Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2001 9:36:55 PM EDT
first, i took out the space in somepossible so it all fit.

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1595480[/URL]

hhmmmmmmmmmm. looks to me like a surplus parts kit on a shitty hease or like receiver in a springfeild box. i think springfeilds have red selectors, have the original HK style shape(like the collapsable stock groove), the finish on the mag will looks a little iffy, i dont see and SAR markings, and it looks like a flat top. most of all is the price. maybe im wrong about al this, but its not like other SARs my has found

edited cause i suck at board code
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
first, i took out the space in somepossible so it all fit.

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=1595480[/url]

hhmmmmmmmmmm. looks to me like a surplus parts kit on a shitty hease or like receiver in a springfeild box. i think springfeilds have red selectors, have the original HK style shape(like the collapsable stock groove), the finish on the mag will looks a little iffy, i dont see and SAR markings, and it looks like a flat top. most of all is the price. maybe im wrong about al this, but its not like other SARs my has found
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
No, that is a real Sringfield.  They made a few at the end of 1999 and begining of 2000 till the BATF stopped them.  They are similar to the Century Federal Arms guns but with a little more quality control.  Of course I would prefer one of the Greek SAR-8s  but they were doing what they could at the time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
well shit on me, all the SAs i saw had much more detail
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's legit, but it's still a piece of crap.

If only SA could have somehow managed to keep making their 91 clones off of FMP receivers like back in the old days...

those were nice guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top