Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2001 9:17:48 PM EDT
I finally have her![:D]  I got my first AR-15 2 days ago.  Thanks to the help from the fine people here I waited the extra four days (it killed me) and got the Bushmaster 16" A3 I had ordered  insteatd of the replacement offer.  It is awesome!  Now I just can't wait to shoot it.  Can I now be "officially" part of the club now? [:o]  Anyway, just wanted to brag about my new toy!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Congratulations on becoming one of the "red-headed step-children" of firearms ownership!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Now,....Just wait till you become addicted to USGI 30 rd magazines.[:D] I cant keep track of which ones I have used, and which ones I've never taken to the range.....[b]And I just ordered 5 more[/b]

welcome to the club [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
OK first rule:

Sleeping with rifle NEXT to the bed is OK, in the bed is NOT.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh come on, nothing like the feel of cold steel on a hot night![;)]  The wife somehow disagrees though, I think she might be jealous.  Oh well, I am just glad to have her (the gun that is)!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]

In addition to the rifle you will need the following:
1.)  At least 1000 rounds of ammo
2.)  No less than 50 USGI mags
3.)  Appoximately $200 worth of cleaning equipment
4.)  Lots of time

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep now you have to go to group therapy ar's anonomous. hi my name is JIM! iam addicted to ar15's. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK first rule:

View Quote

That's why my wife sleeps on the couch. i bought
a real nice comferter for my AR15.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

In addition to the rifle you will need the following:
1.)  At least 1000 rounds of ammo
2.)  No less than 50 USGI mags
View Quote

The math makes it at least [b]1500 ROUNDS???[/b]

DK [:D]

Note to Self: Need to buy more ammo!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
now you'll be just like those of us that sink all of our money into buying scopes, uppers, stocks, etc.
View Quote

Isn't that the truth!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK first rule:

View Quote

Note to self...
[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Steyr I have to disagree with You about sleeping with the weapon in bed. Not that do it on a regular basis. I had a bad experience once while I was the Army once. For some reason that I can't remember now we had set up a position over watching a road on a steep slope. I had put out my poncho to sleep on and had fallen asleep with my M60 next to me. I remember waking up a couple of hours later and reaching for my pig. My weapon was not next to me [:O]. What had happened was that I had slid down the slope about 8 feet on my poncho liner. You just don't loose your weapon in the Army its a very bad thing. After that I had always wrapped the sling around me in certain ways to avoid such incidences in the future. Matthew, I would say don't feel ashamed to tuck you weapon in next to you in bed. If you start painting your furniture on weapon to match your sheets then there is a problem and seek therapy. Oh, I would probably buy a spare upper and keep it virginal except for test firing a couple hundred rounds for hard times. Practice with one and save another.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations Matthew.  Maybe I'll bump into you out shooting some time. I'm also in Utah.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Matt Daugherty:
Steyr I have to disagree with You about sleeping with the weapon in bed. Not that do it on a regular basis. I had a bad experience once while I was the Army once. For some reason that I can't remember now we had set up a position over watching a road on a steep slope. I had put out my poncho to sleep on and had fallen asleep with my M60 next to me. I remember waking up a couple of hours later and reaching for my pig. My weapon was not next to me [:O]. What had happened was that I had slid down the slope about 8 feet on my poncho liner. You just don't loose your weapon in the Army its a very bad thing. After that I had always wrapped the sling around me in certain ways to avoid such incidences in the future. Matthew, I would say don't feel ashamed to tuck you weapon in next to you in bed. If you start painting your furniture on weapon to match your sheets then there is a problem and seek therapy. Oh, I would probably buy a spare upper and keep it virginal except for test firing a couple hundred rounds for hard times. Practice with one and save another.

No Slack!
View Quote

Two DIFFERENT set of rules. One for in the field and the other for in the home. You do things alot different in the field.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OK first rule:

View Quote

Nobody seemed to mind when we were camping in Ohio.... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top