Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2001 1:47:55 PM EDT
1) How good are they?
2) Are they worth an asking price of $200 for one in good shape?
3) Can you get pistol grip stocks for them?
4) Can you get extended tubes?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
These must not be very popular, or not very good, or just not a Remington, Mossberg, etc...
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
ORION-They were great guns for the money at the time of manufacture. Got 1 for Xmas in about 70 from my parents. Still shooting it. Earlier models had trouble with breakage of action bars from the forend tube. First models were riveted and later they were silver soldered. Probably don't compare to 870's but better than Mossberg and Stevens at the time. Mine sold new for $140.00.No options available as they were only made for 10 years or less and have not been made for about 20yrs. If in excellent shape would more than likely be worth $150.00-$175.00. If I had to pay more I would buy a used 870 because of parts availability. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
SDWhirlwind, yes it really does help!  The price was one of the issues.  And as you state, I'd rather have the accessories ability of a Remington 870 because I know for a fact that I'll want to put a pistol grip stock on whatever shotgun I end up getting.

Good points about the Marlin:

The wood is being refinished.
Holds 5 in the tube.
18" barrel.

Bad points about the Marlin:
He wants $200
No pistol grip stocks.
Hard to find any accessories for it.

Thanks for your help!!  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top