Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Lougotzz
Up State
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The largest gun safes are too small for most collectors.  I know several people who have 4 or 5 safes with 20-25 guns per safe if not more.  And they make safes that are rated for up to 40 long guns and even vault doors for your walk in gun safe types.  I don't even think they make a 4 gun safe.

If you collected coins, or stamps would you have a limit?

Guns are just as reasonable to collect as coins, stamps, etc. and doing so is perfectly legal.  

As my father in law said before I married his daughter, "There are some things that women just don't understand -like going hunting.  Don't waste your time arguing about it, just do it"  The truth is that they are going to dislike it anyway so why argue about it.

Nobody ever said you had to agree on everything once you get married.  It has to be give and take.  If owning firearms is important to you, then you should exercise your right to take this issue and give in somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife has told me I can only have 4 guns (except for my business). 1 small handgun for defense. 1 set up for IDPA. 1 long arm. 1 shotgun. unless I can prove owning more is not weird or abnormal. Can I get some help here? Backround is she is from N.Ireland and really doesn't like guns because the brits used to point them at her and also killed some of her friends.
View Quote

Tell her you need to buy a LOTS more guns in case the BRITS INVADE AMERICA.

Tell her you need Assault Weapons (3 of each type: 1 for her, 1 for you, 1 for spare parts (back up): which means you need 3 AK47's, 3 AK74's, 3 AR15's, 3 M14's, 3 FALS, etc.) You also need some really accurate Bolt Action Rifles (2-223's, 2 308's, 3 300 Win Mag, 2 338 Lapua, 1 50 BMG (cause a 30 lb is too much for her to carry..then again maybe not...)

You also need Semi Automatic Handguns and Revolvers, Lever Action Rifles (in case of Indian trouble), gotta have some Single Action Colts or Ruger Vacquero's (it's a Cowboy thing and is expected out of every American),
Gotta have SHOTGUNS (Pump Actions 12 Gauge, Semi-Automatic 20 Gauge, Need some nice Over/Unders and Side x Sides for bird hunting, and clays).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top