Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 8:25:49 AM EDT
Let us all spend more than 10 seconds thinking about how prescious this day is in terms of all that we have as Americans....

...and say a prayer that America reverses it's present course.

M4-AK
[flag]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
yea it is its all about bottle rockets and firecracker's without those the 4th would plain suck.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let us all spend more than 10 seconds thinking about how prescious this day is in terms of all that we have as Americans....

...and say a prayer that America reverses it's present course.

M4-AK
[flag]
View Quote

I am with you, brother.
As much as I get pissed at some of the things that go on in our country, and the laws that are passed, I love the United States of America!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree Men....but I certainly wont be praying to anyone/thing.
TEREK
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Not about firecrackers?!?? That will come as a great shock to a lot of people. Spread the word.
GCF
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
i wish people would pay more attention to the 4th. it deserves more than any other holiday. religous holidays like christmas have tehir own "season" but they are mostly representive, as they really have no idea when jesus lived and died. the 4th of july is a holiday celebrating a documented event, which is more important than any other in americian history. it effects every americian in ways most dont relize and i just wish people would take a second, put down the beer and the bottle rockets and thank are forefathers for what they did on this day, 225 years ago
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]
It ain't about firecrackers cause firecrackers are illegal. Now what were we celebrating? Oh yeah, freedom. Yippee, yahoo!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I am afraid that our country has been diluted with too many foreign nationals that keep too much of their own home country's history in mind and are not taught the history of their new country.  It starts with the parents.  I have never served in the military but I have a great respect for them and the history of our country.  I say lets give a minute of prayer each fourth of july for the men and women who came before us and gave of themselves for our liberties.  God Bless America and everyone out there, please have a safe Fourth of July Holiday.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
but I certainly wont be praying to anyone/thing.
View Quote

no offence intended to you -
but in other words your saying that your great greay great great great great .........  grandfather was walking around down on all fours eating grubs and worms and his distant relatives were some kind of tadpole or something.

I believe God has surely blessed this great country and it is only our fault for the decay of freedom and moral values that surrounds us now.
- [b]bricklayer[/b]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
To too many people, Independence Day, and Memorial Day have become just a day off work. What a shame.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It ain't about firecrackers cause firecrackers are illegal. Now what were we celebrating? Oh yeah, freedom. Yippee, yahoo!
View Quote

You stole the words out of my mouth. How can we celebrate American freedom when some of us don't even HAVE the freedom to celebrate. Or maybe instead of saying freedom to celebrate, how about freedom of "expression".

Besides, how is it we celebrate our freedom and independence by spending $5 billion dollars a year for a shit load of fireworks MADE IN CHINA!!!!! What the fu©k is with that!?!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Shit, simple firecrackers are banned in alot of places.  Exactly what freedom are we celebrating?

1.  The freedom not to have too much cash on you or you might be considered a drug dealer and have it taken.  To get your money back, you need to go to court to "prove" where you got it....and still not get it back. Asset forfeiture is freeedom????

2.  The freedom to have the government decide which drugs you can put in your own body....even if those drugs make your live easier (i.e. marijuana for cancer patients).

3.  The freedom to be in pain because your doctor is too scared of the DEA to prescribe you painkillers.

4.  The freedom not to use your cellular phone in your car (i.e NY state)

5.  The freedom to have private companies take photos of your car when you are supposedly speeding, send you a ticket in the mail, and divide up the profit between the company and the state. (i.e lockheed-martin and photo radar)

6.  The freedom to ride a bycycle without a helmet and get fined.

7.  The freedom to not wear a seat belt and get fined.

8.  The freedom to buy cigarettes with a 200% tax applied.

9.  The freedom to be raided in the middle of the night with a "no-knock" search.....and to have the identity of your accuser kept secret.

10.  The freedom to pay entrance fees to national parks that are supposed to be paid for by the 40% in taxs you shell out each year.

11.  The freedom to drive 65mph on an empty interstate that can handle 90mph.

12.  The freedom to have lanes on the interstate that you can not drive on because you dont have two other idiots in the car.

13.  The freedom to bring a cell phone to school and be arrested.

14.etc

15.etc.

About the only freedom that you have in this country that you don't have in most places in the world is the ability to buy/carry SOME guns.  That freedom is different from state to state....and is diminishing every year.

Sorry for the long post with numerous misspelled words.  It is just frustrating to witness the loss of freedom and privacy that has happend in the last 20 years.  When I was a kid, I had my first rifle at age 13 and would go out hunting unsupervised.  One of my uncles would let me borrow his pistol to shoot unsupervised at that age as well as it was no big deal.  Today, my uncle would be a felon for letting me use his pistol unsupervised to shoot tin cans.

This is why I don't know if I want to have kids.  I mean, the schools are pretty much Orwelian nightmares of surveilance and oppression....in some schools even "talking" about guns will get you suspended and as discussed in another thread, "smelling" like cigarette smoke could get you suspended in one school in this land of the free.  Some schools are demanding pee tests for drugs and will call the police if you are found with an ASPIRIN in your possession.

Dam, it's the fourth of july and it's against the law to set off a damn firecracker where I live.  Land of the free my ass.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#13]
A3Snake,
99% of what you said is true but that small one percent is a lot more than 1%...I'd rather live here than ANY other country.
And what you said about the school system is absolutely correct, not to mention it's more like prison these days, its a wonder I finished it as quick as I could and went to the army.  I was gonna go nuts if I stayed in school any longer, school is a place of opression.  It's a wonder I never ended up as one of those kids that got arrested for talkign about guns, it was all I talked about.  There was only 2 teachers in a school with damb near 200, that I trusted.  Not to mention about 98% of the kids smoke pot and worse stuff...I've still never tried it and never will...
THIS IS TO PUBLIC SCHOOLING...
[-!-!-]
I came so close to getting kicked out for doing stuff like that directly to the teachers...most of you will never even know what it's like in today's schools.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#14]
DJSSniper,

Believe me, I get upset just hearing about how bad schools have gotten....and I don't even have any kids and I am long out of school. It just upsets me to see people live oppressed, nanny state, lives.  I don't know why it upsets me so much, but it just does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top