Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 7:16:32 PM EDT
hey guys, I got a great deal on a complete BM upper from a friend, but the thing is that its a post ban configuration, but its going on my pre ban lower and so I am wondering how I can put a Flash Hider on it? Is it possible to thread the barrel or am I stuck to having to weld it on? Any info you guys can give me would be great and any place that I could ship my upper to that could do whats necessary. thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Kurt, he has a forum on this site.  Putting the post ban upper on a pre-ban lower is fine.  For what you planning to do is fine. An example of how your upper will be, just look at the pre-ban Colts upper without the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Legally, you're all good.  So long as the overall length of the barrel (plus flash suppressor) is 16" or greater, you are fine.

However, if you want a bayonet lug, you will need to replace the entire front sight post.  This is [b]not[/b] something you want to do unless you [i]really[/i] know what you're doing.

My suggestion is to either call Kurt at KKF and see what he has to say OR trade your upper for a preban version.  (The second option may cost you less, especially after adding in shipping, insurance, packaging, etc., costs.)

Good luck!

Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
the upper isnt a restricted item unlike a highcap mag so u can thread the barrel add a bayolug and add anything else u damn well please to it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

However, if you want a bayonet lug, you will need to replace the entire front sight post.  This is [b]not[/b] something you want to do unless you [i]really[/i] know what you're doing.

View Quote

There is actually an adaptor bayonet lug out that is designed to be used on post ban uppers.  I believe Tapco sales them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
bkss67
Email me at [email protected] and maybe we can work out a trade. I have a Bushy Dissipator
in a preban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top