Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 7:51:38 PM EDT
Did all the Pro-Gunners get thrown in jail?
TRT, Report in!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
This show was the biggest in the Washington Arms Collectors' history.  Probably everyone is suffering from burnout!  Also, this is the NRA GunShow, so it was HUGE, crowded, busy, and there was a banquet following the show.  Not everyone has reported in yet.

Charlton Heston and Wayne LaPierre were to be there.  I had to leave before getting a chance to see the President of the National Rifle Association...I was hoping to be able to see him and hear him say, "From my cold, dead hands!"

There was a demonstration outside by Washington CeaseFire with about 75 people.  One of them suffered heat prostration and had to be hauled away in an ambulance.  If you can't take the heat...
They were chanting and singing and whatever else protesters do.  Didn't stay but a few hours and left.  Check out the news tonight on Seattle area channels 5 and 7 for coverage.

There were exhibitors of Military Vehicles and equipment, including some great "War Guns" displays.  Finely crafted firearms with engraving and inlay.  A classic Weatherby rifle display.  A first time shown Colt Woodsman .22 pistol exhibit.  Knives.  Accessories.  Parts.  And, of course, the NRA.

I found a couple of little items of interest that I needed.  Got my best buddy to join the WAC.  Talked to an NRA rep from headquarters back east.  Had a delicious greasy breakfast with terrible coffee!  

I met up with some of the guys from the wa.shooters/AR15.com Forums and had some good conversation, all the while proudly displaying the [b][red]AR15.com T-Shirt[/red][/b] around the show!!!  It was generating a lot of "looks" and I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are a lot of people checking out the site tonight.

That's it from my perspective.
How 'bout you other folks that attended todays show?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good report. When did your T Shirt arrive?

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Aviator-
I've had the shirt for a couple of weeks.  It took about a week to get to me once I sent the $.
Only problem is, I've washed it both times I've worn it and the hem of the shirt is fraying in the back already...
Are these units covered under warranty?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My 3rd BTT...sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top