thing indoors until all his quills grow back.

www.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/dogporc1.jpg

www.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/dogporc2.jpg
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#20]
NO
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just keep your Pit away from my pet porcupine next time.

Now I have to keep the poor thing indoors until all his quills grow back.

graphics1.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/dogporc1.jpg

graphics1.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/dogporc2.jpg

I think that dog was a Bull Terrier (Spuds Makenzie) not a Pit. APBT's faces aren't long and snooty.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top