Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2001 7:29:38 AM EDT
I heard on the radio the other day that Colorado has the highest denial rate for gun purchases because they will deny you if you just have an arrest record  without a conviction. They failed to mention if you supply them the proper paper work stating that you were not convicted you can reverse the denial. I know because I had to do it twice. I was arrested ten years ago for a felony offense that never went to trial it was dropped by the DA. I had to go through hell and high water to procure the necessary documents to reverse it. Archive records,calling the CBI and the police department. Anybody else have to do this?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they not go through the FBI for checks out there? or is there an additional CO state check?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
They go through the C.B.I Colorado Bureau of Investigations.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I read in the Rocky Mountain News that out of 2,094 appeals 1,785 resulted in reversal. It sounds to me that the state needs to update it's records so that 1,785 law abiding citizens can exercise their constitutional rights.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was living up there, I recall where one had to go thru the courts (with a lawyer), and pay court costs to get your non-conviction arrest record wiped clean.

Translation: Get your check book out.

Colorado has become really paranoid since Owens became Governor:
I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

I wish Vickie Buckley hadn't died: She would have made a great Governor.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Colorado has become really paranoid since Owens became Governor:
I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

I wish Vickie Buckley hadn't died: She would have made a great Governor.

Jay
Arizona
View Quote

HA! That's for sure. Owens is just another Romer.  [puke]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I heard on the radio the other day that Colorado has the highest denial rate for gun purchases because they will deny you if you just have an arrest record  without a conviction. They failed to mention if you supply them the proper paper work stating that you were not convicted you can reverse the denial. I know because I had to do it twice. I was arrested ten years ago for a felony offense that never went to trial it was dropped by the DA. I had to go through hell and high water to procure the necessary documents to reverse it. Archive records,calling the CBI and the police department. Anybody else have to do this?
View Quote

DOES LAWSUIT RING A BELL?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top