Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2001 11:32:48 PM EDT
Anyone know where you can get receiver plans and parts for a GE minigun?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure, get ahold of Mike Dillon [url]www.dillomprecision.com[/url]. ask him for the plans[;D]. Or better yet, tell him you are the procurement agent for the Peoples Republic of Canada and you wish to purchase several of his fine weapons!!!
BTW, You MIGHT find plans. Parts kits aren't available (but Dillon will sel you parts to keep your minigun running. If you are an eligible agency or Government.[;D][;D][;D]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
just do search on google they got to be around some where. hey nayone know the patent number? u could write to the us patent office and request a copy if u had that number?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked around on Google, only found replica's and stuff on attack helicopters, if you have other results put up a link.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The good news is that [url]www.mr40mm.com[/url] sells 80% machined minigun receviers and some misc parts like bbls.

The bad news is (according to gun industry gossip) is that Mike Dillon is a badass.  He bought every piece of tooling and parts for the minigun from GE.  He's the only guy that can make the things work reliably.  He doesnt bid on contracts, the .gov comes to him.  What that means basically is that there are no competitors for the business which means that Dillon isthe only one who makes new parts.  

Now, that doesnt mean there isnt any old parts lying around out there somewhere.  Youll have to do ALOT of digging and researching for them, but you might find them.  

Also, the patent for the minigun ran out long ago, I think, and since Dillon isthe only the .gov buys from, theres no need for a patent.  

To sum things up, I'd start at Mr40mm and see if he can help you.  Hope I was somewhat helpful

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Mr40mm got back to me in an email and informed me he could help me make one with 80% receiver and parts for about 20 thousand $, and since an electric version would be illegal i its possible to make one with a crank.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top