Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2001 11:27:01 PM EDT
What is going on in Washington? First we have Ashcroft's statement, and not only does he say private citizens should be allowed to own firearms, but then goes on to quote some of our founding fathers. When I read his statements I thought I was reading a post on this board!!!

Now we have headlines reading "U.S. says no to U.N. gun control". Now granted this is not nearly enough, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

My question is, are times really changing? can we expect to see more of this kind of thing? or are we simply being lulled to sleep for the next major assault?

I have to admit I have been thrown off balance by all of this recently, after all we haven't seen anything remotely like this in over 8 years.(clinton/gore)

What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
man i hope so.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Now is agood time to hoard hi-caps, stockpile ammo, build foodstuffs, make friends, start reloading, get active politically, and train. These days won't last, we already lost the senate, the media still hates us, and there are still 3 Clintons runnin' around this counrty, one in office.Time is not on our side.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you are seeing a resurgance of the "Gun Culture". It is also becoming more socially acceaptable IMHO. It, however, is no time for us to let our gaurd down. More antigun laws have been passed in a "Progun" legislature than a non progun one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Judging from the lessons of history, this is a temporary lull.  Be certain, the assault on the Constitution hasn't stopped.  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".  Get complacent, lose some more freedom.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now is agood time to hoard hi-caps, stockpile ammo, build foodstuffs, make friends, start reloading, get active politically, and train. These days won't last, we already lost the senate, the media still hates us, and there are still 3 Clintons runnin' around this counrty, one in office.Time is not on our side.
View Quote

NOW THIS PERSON KNOWS NOT TO LET DOWN THEIR GUARD, ALL SHOULD HEAD HIS WORDS!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Getting politically active is the watchword.  When the news media starts praising the gunners, NRA etc, we truly have problems.  It is "good news" when the news media whines that "dog-gone gunners are standing in the way of criminal gun reforms."  The general news media will never be our friends, NEVER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top