Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2001 6:32:42 AM EDT
Yet another holiday ruined again here in Ohio. Because it rains EVERY FUCKING DAY HERE!!!! Without a doubt the worst year ever here. Sow I have thousands of rounds sitting here not to be used. I might as well sell all my guns since they never get shot on account of weather. I wish I stayed in California.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You just have to put the best face on it. First, realize that neither you nor your guns are going to melt if they get wet. Rain? So what! Get a poncho and shoot anyway! You'll have the range to yourself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be worse, you could be working today, like I am, so enjoy it as best as you can.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]
What part of Ohio are you in?
I'm in the southeast and its not raining here -yet.
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#5]
There's the option of indoor range, but half my ammo, wolf , can't be used because of steel casings. An d the spacialty 12 Gauge ammo can't be used that I have for today. And I did have a couple people bail out on me on account of work, firefighters. So sucks to be them today. So what to do? I once shot outdoors standing in 3 feet of snow. That was fun but all the spent casings would dissapear in snow.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
o waaaaaaaaaa!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Katman,

Don't feel alone. I hate bad weather also. NY sucks with everything! Weather,guns,taxes,crowds and so on and so on. I want to split but family ties makes it hard now. Some day. Don't go back to kali go south  texas,Florida,GA,NM, or AZ.I know I will be doing FL or Texas in my future. I like nice weather also. By the way it is raining here too! I would say between rain or cold or snow we get 250 bad days here out of 365. Not to good of odds for me.That is why NYers are so hostile. Good luck
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Suggestion here: Volunteer with some of the other range members to put up shed roofs  over the shooting benches.  They keep the sun and the rain off.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell, and you call yourself a shooter? If Im going shooting Im going shooting, no matter rain nor sleet nor snow (not that we get a lot of snow down here). Ive been out at the range shooting when it was raining so hard that I was kind of embarrassed to walk back into the shop afterwards to pay my tab because I was dripping so much water everywhere.

On the upside you can use less staples on your targets cause once they get soaked they won't blow around much. If you wear glasses though it might suck, but since I don't I just put on a baseball cap and go.

More than likely you won't melt or float off.

Michael
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Get loaded up, then when the rain stops go get the shooting done before it starts again. Only stay out of the low lying areas, we had 3 to 4 inches.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
It's raining here in the Cleveland area. [:(!]

I'm trying to do the brakes on my truck and keep getting interrupted by the weather.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's raining here in the Cleveland area. [:(!]

I'm trying to do the brakes on my truck and keep getting interrupted by the weather.
View Quote

Not to mention being interupted by the computer.

I used to live in Medina County: For all kinds of reasons, summer weather excluded, I don't miss it at all.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Here in Michigan we had record rain falls also this year. Seems to be raining constantly. It has also stopped me from doing much shooting, not the wet part but all the damn mosquitoes. It is absolutely impossible to enjoy shooting with who knows how many thousand of the dang things buzzing around you.
Tuco
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey you should try working here in 110 degree heat with high humidity.  I would love to have rain here to stop this oppressive heat.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yet another holiday ruined again here in Ohio. Because it rains EVERY FUCKING DAY HERE!!!! Without a doubt the worst year ever here. Sow I have thousands of rounds sitting here not to be used. I might as well sell all my guns since they never get shot on account of weather. I wish I stayed in California.
View Quote

In California the weather would be better, but you'd have no guns or power.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm surprised again!  I can't believe how many foks bought water soluable guns!  Wow, all the guns I own can take a dunkin' and keep on shuckin'!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Count yourself lucky.  You could be down here with an almost 4 foot deficit of water over the last year.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I would love rain right now.

Skeeters are the worst when you shoot, if you hike or ride ATV's, you can out run them, but you can't shooting. Maybe I will have to work on my fire & movement.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]
It makes the pretty mushrooms in the cow piles grow and grow(sometimes you can actually see them grow).[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I actually like when it rains, that is, if I'am not having an outdoor party/BBQ. Don't know why but, I love stormy weather.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#23]
In Oregon we shoot in the rain... and swim with our webbed feet [:)]

Of course today it was perfect 80 degree weather with a strange glowing ball in the sky.  It made for a good day at the range.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#24]
send all your rain to kalif (we need it)
and you can have ALL our shitty gun laws

deal ???

didnt think so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top