Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2001 11:12:55 AM EDT
I've recently purchased a pre-ban government profile rifle, the rifle was made in 1990 and is supposed to be A2, everything about the rifle indicates it to be A2 except for the lower receiver which doesn't have the raised mag. release fence and it has a large hole front pivot pin, I was wondering if colt would be willing/able to replace it with a A2 lower that has 2 mil spec pins like the ones bushmaster uses, and just copy the old serial numbers on the new one like olympic arms does,
and they would just destroy the old lower, does anyone know if colt has ever done anything like that .?

Thank You
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The best thing to do is to call them and ask.
I doubt that they would do this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Stokes had one replaced a while back, but that was due to the old one being inoperable for some reason.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It is possible they will be glad to replace it But, There is something u should beware of this... Possible will install Sear block! How would u trust them?
                      Taz
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Stokes and at least one other forum meber have had Colt replace damaged pre-ban lower receivers for them.

It is my understanding that Colt will replace irrepairably damaged pre-ban lower receivers, but they will not simply renumber a new lower receiver with the serial number from a serviceable pre-ban. You would need to somehow seriously damage your pre-ban lower reciever, and I would probably advise to do so in a manner that would not arrouse Colt's suspicions.

Also note that you will get a current production lower receiver with your old serial number. This means that you will get the larger diameter trigger/disconnector pins and an effective sear block in the form of a web accross the rear of the lower receiver.

If you have an original R6550 Gov't Model AR15A2, I would just keep it as is or sell it if you simply must have the cosmetic mag fence. Please do not destroy an original Green Label Colt simply for appearance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you have an original R6550 Gov't Model AR15A2, I would just keep it as is or sell it if you simply must have the cosmetic mag fence. Please do not destroy an original Green Label Colt simply for appearance.
View Quote

I think you should just sell it, and get the one you want, I wouldn't take a chance on "faking" i.e. to make it unserviceable, because Colt probably see that it was not, and you will be out of lower receiver.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top