Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2001 11:38:35 PM EDT
Is there anyone here who knows how long S&W is expected to last?How much money does this company who owns them has?Do you think they'll use S&W to loose $$ and use them as a write off?I was wondering how much longer will we have to put up with them and the POS products.

KEEP THE BOYCOTT ALIVE!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They were sold; the Brits (Tompkins) no longer owns them.  I forget who bought S&W, but it's an American firm.

Ghostface, I have to disagree with you on one thing; they don't make POS products.  The quality is great.

However, I'm not going to buy a single one of them until the agreement is overturned in some manner.  Whether it's through legislation, lawyers, or bankrupcy.

No new S&W products until it's resolved properly.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:17:33 AM EDT
[#3]
PreBans,I was talking about S&W autos,I'd say they make the best wheelguns.S&W autos just don't stack up against the Glock,SIG,and H&K pistols.The other brands metioned are just easier to shoot and they quality is much better.Also,S&W mag capacity is lower when compared to the others,this matters if you're an L.E.O. or buy preban mags.
S&W quality has slipped over the years,I've compared my newer 4506-1 to the 645s and 4506s that some the older officers have and theres a big difference between them.I shoot high expert with the smith but this has'nt come easy,it takes me a while to readjust when shooting a Glock or SIG.When I was at the academy there were no wheel guns and less than 10% S&W.Most of the officers had Glocks followed alot of SIGs and a few Berretas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top