Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2001 7:28:36 AM EDT
He came to show my apartment to two women. I am moving at the end of the month.
They look at the place and then he looks up.
He sees all of my guns sitting out on display.
He looks at me and says, "Wow, that is kind of scary. Looks like you have some automatic weapons." I laughed at him and said, No, they are all semi."
It is funny because this guy is really arrogant, but not this time.
He was so afraid. They barely even looked around.
hehehe, that made my day.      
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
QUICK!!!!!!!!!!  Order a couple cases of ammo, and make sure they arrive at a time when he has to sign for them.

Next, have a bunch of your friends come over in camoflauge. Driving pickup trucks. With gun racks in them.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/cn/jv30720.jpg[/url]

Here is the link
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
It really irks me that when (stupid) people see guns, they immediately think of automatic weapons.

Make sure you wear your cammo everywhere before you move out.  Paint your face a few times too.

Btw, that's nothing.  Hardly a few guns and a small amount of ammo.  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
QUICK!!!!!!!!!!  Order a couple cases of ammo, and make sure they arrive at a time when he has to sign for them.

Next, have a bunch of your friends come over in camoflauge. Driving pickup trucks. With gun racks in them.

[}:D]
View Quote

LOL Garandman
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Better idea is to take the guy shooting. It's amazing the conversion rate you get from a trip or two to the range with an anti.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#6]
That is funny. Hopefully he knows you as "the nice guy that lives in 3B."  You could reinforce his likely thoughts that you are some sort of wacko, or go out of your way to be nice and talk to him to make him wonder why you are NOT a wacko. Anyway, glad you got a laugh out of it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is funny. Hopefully he knows you as "the nice guy that lives in 3B."  You could reinforce his likely thoughts that you are some sort of wacko, or go out of your way to be nice and talk to him to make him wonder why you are NOT a wacko. Anyway, glad you got a laugh out of it.
View Quote

I haven't given him any reason to think that I am a "whacko".

I think what he really cares about is that I pay my rent on time every month.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Ummmm, that's not a collection...

When you honestly can't remember how many guns you have without inventorying them, then you have a [s]cache[/s] collection!

Mine starts with (5) AR's, (1) AK and (1) "Ruger M77VLE" 308 Police Sniper.  The rest shall remain a mystery...
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He looks at me and says, "Wow, that is kind of scary. Looks like you have some automatic weapons."
View Quote

With that as his initial response I am just assuming that he thinks only wacko's own "those types of weapons." All I am saying is just to counter that stereotype in the time you have left.

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
People are funny to assume since it looks "evil" and it's in your safe that you are borderline postal and could go off at any minute.

My brother-in-law asked me if I was going to start wearing camo and buy some land out in the middle of nowhere when he saw some items I own....
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll bet you don't have a problem getting your full deposit back!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He looks at me and says, "Wow, that is kind of scary. Looks like you have some automatic weapons."
View Quote

With that as his initial response I am just assuming that he thinks only wacko's own "those types of weapons." All I am saying is just to counter that stereotype in the time you have left.

View Quote

I know where you are coming from. I don't think it is funny that he is ignorant about the joy of owning firearms. I think that is sad.
I think it's funny how quickly his attitude changed. He went from being an arrogant to afraid as soon as he saw my guns.
I think it is funny (and sad) that a grown man would even admit to being scared of an inatimate(sp) object. I doubt I will get a chance to talk to him again, but if I did I would be more than happy to bullshit about my hobbie.

Oh, and I am proud of my "collection", considering my house burnt down about a year ago. I have bought them all in the past year.
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/ub/p763374.jpg[/img]

Here is what's left of my Remington fiedmaster. My brother bought it out of Sears mail order.
                        [:(]

link if the pic doesn't work
[url]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Uz/zu/ub/p763374.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey that great pix, the guy was actually scarced $hitless.  Good laugh.  BUT, you don't want every Tom, Dick, & Harry to see your "loud & noisy toys."  Sure way to get them stolen.  But who cares since you will be moving anyways.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I know where you are coming from. I don't think it is funny that he is ignorant about the joy of owning firearms. I think that is sad.
I think it's funny how quickly his attitude changed. He went from being an arrogant to afraid as soon as he saw my guns.
I think it is funny (and sad) that a grown man would even admit to being scared of an inatimate(sp) object. I doubt I will get a chance to talk to him again, but if I did I would be more than happy to bullshit about my hobbie.

Oh, and I am proud of my "collection", considering my house burnt down about a year ago. I have bought them all in the past year.
View Quote

I think that your landlord wasn't scared because of the fact that guns are inanimate objects. But rather he was scared because he realized he had been treating you poorly because he thought that he was immune from any consequences that his behavior may have caused. When he saw your small amount of weaponry..he was reminded of his own mortality and that it pays to be polite instead of being a jerk.

This only points out the truth in the saying:
"God made Man, but Sam Colt made Man Equal".

Think of what kind of society that we would have if guns were illegal.

"An Armed Society is a Polite Society" - Robert Heinlein
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I think that your landlord wasn't scared because of the fact that guns are inanimate objects. But rather he was scared because he realized he had been treating you poorly because he thought that he was immune from any consequences that his behavior may have caused. When he saw your small amount of weaponry..he was reminded of his own mortality and that it pays to be polite instead of being a jerk.

This only points out the truth in the saying:
"God made Man, but Sam Colt made Man Equal".

Think of what kind of society that we would have if guns were illegal.

"An Armed Society is a Polite Society" - Robert Heinlein
View Quote

good point
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

good point
View Quote

My thoughts exactally.
Very good point, Bostonterrier97.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Forget the landlord, were the two women cute? take them out shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top