him to Miami for treatment. He seems to be
recovering.

What the hell happened? What are Cobras doing in
the Carolinas?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A spitting cobra got loose from a guy in Moody, Alabama, not too long ago. It's still on the loose, they say it spits venom and can melt your eyes out from 15ft away (small exageration). They still haven't found it. Guy who owned it said he was a decendant of Pocahantas(sp?), so thus he keeps dangerous snakes.[%|]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A spitting cobra got loose from a guy in Moody, Alabama, not too long ago. It's still on the loose, they say it spits venom and can melt your eyes out from 15ft away (small exageration). They still haven't found it. Guy who owned it said he was a decendant of Pocahantas(sp?), so thus he keeps dangerous snakes.[%|]
View Quote

I was JUST thinking of that when I read this post; I see this made more than just local news.  I'm not sure if it's a king cobra or what, but in either case - watch out.  As for THAT cobra being in South Carolina by now, I don't honestly think it would have made the trip by now.  Can cobras travel unscathed for 20 miles a day??

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
So THAT'S what was on my lawn this morning! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/eek2.gif[/img]  
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Guy who owned it said he was a decendant of Pocahantas(sp?), so thus he keeps dangerous snakes
View Quote

I'm pretty sure Pocahantas didn't keep cobras.  So, did it bite the guy or spit on him?

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My Daddy's from Tenn. and he taught me to always double check the knot on the burlap bag when we go to church on Sunday because he really gets mad when those rattlers get loose in the car they are only to be handled in church.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The guy in South Carolina had the cobra as a pet as well as other poisonous snakes. Said he was bitten last year by his pet rattle snake. He's 21, lives in a trailer, and is about to have his first child. Think I'll let the inference stop there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top