Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Post from Imbrol|io -
The democrats introduce legislation that the Library of Congress be burnt to the ground. The republicans in loud opposition introduce counter legislation phasing it in over 5 years.
View Quote

Great, we'll have at least have five years to gather our forces to oppose ANY burning.  If we can't hack it, we deserve the black whole of oblivion into which we will fall. The curses of our grandchildren burning in our ears.

It's called 'delaying action' in military terms. Sometimes it allows the retreating force to regroup and recover the initiative. Other times it just means the retreating force will die more tired.

You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing. If the DemocRats have popular support for the burning of the Library of Congress, and the Republicans are sitting idly by permitting it to happen, then don't look for me on this forum, I'll be in my garage loading magazines and checking my gear.

But for the sake of victory, please ya'll, just remember the past. Aim small, miss small.

I'll see you on the other side.

Eric The(WeCanDoIt,It'sBeenDoneBefore)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So go on and vote Libertarian, and divide our forces in the face of a great and common enemy.

I will continue to vote Republican, as long as that Party gives me a speck of hope that it is on the right path to safeguarding our freedoms.
Eric The(Come,LetUsReasonTogether)Hun[>]:)]  
View Quote

That is EXACTLY the reason you need to vote libertarian. YOU are the one dividing forces by voting republican. YOU AND EVERY OTHER COMMIE REPUBLICAN!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
how sad.....

the price of freedom.............
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Post by b0ne -
That is EXACTLY the reason you need to vote libertarian. YOU are the one dividing forces by voting republican. YOU AND EVERY OTHER COMMIE REPUBLICAN!
View Quote

Whew!! Can't argue with logic like that.

Come on out into the sunlight boy, I can hardly see ya. Introduce yourself, and 'splain what you mean, Eugene!

Eric The(UnloosenTheStrapOnThatHatABit)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just being facetious.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a sufficient explanation.[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top