Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You must have really BIG hands! Especially for a woman.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Door Kicker:
View Quote

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/012/tv/xn/Fj/dL58775.jpg[/img]

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/012/tv/xn/Fj/9G94414.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhhh,
"But I shoot A LOT, and I feel as if I have put enough rounds through my Tactical, that I would feel a bit more comfortable with a new firearm. I could buy a new Tactical, but since I don't have too much cash to throw around, I would like to transition to another quality handgun, and the Tact. can remain in my collection as a shooter."

How many rounds you got through your Tactical?  Any routine maintenance?

What makes you think it's worn to the point of beeing more comfortable with a "new" weapon?  

Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
mattja,  good pictures.  Made me laugh.

But how do the bullets get through that video camera stuck on the end of the barrel?  Would you tote that around in a huge shoulder holster?  Or do they make some kind of over-the-back scabbard?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jenni -
Who is that employer?
View Quote

I'd rather not discuss that in front of unfriendlies like HangFire, but I will tell you this much, my employer is not a state, county or city.  In case that is what you were thinkin.
View Quote

Please feel free to email with the agency name and contact info.  Hell, if they pay enough for officers to afford private purchase MK23's and allow such latitude in carry options, I might want to apply!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never shot a Tactical or a MK23, but I don't see how the MK23 is going to have the same handling characteristics when it weighs more and is bigger in almost every dimension other than the caliber.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...how do the bullets get through that video camera stuck on the end of the barrel?
View Quote

LMAO, that's a prototype of the original suppressor. I don't think they ever produced it. :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the Springfield Operator.  The controls is knida of close to the HK Tactical.  It is different and a plus to add to your collection.  Hell, you are lucky to carry a SA auto for duty.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Jew -
Page 2  sub MOA at 25 yards
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jew -
View Quote

OK, OK fine whatever.  I was shooting TINY FUCKING HOLES at 25 yards, because some shots would go through tiny parts of the holes in other shots.  I didn't measure out exactly, but considering two-shots look like an [b]"8"[/b], it was DAMN WELL CLOSE to a quarter, or maybe a third of an inch.  I guess I was counting too far out from the middle, so sue me.

"I can shoot approximate-MOA holes at 25yards with a .40 Sig".  Better? Geez [:P]

[brown]Evil MOA shooting Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jew -
View Quote

OK, OK fine whatever.  I was shooting TINY FUCKING HOLES at 25 yards, because some shots would go through tiny parts of the holes in other shots.  I didn't measure out exactly, but considering two-shots look like an [b]"8"[/b], it was DAMN WELL CLOSE to a quarter, or maybe a third of an inch.  I guess I was counting too far out from the middle, so sue me.

"I can shoot approximate-MOA holes at 25yards with a .40 Sig".  Better? Geez [:P]

[brown]Evil MOA shooting Jewbroni~[/brown]
View Quote

Lighten up man, I'm just ragging on ya'
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
Originally Posted By Tim J:
I don't want to be out of line, but do you work for a mall?

View Quote

You beat me to it!!!
View Quote

You guys are going to start making jokes about the brave men and woman who put their lives on the line in retial security, aren't you? Wel,, let me tell you that if she works in a "select4" mall, she can get that sort of funding for Mk23, or probably anything else. You don't realize how importantly a certain branch of the Fed takes people's safty in select4 mall.

TacGirl, the MK23 will be a decent sidearm, and I have no doubt that, from your viewpoint as a perso who will use it on duty, that you can handel it. The AQC silencer, used with the mkII UTL, adds enough forward wheight to dampen the heavist loades. Perhaps you could illumnate something about your liun of work, and wheter or not you are a member of IRS(Indoor Retial Securty)?

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought maybe F.B.I.
Fantasy
Bullshit
Institgator
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]
No Federal agency I can think of besides FBI(only HRT and SWAT) and a few other small Fed Tac Units, allow the 1911 single action. Other intel 3 letter agencies "may" but don't issue them, so you all KNOW this is BS. Get Real, maybe i'll replace my M4 carbine with a .50 cal semi-auto rifle and my sidearm with a Desert Eagle, only if it has 6 attachments. Maybe I can get a waiver and have a .75 cal auto made... and I shoot my HK sooo much I need get a new gun cause I am toooo familiar with my HK Tact, Maybe i'll carry one on each hip, BullSH*T!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#16]
TAC-GIRL,

This is taking too long.
How are you with shoe shopping?

Just kidding.
My original idea stands; get a  direct replacement.  OR get both.
Happy Hunting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just curious if she has any wall climbing boots....

I just love it when females discuss penetration.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
If you need to stick with a 45, have you considered an M3 greasegun? You could carry in a holster, since the shade from your smokey the bear hat would conceal the size.
You could also keep it in a shortened scabbard between the big gulp holders in the security cart.
Plus, you would have the pride of a gun made by an auto company, and would be able to select shoulder or hip use.
Regular people would need a class three, but I am sure that you would have no problem getting permission since it is common for security guards to carry auto weapons at nuke plants and discount malls.

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Guys, this chick is the mall ninjette that was supposed to be returning fire while Gecko45 was taking .308 hits to the back.

First its--Hi, Im Lara Croft, and now its Hi, Im a big bad navy SEAL with my MK23 with infared laser.  This is too funny

Reverend73
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Uh, may I ask some questions?

1. Since when does a duty officer ever carry a HK Tactical .45? The only people I know with those handguns are SWAT or Spec Ops.

2. Why would you want to trade it in?

3. What are you using this for? Entry or Defense?

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Charade or not, the question of how to set up a single action, 45 as an example, for a woman is a good point to study.  Especially for LE, the weapon needs to fit, feel, and function to the max to give the best advantage as well as provide the best protection if she should have to go up against the lawyers.

Once in a while an issued weapon will fit a woman's hand, but most of the ones I've talked with complain about the fit and would have loved to trade for my worked over Colt.

As mentioned, there is a lot of variation in the size of hands and a woman may be able to use one doublestack but not another due to the grip design.  Some may be limited to the single stack due to small hands.

Besides the grip itself, other parts such as trigger being long or short, slide release, mag release,safety, and sights may need special attention.  
The grips, beavertail, mainspring housing, and relieving the trigger guard area all need scrutiny for each woman.

Feel and balance are important and will be affected by factors such as size and length of grip. Is it a steel, alloy, or poly frame.  Type and length of barrel and slide, ported or comped, add on mounts or integral cuts for light, laser, are other items for consideration.

My idea is to try as many as possible and note the pluses and minuses.  Then get a good gunsmith to work with and put one together.
If possible using a factory model with a lot of the desired features and letting the smith work out the other details could probably save a lot of bucks.

Powderburner
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]
hmm must be the female mall ninja

as for teh orginal topic get whatever u can shoto under a stressfull sitiuan the best. so go to a range and rent em and c witch one u like the best
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Door Kicker:
View Quote
You know the old wives tale;
"big hands, big ****"
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Good grief!  You guys are still posting on this thread?  I think even Tac-girl herself has lost interest in it.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top