Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 4:54:41 AM EDT
I have a factory remington topfolder stock for my 870. My pistolgrip has developed a crack and I want to get JUST the grip. Can anyone get this for me or knows who has them? If so e-mail me please, [email protected]
Thanks
BrenLover
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#1]
all i have to say is good luck.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I know, Remington won't sell the stock or replacement parts to civilians.

However, they had one factory folder at our local (Waukesha, WI) gun show for $499.95.  No spare parts, though.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought an 870 with a "For Law Enforcement Only" factory folder-new, from a gun shop- back around 1981 and I still have it. Mine too developed cracks in the grip. A few years ago I called Remington & they said only LEO's are allowed to own the top-folder. I explained that I'm a civilian & bought it as a civilian from a local gun shop. I explained that when I asked the shop about the LE markings, they said it was okay & had no problem selling it to me. The Remington rep said that the only way they could sell me the part was if I went to my Sherriff or Police Chief and had them write a letter saying it was okay for me to have the folding stock in their jurisdiction. Then send the Sherriffs letter to Remington and once they (Remington) confirmed it was okay for me to have the part- they would sell it to me. Needless to say, I still have the old stock with the cracks in it! It hasn't been on that 870 in 6 or 7 years.

I remember thinking what f@cking @ssholes Remington were back then, but I'm all better now!

Good luck finding the part, and if you do find a source- post it here 'cause I need one too!

Shoot straight,

bennyrock
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is not only cracked but broken off.  POS!

Good luck in your search .
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF is up with that a folding stocked 870 inst illegal as its a pump gun as far as the 94 CB is concered now local laws are another story i guess its like colt and there damn sear block just being a pain in the @ss
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
As a matter of Remington Corporate policy several of their products are restricted to LE sales only. These include the 870 Police, The 700 PSS & the already mentioned 870 Folding Stock. It's not a law, its just Remigntons policy.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine with the small crack in the stock at a local gun show for $20! Still useable but want a new one. I have epoxied it but it has not held well. Couldn't a local FFL order the part for a "LEO" and then just sell it to me? I like the stock, best one I've seen yet for 870's
BrenLover
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a matter of Remington Corporate policy several of their products are restricted to LE sales only. These include the 870 Police, The 700 PSS & the already mentioned 870 Folding Stock. It's not a law, its just Remigntons policy.
View Quote

What's the 870 Police?  How is it different from a normal 870?  Also, what's a 700PSS?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What's the 870 Police?  How is it different from a normal 870?  Also, what's a 700PSS?

Thanks,

Mike
View Quote

The Remington 700P is in essence a Varmint rifle they call a "Sniper" rifle, and request it's sales be limited to Law Enforcement.
It is a hollow marketing ploy. Cops like to think that the gear they have is "special", so they will be more inclined to buy a gun marked "Police".
To compount this mindset, Remington knows that thier dealers aren't limited by law regarding sales of these guns...So will sell well to Non-LEO's who get off on the fact it is marked "police".
Kinda like Winchesters +P+ ammo. Marked "Law Enforcement Only" but perfectly legal to own, although I personally was once detained for an hour for having a box on me during a traffic stop.

The 870P is simple a Remington 870 with a Polymer stock, Factory magazine extention, and metal trigger guard housing.
I got one.
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/F2/Lb/qg/tL87869.jpg[/img]

outstanding guns. Can't break'em with a sledgehammer, and pattern very well. I added the scope mount so I could add a dot sight, and with said dot sight, I personally can mow down 8 poppers in 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
mmmm... My Dad has one of the origianl 870's with the factory folder marked "For Police Use Only". He has had it now for probably close to 30 years, 25 at least. I'll have to check it for cracks as this sounds common. He hasn't had it out in years, it probably has had less than 50 rounds put through it since he bought it new. I remeber as a kid the shop he bought it at had 6 or 7 on the rack. I was only about 12 at the time, we thought it was the ultimate in cool! My brother and I got it out one time and practiced shooting from the hip w/buckshot. Lots of kick for a 12 year old!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top